The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Immobolize/snare poison

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me if immobilization/ snare poisons work in PvP?
Will all my skills like Ambush CC my target?

Or should I use a different poison or glyph?

Best Answers

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    either poison or glyph apply on hit with cooldown, not by chance.
    from backbar only the aoe dot spell works from each weapon to trigger backbar glyph on frontbar, for bow it's volley so not in pvp. Also I don't know if and i dont think that poisons can be procced from backbar, just glyphs.

root poison works in pvp but it's effective only sometimes since all good players have movement under control.
    depending on ur build u better use cost or drain poisons, or glyphs
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
    Answer ✓
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox also, and only ever did the mages guild on one toon. Bought it on another one or two. I wouldn't do it again either-- not for anything in the world.

Last time I played my stamsorc I was using a bow for offense. Kill combo was something like Curse, crystal weapon LA, LA Ballista, barswap streak spin. I've never thought sorcs have very good ultimates for small scale pvp... Always looked for something else.

Alright I'm done getting off topic now.
    Answer ✓
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal preference is to use glyphs for 2 handed weapons and poisons for one handed where the glyphs aren't as strong.

Immobilization poisons do work in pvp, though if someone has high uptime on snare immunity (race against time or snow treaders for example,) you might feel like it doesn't work sometimes.

Ambush will not trigger your poison or your glyph. Poisons and glyphs have a 20% chance to apply on light/heavy attacks and weapon abilities.

Glyphs (probably poisons too but I'm not honestly sure,) can proc even if you're on your other bar. So I suggest you do something like this, depending on what weapons you use:
    Infused weapon damage glyph on backbar bow. Use poison injection, the dot will continue to refresh the glyph even after you barswap.

Dual wield front bar. Immobilize poisons.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what I mightve gotten a little detail wrong. Poisons apply 20% of the time I think glyphs are guaranteed but have a cool down. Either way, I hope that was helpful.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    My personal preference is to use glyphs for 2 handed weapons and poisons for one handed where the glyphs aren't as strong.

Immobilization poisons do work in pvp, though if someone has high uptime on snare immunity (race against time or snow treaders for example,) you might feel like it doesn't work sometimes.

Ambush will not trigger your poison or your glyph. Poisons and glyphs have a 20% chance to apply on light/heavy attacks and weapon abilities.

Glyphs (probably poisons too but I'm not honestly sure,) can proc even if you're on your other bar. So I suggest you do something like this, depending on what weapons you use:
    Infused weapon damage glyph on backbar bow. Use poison injection, the dot will continue to refresh the glyph even after you barswap.

I was inquiring in regards to my stam NB.
    She uses 2hander front bar and bow back bar.

I didn't know that info about poison injection and weapon dmg glyphs.
    But I use powered trait it increase healing since my healing is on the back bar.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on January 8, 2023 1:46AM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One correction. Single target weapon DoTs like poison injection do not proc enchantments after swapping bars. They did for a period of time in the past but it was changed.

Also using glyphs in one handed weapons is still very beneficial when it comes to PvP since they have highest chance to apply status effects and some of the effects are usefull in PvP. Examples can be sundered status effect from absorb stamina glyph which applies minor fracture or shock glyph which applies minor vulnerability. Using glyphs in dual wield is very common practice these days in PvP. Running nirn+charged with absorb stamina+shock/flame/poison/disease glyph works really well for certain setups.
    Edited by axi on January 8, 2023 4:05AM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    either poison or glyph apply on hit with cooldown, not by chance.
    from backbar only the aoe dot spell works from each weapon to trigger backbar glyph on frontbar, for bow it's volley so not in pvp. Also I don't know if and i dont think that poisons can be procced from backbar, just glyphs.

root poison works in pvp but it's effective only sometimes since all good players have movement under control.
    depending on ur build u better use cost or drain poisons, or glyphs

Posions are applied with 20% chance. It's even written in every poison descritpion so good job on missing that. They can be procced from back with the same abilities that proc glyphs.

Specific root poisons can be pretty decent in PvP. Main example is a posion that applies root to enemy and immovability to user for 4,4 sec.
    Edited by axi on January 8, 2023 2:54PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »

One correction. Single target weapon DoTs like poison injection do not proc enchantments after swapping bars. They did for a period of time in the past but it was changed.

Also using glyphs in one handed weapons is still very beneficial when it comes to PvP since they have highest chance to apply status effects and some of the effects are usefull in PvP. Examples can be sundered status effect from absorb stamina glyph which applies minor fracture or shock glyph which applies minor vulnerability. Using glyphs in dual wield is very common practice these days in PvP. Running nirn+charged with absorb stamina+shock/flame/poison/disease glyph works really well for certain setups.

When dual wielding do both enchantments mainhand and off hand proc at the same time?

And what's better, Befouled weapon enchant or oblivion damage?

And I noticed that there's a glyph that creates a damage shield for 5 seconds.
    My stam sorc has a Sword and board backbar. Will endless fury on the back bar proc that shield enchantment?
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on January 8, 2023 6:45PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shield glyph isn't very good... Remember it's cut in half from battlespirit. Now if you're trying to make a shield build with hexos ward and iceheart or something then it might be worthwhile but alone it isn't worth much.

Also, no, glyphs will only proc from light/heavy attacks and weapon abilities.

No both enchantments don't proc at the same time with dual wield. They can, but don't necessarily. Now if you wind up a medium/heavy attack into a rending slashes you'll probably proc both, sure.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your set up I think I'd use the immobilize/immovable poison on my sword n shield, coupled with streak for mobility/survival, then on the front bar I'd have poison and fire glyphs which do immediate damage when they apply status effects and also apply dots. As I said, rending slashes is a good way to keep them proccing, even if your actual kill combo is more like curse/dawnbreaker/fury (which you're probably using spin to win, but I'm just making a point.)
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your set up I think I'd use the immobilize/immovable poison on my sword n shield, coupled with streak for mobility/survival, then on the front bar I'd have poison and fire glyphs which do immediate damage when they apply status effects and also apply dots. As I said, rending slashes is a good way to keep them proccing, even if your actual kill combo is more like curse/dawnbreaker/fury (which you're probably using spin to win, but I'm just making a point.)

The immobilize poison I was going to use on my stam NB. She's 2hander/bow.
    I played her in Battlegrounds recently and I was having a hard time keeping people still enough to finish a killing combo.
    I can use Ambush to close the gap, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to move before my incap or surprise attack hits them. After that I spam poison injection if they're running away from.

I'm updating multiple characters right now.
    I haven't tested my stam sorc in PvP yet.
    But boy is she fun for overland and public dungeons.
    She was my first character way back when. She was an Altmer mag sorc and has been sitting idle as a crafter for years, now she's an Altmer stam sorc.
    Because of the hybridization she can use a few mag skills like curse and endless fury.

I keep streak on my DW front bar.
    My SnB back bar has dark deal, hurricane, crit surge, Vigor and endless fury and Spell Wall.
    On front bar its Shrouded daggers, Whirling blades, quick cloak, streak and curse, Dawn Breaker.
    shrouded daggers, curse and endless fury all proc the melee supremacy from Diamond's Victory set.

I find endless fury so satisfying. Especially when wearing bloodthirsty traits.
    It's my fun factor skill, I won't go without it.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on January 8, 2023 8:31PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh sorry for the confusion.

If you don't mind me commenting on your stamsorc a bit... I understand that streak feels like an awesome gap closer and awesome skill in general, but in my experience streak just gives them free CC immunity and then you have to turn around to hit your Dawny... Which it hits, but doesn't stun, and the opponent is already blockhealing or just plain gone when you try to spin.

If you can make it work, I've always found using streak more defensively for the multiple person stun and escape is the way to go and using Dawny for the killing (hopefully,) stun.

That being said... If you were perhaps to change dawnbreaker for ice comet I could see your side a lot better.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice comet, curse, endless fury, streak, spin. Can you imagine?
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh sorry for the confusion.

If you don't mind me commenting on your stamsorc a bit... I understand that streak feels like an awesome gap closer and awesome skill in general, but in my experience streak just gives them free CC immunity and then you have to turn around to hit your Dawny... Which it hits, but doesn't stun, and the opponent is already blockhealing or just plain gone when you try to spin.

If you can make it work, I've always found using streak more defensively for the multiple person stun and escape is the way to go and using Dawny for the killing (hopefully,) stun.

That being said... If you were perhaps to change dawnbreaker for ice comet I could see your side a lot better.

Oh I have streak on front bar so I could have endless fury on back bar. I was thinking it would be easier to proc the enchant on back bar with endless fury. But if endless fury can't proc it anyway, then I could switch the bars streak and endless fury are on.

Even though I have 9 characters, I have never completed the Mages skill line on any of them. Same with undaunted skill line.
    So I've never tried comet.
    There's no add ons on Console, so it's a royal pain in the ass to max Mages guild skill line. I wish I had it on my magblade though.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »

When dual wielding do both enchantments mainhand and off hand proc at the same time?

And what's better, Befouled weapon enchant or oblivion damage?

And I noticed that there's a glyph that creates a damage shield for 5 seconds.
    My stam sorc has a Sword and board backbar. Will endless fury on the back bar proc that shield enchantment?

No enchantments in dual wield do not proc at the same time. Each action like light/heavy attack and weapon ability can proc 1 enchant for 1 cast. Same goes for damage over time abilities. One tick procs one enchant.

In PvP for a dual wield befouled enchant is better than oblivion dmg since disease dmg can proc minor defile which reduces target healing recived . Oblivion dmg enchant is only usefull in two handed weapons and most preferably with infused trait since dmg is all it can provide, it doesnt have a status effect.

No endless fury wont proc any enchant. Only light/heavy attacks and weapon abilities can do that. Also shield enchantments is pretty useless in PvP. Base shield is already small and it gets reduced even more in while in PvP mode.