The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arena Gladiator's Costume no longer available?

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
I just bought 50 Arena Gladiator's Exultation fragments and when I tried to used it I found out that it's no longer possible to create the Runebox.

Is any way to still make it work or convert the fragments int something else? It was very expensive. :neutral:

It appears bound to my account and seems that I can't do anything with it.

ibeou88blj2p.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 8, 2023 5:52PM
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no. You need to buy one exultation and have 50 arena proofs in your inventory to use.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indigogo wrote: »
    Oh no. You need to buy one exultation and have 50 arena proofs in your inventory to use.

Wait! What!? :open_mouth: Oh damn! I see the mistake now... Ouch! :neutral: I don't play much PVP so it took me ages to collect those 500.000 Alliance Points to buy the costume (as I thought). I understand the mistake I made now. But seems that I can't even fix my mistake by selling those fragments. For some weird reason it's all bound to my account. So, I guess that this was the ultimate incentive I needed to quit trying PVP and return to PVE. I feel so dumb! :blush:
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry, I feel for you. I'm prone to doing the same kind of thing so I fully empathise!
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry, I feel for you. I'm prone to doing the same kind of thing so I fully empathise!

I just tried to offer it all to my guilds. At least it could be useful for other players, but it's also not allowed. Looks like the only option it to destroy all fragments. That feels so wrong...
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can refund the cost of the fragments
    Put in a ticket and follow their instruments @NeKryXe
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's kinda nuts they even let you buy 50 of those, hopefully support gives you your AP back.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't sell them back to the merchant perhaps?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can refund the cost of the fragments
    Put in a ticket and follow their instruments @NeKryXe

I'm going to try that. But I understand that it was my fault.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully putting in a ticket can help.

I too thought the cost of the costume was rather high, so I went out and made a "gladiator look" on my own for a few of my characters.

3oqyrndbtyl7.png
    f6i51mc2avra.png

You can get the look by combining Minotaur, Order of the Hour, and Mazzatun motifs.
    Edited by BlueRaven on January 8, 2023 1:37PM
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

Wait! What!? :open_mouth: Oh damn! I see the mistake now... Ouch! :neutral: I don't play much PVP so it took me ages to collect those 500.000 Alliance Points to buy the costume (as I thought). I understand the mistake I made now. But seems that I can't even fix my mistake by selling those fragments. For some weird reason it's all bound to my account. So, I guess that this was the ultimate incentive I needed to quit trying PVP and return to PVE. I feel so dumb! :blush:

@NeKryXe I did a similar thing a while back and was able to get my points refunded by submitting a help desk ticket. If you haven't done so submit a ticket and thoroughly explain the situation.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty impressed. I got a friendly response from support very quickly and they had this resolved within a few minutes. They just asked me to destroy the 50 Arena Gladiator's Exultation, and then they restored all the Alliance Points I wasted.

I'm surprised and quite happy with the procedure. I wasn't expecting much because the mistake was really my fault, due to lack of attention. I also have to thank you all for the suggestion to contact support, I probably wouldn't have done it without your encouragement, because I really thought it wouldn't be reversible.

Well... I still feel dumb, but the lesson was learned. :smiley: