The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Death of a campaign

Dirt_Rooster
Dirt_Rooster
✭✭✭
xa8jc40rab32.jpg

So is the community enjoying the no-proc campaign? I wonder what would happen to Ravenwatch if they let us "play how we want".
Edited by Dirt_Rooster on January 7, 2023 2:13AM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss old nocp Ravenwatch so much
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • xMauiWaui
    xMauiWaui
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xa8jc40rab32.jpg

So is the community enjoying the no-proc campaign? I wonder what would happen to Ravenwatch if they let us "play how we want".

Nobody in the Community wanted a No Proc No Cp Campain. The Community only enjoyed on the "no Proc" Test, the Situation to play 1 Time the "Old Scool PVP". Nobody talks about to need a no Proc no CP Campain. Im sure Mostly People wanna have back the No Cp Campain or a Cp No Proc Campain.

BUT Zos thinked they can do a campain with no proc and all Vet Player come back and gonna Play this. But again, nobody in Communty talks about this Campain.

Zos include a Campain and never talks about which sets works there. After 1?2? Year we have another and again a CONSTRUCTION SITE.

( Need to say here, moslty of my friends talk since years to zos we wanna have "Proc" but not like as they do with free dmg and free heal proc, seems zos dont understand what Community need in Pvp cause they dont invest ressource)

Il think Zos gonna do what they do since Eso PVP exist. Say nothing and wait until they wanna invest a little bit ressource to do someting again, community never asked for it^^
    Edited by xMauiWaui on January 7, 2023 9:36AM
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember asking Rich Lambert about removing no proc from no CP Cyrodiil ages ago and we response was like "no, we want to give players choices" by choices meaning less places to play PvP. You can barely PvP with your friends anymore unless you hit up the incredibly laggy CP cyrodiil campaign. As I've stated before Imperial City is a ghost town and Battlegroup queue timers are extremely lengthy if you play with 3 or more. People want old Ravenwatch back.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravenwatch was dead on my platform long before the no proc thing. I don't think the actual change did anything super harmful... Though the fact that their system for what is or isn't a proc seems flawed and their attempts to make a list of what works for us is non-existent. The implementation is much worse than the actual idea.

I don't think there's a shortage of people who think procs are cheesey. And the way things are now you have a choice between playing CP+proc (other campaigns,) nocp+proc (bgs,) or no proc no cp. I think having those choices available is... At least worth talking about.

What they really need to do I think is double down on their decision. Finish it.

But the sad truth from my perspective is people would rather deal with constant lag and dark convergences than play anywhere else. And I don't know what can be done about that. Incentives are already in place... 3/4 of the problems people talk about don't exist in RW. Very few if any ballgroups, very little if any lag, people actually die, no DC, no VD, no plaguebreak.

Honestly if they're going to revert the change they might as well just make it CP as well. THAT is what people seem to want... Bull crap and all... And it might actually spread the populations out a little.
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Ravenwatch was dead on my platform long before the no proc thing. I don't think the actual change did anything super harmful... Though the fact that their system for what is or isn't a proc seems flawed and their attempts to make a list of what works for us is non-existent. The implementation is much worse than the actual idea.

I don't think there's a shortage of people who think procs are cheesey. And the way things are now you have a choice between playing CP+proc (other campaigns,) nocp+proc (bgs,) or no proc no cp. I think having those choices available is... At least worth talking about.

What they really need to do I think is double down on their decision. Finish it.

But the sad truth from my perspective is people would rather deal with constant lag and dark convergences than play anywhere else. And I don't know what can be done about that. Incentives are already in place... 3/4 of the problems people talk about don't exist in RW. Very few if any ballgroups, very little if any lag, people actually die, no DC, no VD, no plaguebreak.

Honestly if they're going to revert the change they might as well just make it CP as well. THAT is what people seem to want... Bull crap and all... And it might actually spread the populations out a little.

On PC NA we were commonly pop locked on weekends, the same time the pictures were snagged. Ever since the changes were made permanent in update 31, population has consistently declined.
    It's completely silly that they went through with this change while also completely ignoring us. Like you said, no official list was ever updated to be correct, and no list was ever added in-game. It was left to us to spend time to figure out what even works in ravenwatch.
    What has always bothered me is the fact that they never even gave us a chance to see what would have happened after the proc set nerf. I remember them making the no-procs permanent in the same patch that nerfed procs to be much less useful.
    I do agree that having more options is good, and having a no-proc campaign is still something worth considering... Many people definitely seem to enjoy the idea of it at least. But I do not agree with the idea of putting restrictions on a previously healthy campaign and killing it for the sake of giving a minority of players more options and relief from an extremely small list of sets. The option doesn't even exist anymore, due to a non-existent population.
    For me, ravenwatch was the only place I felt like I really enjoyed the game. BGs are not enjoyable when I'm forced to play objective modes, CP is not enjoyable because no one ever dies, imperial city is consistently dead. What about people like me who had their choice of pvp taken away? I really miss the old no-cp where you actually had to give something up in your build, no free lunches. No building a 30k+ health tank while having infinite resources and great damage. I really want to go back to how it used to be. I would play a lot more instead of a month out of the year.
    Edited by Dirt_Rooster on January 7, 2023 4:44PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't judge the game based solely on your platform. The above appears to be a screenshot from PC NA. I was there last night. Yes, that's how it looked. On PC EU, on the other hand, the two campaigns that regularly fill up are Gray Host and Ravenwatch. It's Blackreach that languishes on PC EU.

Also CP Imperial City, though rarely above 1 bar, feels quite populated on PC EU, probably more so than NA (haven't played in the latter at NA prime time though).

A further thing I've noticed is that the competition on PC NA Gray Host and PC EU Ravenwatch feels soft relative to what I'm used to. I mostly play in PC EU CP IC, sometimes PC EU Gray Host before the lag sets in. You got to take this with a pinch of salt, because I don't PvP often anymore, but I see quite a few low CP players in PC EU Ravenwatch, e.g. in the 200 to 600 range, who make obvious mistakes such as not healing quickly enough. That campaign may have become the haven for beginning players on PC EU, which would make sense when you think about it. I am thus not convinced PC EU Ravenwatch is exclusively the place for veterans who don't like procs. Veterans who like shooting fish in a barrel more like :).

On a more serious note, I don't think Ravenwatch is quite the place anyone wanted. It arguably fell victim to ZOS' lack of follow through. They created a very restrictive list of no proc armor sets, based on technical limitations. They claimed they were working on the game engine, so they could revise the list later, allowing more sets. They never really did.

That said, the truth may be a whole lot simpler. There are only that many players who want to PvP open world, or who want to PvP under the laggy conditions on PC EU. You'd think they would spread out evenly between Gray Host and Blackreach on PC EU, but they don't. You gotta go where the action is. When the player pool is limited and the map so big, that's really the only thing that matters. Somewhere in the annals of time, players randomly gravitated towards Gray Host and Ravenwatch on PC EU, but Gray Host and Blackreach on PC NA. Once that happened, people stuck to those campaigns, because their friends were playing in them. It could be as simple as that.

There's another factor that may make you stick to a campaign. You either build for CP or no CP and for no CP with procs (BGs) or no CP without procs (Ravenwatch). Who's got the time and resources to cover all the bases? Not everyone.

Finally I've noticed, while playing on PC NA Gray Host this week, that zone chat is alive with players talking about campaign objectives. It's a constant stream of updates. Very palpable compared to EU, where zone chat is kind of dead. This might explain my perception of softer competition on PC NA. EU may be full of tryhards that don't give a crap about the campaign :). Perhaps lag on PC EU is seriously hampering gameplay. Big battles happen less, because those are the most lag-inducing, thus leaving a population of small-scalers. It's still laggy, though, so I don't know that this theory holds up.

Despite what I have said in older posts about transatlantic lag, by the way, I have found fully-populated PC NA Gray Host far less laggy than PC EU Gray Host this week, and I was in some big battles. Perhaps the player cap is even slightly higher on NA too. Perhaps the relative absence of lag is leading to healthier gameplay. I don't know. As an EU player, I'm waiting for the new servers before drawing any conclusions.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    You can't judge the game based solely on your platform. The above appears to be a screenshot from PC NA. I was there last night. Yes, that's how it looked. On PC EU, on the other hand, the two campaigns that regularly fill up are Gray Host and Ravenwatch. It's Blackreach that languishes on PC EU.

Also CP Imperial City, though rarely above 1 bar, feels quite populated on PC EU, probably more so than NA (haven't played in the latter at NA prime time though).

A further thing I've noticed is that the competition on PC NA Gray Host and PC EU Ravenwatch feels soft relative to what I'm used to. I mostly play in PC EU CP IC, sometimes PC EU Gray Host before the lag sets in. You got to take this with a pinch of salt, because I don't PvP often anymore, but I see quite a few low CP players in PC EU Ravenwatch, e.g. in the 200 to 600 range, who make obvious mistakes such as not healing quickly enough. That campaign may have become the haven for beginning players on PC EU, which would make sense when you think about it. I am thus not convinced PC EU Ravenwatch is exclusively the place for veterans who don't like procs. Veterans who like shooting fish in a barrel more like :).

On a more serious note, I don't think Ravenwatch is quite the place anyone wanted. It arguably fell victim to ZOS' lack of follow through. They created a very restrictive list of no proc armor sets, based on technical limitations. They claimed they were working on the game engine, so they could revise the list later, allowing more sets. They never really did.

That said, the truth may be a whole lot simpler. There are only that many players who want to PvP open world, or who want to PvP under the laggy conditions on PC EU. You'd think they would spread out evenly between Gray Host and Blackreach on PC EU, but they don't. You gotta go where the action is. When the player pool is limited and the map so big, that's really the only thing that matters. Somewhere in the annals of time, players randomly gravitated towards Gray Host and Ravenwatch on PC EU, but Gray Host and Blackreach on PC NA. Once that happened, people stuck to those campaigns, because their friends were playing in them. It could be as simple as that.

There's another factor that may make you stick to a campaign. You either build for CP or no CP and for no CP with procs (BGs) or no CP without procs (Ravenwatch). Who's got the time and resources to cover all the bases? Not everyone.

Finally I've noticed, while playing on PC NA Gray Host this week, that zone chat is alive with players talking about campaign objectives. It's a constant stream of updates. Very palpable compared to EU, where zone chat is kind of dead. This might explain my perception of softer competition on PC NA. EU may be full of tryhards that don't give a crap about the campaign :). Perhaps lag on PC EU is seriously hampering gameplay. Big battles happen less, because those are the most lag-inducing, thus leaving a population of small-scalers. It's still laggy, though, so I don't know that this theory holds up.

Despite what I have said in older posts about transatlantic lag, by the way, I have found fully-populated PC NA Gray Host far less laggy than PC EU Gray Host this week, and I was in some big battles. Perhaps the player cap is even slightly higher on NA too. Perhaps the relative absence of lag is leading to healthier gameplay. I don't know. As an EU player, I'm waiting for the new servers before drawing any conclusions.

Nah Ravenwatch is a literal ghost town 99% of the time, there's like maybe a hour or so on certain days where you see some population sure but outside those hours it's mostly empty. Most of the people who played their regularly prior to no proc have either resorted to playing in BGs or straight up quit the game. It's the same with noCP Imperial City which is even more desolate.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is because of the "vague" ruleset regarding what sets are working or not.

I think that if ZOS would allow "non-burst" proc sets to work in Ravenwatch - then it would be the Primary Campaign.

Note:
    By "non-burst" I mean that if a set deals DOT damage or has HOT it would work. But as soon as it has an non DOT/HOT aspect (upfront damage or healing) it would not work.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 7, 2023 7:16PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah Ravenwatch is a literal ghost town 99% of the time, there's like maybe a hour or so on certain days where you see some population sure but outside those hours it's mostly empty. Most of the people who played their regularly prior to no proc have either resorted to playing in BGs or straight up quit the game. It's the same with noCP Imperial City which is even more desolate.
    So you are a PC EU player? I agree that PC EU Ravenwatch doesn't have the population of Gray Host, but it does fill up from time to time, or sits at 3 bars, whereas Blackreach remains dead almost all the time. Clearly this is different from PC NA. You'd never get the above screenshot on PC EU. If those two campaigns were full on PC EU, Ravenwatch would also be full. Ravenwatch fills up before Blackreach.

As to no CP IC, I never understood the point of that campaign. You want to solo bosses when you have a chance. It's a pain without CP. Even if you were to treat IC as a just another place to PvP, you'd have to acknowledge it's population may be dominated by players who like the place for it is. A small population. Yes, it sucks you haven't a viable open world place to go to for your preferred PvP mode.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭

A further thing I've noticed is that the competition on PC NA Gray Host and PC EU Ravenwatch feels soft relative to what I'm used to. I mostly play in PC EU CP IC, sometimes PC EU Gray Host before the lag sets in. You got to take this with a pinch of salt, because I don't PvP often anymore, but I see quite a few low CP players in

^This 100%

Ravenswatch is dead now even at weekends, the only time it gets remotely busy is at around 7pm gmt when the ball groups login and ruin any fun that people might have been having.

I haven't played for 2 weeks or so now because its mind numbingly boring, it's either AD vs purple or the same old die hard tower monkeys.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »
    ^This 100%

Ravenswatch is dead now even at weekends, the only time it gets remotely busy is at around 7pm gmt when the ball groups login and ruin any fun that people might have been having.

I haven't played for 2 weeks or so now because its mind numbingly boring, it's either AD vs purple or the same old die hard tower monkeys.
    May I ask what platform you are on also?
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »
    ^This 100%

May I ask what platform you are on also?

i'm on pc and play EU server, not sure what happened with my previous quote :/ maybe was because i was on mobile last night.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friday evenings EU/Ravenwatch is when I'm there and it's ok ish from about 6-8pm UK time then it beging to get filled ith yello and red and turn into a lagfest. Still better that EU/Grayhost at that time though.

There's anothe thread going where some saint it trying to keep a running list of sets that work in Ravenwatch but again THAT IS ZOS job not ours, and we continue to allow them to ignore it
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play in bgs, cp ic, small scale br and occasionally large raid br, and rw/no cp ic both in a raid and solo. I appreciate each for what they are.
    What I will say is if procs were let back into rw you'd have half the people trolling in mara's balm and earthgores and other stuff like in br/gh (vs the pariah/aetherial ascension that you see in rw).
    I will also say that about 75 percent of the rw people I know prefer the no proc ruleset of rw. What I dislike most is the amount of tankyness cp adds to things.

What zos should really do is conduct an in game survey of anyone who enters rw. Just 1-3 quick questions the first time they enter.
    That way some data could be gathered and an appropriate direction could be taken moving forwards.
    Sadly, I doubt zos would do this as they have still failed to supply a working gear list...years into the no proc ruleset.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how about to :
    - close -50 (useless and dead for many years now, 15players playing many chars in all 3 factions...)
    - close Ravenwatch
    - open No proc with CP

?

The original idea with "NOCP" has no point today :
    Honnestly RW is harder, today, than it was before. Only people with 1k CP are playing here (and it's more like 1500+ CP) and it's only veterans, a new player cant do anything here it's better for him to go to greyhost that's also why I think it's dead.

even if CP are off, it gives an idea about a player if he started yesterday or playing for years. And RW is full of old players.

btw i'm a old dude of Ravenwatch and i got many emps and fun here so I used to like this campaign.
    Edited by Xarc on January 9, 2023 11:06AM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    The game is balanced around CP and nobody ask about no-CP no-procs. Also there still no clear notes about what sets works or don't on Raven
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AndreNoir wrote: »
    The game is balanced around CP and nobody ask about no-CP no-procs. Also there still no clear notes about what sets works or don't on Raven

where did you get this info? you really think the campaign would be balanced around the cp? then why are there BGs exclusively without CP?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »

where did you get this info? you really think the campaign would be balanced around the cp? then why are there BGs exclusively without CP?

Devs spend time balancing out the CP star buffs all the time, and the reason battlegrounds has no-cp is honestly pretty silly as it doesn't fix what they're trying to do. It doesn't feel balanced to me, and time to kill there is very short.

Maybe that's the point, but in the higher skilled matches whoever has the most streamlined meta build, and/or the cheesiest build, wins. The capture the relic game mode and chaos ball are good examples of where certains things players can do greatly highlights just have unbalanced certain set combos can be.

Honestly if they want BGs balanced they should take a playbook out of GW2 and use standardized gear for the BG matches. No-CP isn't doing it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cp makes fights last way way way longer
    You get absurd levels of damage mitigation, healing, and damage from cp
    When they tried bgs with cp nobody died (which also happens in premade high mmr matches, but that is a consequence of cross healing and healers being extremely strong)
    So they went back to no cp for bgs and things improved a lot

Edit: also @Dirt_Rooster , the "play how you want" thing refers to weapon + armor weight choices, not using procs or no procs, so your opening argument is fallacious in that regard. But please see my first point if you wish to read what my thoughts were on this matter in general
    Edited by gariondavey on January 9, 2023 3:45PM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    Cp makes fights last way way way longer
    You get absurd levels of damage mitigation, healing, and damage from cp
    When they tried bgs with cp nobody died (which also happens in premade high mmr matches, but that is a consequence of cross healing and healers being extremely strong)
    So they went back to no cp for bgs and things improved a lot

Edit: also @Dirt_Rooster , the "play how you want" thing refers to weapon + armor weight choices, not using procs or no procs, so your opening argument is fallacious in that regard. But please see my first point if you wish to read what my thoughts were on this matter in general

I don't think your points are very fair. You say that 75% of people you know prefer the no-proc format, so where are they? Ravenwatch consists of a couple people running around during primetime. The pvp is non-existent. It is barely more populated than the sub-50 campaign. I don't really understand the argument that bringing procs back would just bring in people trolling with mara's balm and other stuff like it. There's no pvp right now to begin with, how would anything not be an improvement? Mara's balm, earthgore, literally any set in the game is not going to have a big impact in no-cp. People actually die there. A set is not going to make you invincible like in CP. You want to build a tank? You're giving up a ton of damage and recovery.
    And I do associate "playing how you want" with these restrictions. The main reason that people, especially low-cp and new players, do not want to be here... is because they either can't play the build they want to, or they don't feel like researching hours on end for what actually even works.
    So many people here on the forums think that no-proc is such a good idea, that it makes for such a better form of pvp. WHERE ARE YOU THEN? Why do I not see more than 10 players online in this campaign during primetime on a saturday night? Why are you not playing the campaign if it is such a good idea?
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox NA I played in Ravenwatch for, I dunno, about 5 years. Before and after the change. I agree with @gariondavey that most people there enjoy the lack of procs. And while the campaign is woefully under-populated, there is enough people there to matter. And as Garion says they are almost exclusively good veteran players. When I want to X I go to Blackreach.

Realizing that things vary from platform to platform... During primetime on a weekend... I would estimate there's about 100 players.

I often do wonder why more people don't come there since everybody is constantly complaining about dark convergences and lag... But that's not for me to answer. I'd just be guessing. It doesn't seem like it would be the lack of procs, considering all the complaining, but I'm sure the lack of clarity on the matter is one big reason.
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    The reason most people in no-proc enjoy the no-procs... Is because they're the only ones left. Everyone else on my platform went to black reach. The vast majority of the population, entire guilds, everyone I used to know moved to another campaign.
    Theres only going to be vets in ravenwatch because it's not a place for new players. Despite offering an even playing ground where you're not fighting people with 1,000 CP on top of you, they don't go there. They go where the build they looked up on YouTube actually works. They go where they are not forced to theorycraft, research, and test their own builds to be mildly successful.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our guild enjoyed no proc quite a bit, but the populations at the time we played (PC/NA Primetime) were radically shifted towards one faction. 75% of our fights we were outnumbered by at least 3 to 1, which is not bad when you have the tools to fight outnumbered, but that is one thing that the no proc campaign lacked.

As guilds started leaving the campaign from the two underpopulated factions, it just got worse and worse. We were starting to hemorrhage active players from our guild and we finally moved to blackreach where most of the rest went. The few remaining DC/EP guilds either followed or folded.

Oddly enough the death knell for the campaign was sounded during mid year mayhem of all times.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »

The whole game designed around CP and BG's are a bit exception because you don't need much sustain there but even there you still can run sets that mimic some strong CP stars like Dauntless Combatant
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GH = Locked Proc and CP campaign
    BR = Unlocked Proc and CP campaign
    RW = Unlocked No Proc and No CP campaign

What is missing are two additional campaigns with the following.
    Unlocked Proc and No CP
    Unlocked No Proc and CP

IMO I think each campaign should be locked. This way if I lock GH with my AD guys I can still go into BR and run a DC character or go into RW and run a EP character. Each campaign IMO should be locked. This way, things are a bit more balanced and fair because right now you can easily gain some major AP in BR and RW by grouping up taking the map, swap to another character on another alliance and rinse/repeat that process to get high amounts of AP. By locking players are less incline to jump alliance within one campaign but allow friends to talk it out how they plan to play each campaign.

If the devs won't do that, than I recommend significantly reducing AP earned in none locked campaigns.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    players rage more about proc than cp
    IMO I think each campaign should be locked.
    If the devs won't do that, than I recommend significantly reducing AP earned in none locked campaigns.
    interesting
    Edited by Xarc on January 9, 2023 9:22PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    To give people some more metrics here to think about... The campaign in ravenwatch closes in 10 hours. After 30 days, there are only 36 people across the entire campaign who have scored more than 1 million AP. Compare that to Blackreach, where you need to have 2 million AP to even be within the top 100 players.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. RW needs players. And GH needs to lose some. So in the end I guess I'm in favor of whatever changes need to happen.

It doesn't bring me pleasure to say that though. It's the opposite of what I want. What I want is for ZOS to get off their lazy butts and make us a list of sets that work. Who cares how hard it is? It isn't only your JOB it was your IDEA. And I want the people that hate lag and broken sets to come try RW.

But neither is going to happen. So it is what it is.
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭

Christmas Day in Blackreach: a very festive Ebonheart poplocked faction stack spent about six hours rotating between peeling AD and DC gates. The 7 AD we counted retaking Bloodmayne and the handful of die hard DC that kept trying to keep their gates closed both had low population AP bonuses. So certainly, one can make AP in Blackreach.

Your definition of a healthy and balanced campaign may vary.

On Christmas.

xzpou36b13tf.png

P.S. Spoon won Cyrodiil for the 10th Campaign in a Row. So sorry, you can all log off now.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there'd be less annoyance if there was a functioning set list, but ZOS can't be arsed which is worrying, if I'm honest.

I preferred old Ravenwatch because cp are kinda useless untill you are over 800

Sadly I now drop my lowbies in blackreach and try not to get irritated.
    PCNA
    PCEU