The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

More slots for smaller homes

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I ask this every year.... I get it that the limit is 700, it's like the speed of light! But it still doesn't answer why we can't buy additional slots in smaller homes.
ZOS, you say you listen to our feedback. How many times, how many posts on new house PTS feedback threads say "we want smaller homes" so why not allow us buy extra slots for smaller homes?
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    Something else too....

700 (350) is not the max number of furnishings. Its more like 800 (400) when you include all of the collectible, special collectible, special categories, etc....

Instead of defining how we use those categories, why not make the limit 800, and put the hard cap on each of those categories. For example, you "can have no more than 10 special collectibles" but if you don't use all 10, say you only use 4, you can use the remaining 6 as traditional furnishings.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    w002exp wrote: »
    Something else too....

700 (350) is not the max number of furnishings. Its more like 800 (400) when you include all of the collectible, special collectible, special categories, etc....

Instead of defining how we use those categories, why not make the limit 800, and put the hard cap on each of those categories. For example, you "can have no more than 10 special collectibles" but if you don't use all 10, say you only use 4, you can use the remaining 6 as traditional furnishings.

Yes, I would love to be able to use the slots reserved for Undaunted trophies as regular slots to increase my total number of furnishings, since I don’t place trophies or busts.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something else too....

Yes, I would love to be able to use the slots reserved for Undaunted trophies as regular slots to increase my total number of furnishings, since I don’t place trophies or busts.

God, yes. I only ever use about ten of those slots. A few of the trial/solo arena busts if I've included a vault in the house, a few ESO+ paintings and statuettes (they're good space fillers when traditional furnishing slots get tight), and maybe the trophy of Balorgh or Thurvokuhn because they actually look like something you'd find mounted on the wall in Tamriel. I've visited a lot of houses and I don't think ever seen someone use all the busts and trophies, only ever a select few.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump the Item Count on Small and Medium Houses. The limit is mostly arbitrary anyway.

Then, make Interiors and or sections of the larger homes instanced with their own independent limits. I am sure most are willing to put up with a loading screen to get that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something else too....

God, yes. I only ever use about ten of those slots. A few of the trial/solo arena busts if I've included a vault in the house, a few ESO+ paintings and statuettes (they're good space fillers when traditional furnishing slots get tight), and maybe the trophy of Balorgh or Thurvokuhn because they actually look like something you'd find mounted on the wall in Tamriel. I've visited a lot of houses and I don't think ever seen someone use all the busts and trophies, only ever a select few.

I think I remember reading that the busts were the worst offenders with the multiple facets on them, they aren’t simple rectangles or such. Ditch those and maybe get many times more regular slots instead would be awesome.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA