The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Outfit station confusion - where is that lovely armor piece?

Windy_Player
Windy_Player
✭✭
So I'm confused about the outfit station. I'm not sure where I got all these armor pieces - but I have about 40 pieces of each slot of Breton 1,2,3,4, Dark Elf 1,2,3,4 etc etc.

I thought the whole thing to do was "Bind" every thing you pick, up in dungeons etc - BLUE for sure? Does Green Gear BIND? - so you can use them later in Outfits? Apparently I'm confused about that.

After a dungeon or two I picked up a very nice piece of Light Wood Elf robe that looks very nice. In the outfit station I can dye it. I've bound it of course and am wearing it. Level 17.
But when I look in the outfit station to use it as part of my outfit - so I can continue to wear it after I pick up that next better piece of gear that looks like trash -
I CANNOT FIND it. Am I missing some tab or something that shows me dungeon gear in the Outfit station?
I thought the point of the Outfit station was the same as Glamour or Transmog that I've seen in every other game so that nice stuff you find out there you can wear at any time?

Can we fix my confusion please.
Where is my lovely Wood Elf Light Speaker's Robe in the outfit station?

;( thanks for fixing this confused noob.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 6, 2023 6:46PM
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to learn stye motifs to unlock them in outfit station. By default you know only your race style (so if you create Khajiit character, it knows only khajiit style etc). Once you learn a style on any character, it gets available to your whole account in the outfit station. Here is a neat list of motifs: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Styles

Binding gear does not give you style knowledge - it impacts only your 'sticker book' (gear collections) and lets you reconstruct that gear later for some transmute crystals without the need to grind the gear again.
    Edited by perfiction on January 6, 2023 6:45PM
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    I found my speakers robe in the collection / set items list under the dungeons. BUt I don't see a way to access this list in the outfit station. I thought that was the whole point of the outfit station?
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    You need to learn stye motifs to unlock them in outfit station. By default you know only your race style (so if you create Khajiit character, it knows only khajiit style etc). Once you learn a style on any character, it gets available to your whole account in the outfit station. Here is a neat list of motifs: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Styles

Binding gear does not give you style knowledge - it impacts only your 'sticker book' (gear collections) and lets you reconstruct that gear later for some transmute crystals without the need to grind the gear again.

So, you are saying that picking up the gear is not enough. Unlike every other MMO out there that has Transmog and glamours, in this game not only do you have to pick up and BIND the gear, you have to CRAFT IT TOO before you can use the style?

Or did I miss something?
    thx
    Edited by Windy_Player on January 6, 2023 6:49PM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found my speakers robe in the collection / set items list under the dungeons. BUt I don't see a way to access this list in the outfit station. I thought that was the whole point of the outfit station?

As perfiction says you need to learn the motif. Just owning a piece of gear in that style doesnt put it in the outfit station. You can find motif pages and books out in the wild or buy them from guild traders

Soupy twist
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    Ok. I think I understand now. You don't have to "Craft" all the armor pieces in the style. You just have to find a book for the style.

Well I found another way too. Just create a character in that "Style" and you get 4-5 outfit ensembles in every armor weight for that style.

So to fix my problem, I created a Wood Elf toon on the account and Voia. I have the wood elf style opened up for the entire account. Of course that only works for the base "Race Styles" but that fixes my problem now. I was wondering why I had all these styles opened when I came back after a few years and now I think I know. I created a Breton / High Elf / Dark Elf toons on the account and somewhere along the way I found a Khajiit book apparently since I've not had a Khajiit toon.

Thanks for clarifying the 'Glamour" process in ESO.
    Confusion resolved, I think.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, you do NOT have to craft it, just 'USE' the purple motif in your inventory and then you will get a notification that you have learned the style. You can get motifs from many different activities in the game but mostly from 'dailies' and also from the guild vendors. Once you learn a style, you can equip it in the outfit station.

BINDING just fills out the collection in your 'stickerbook' which is under SETS and that means you can TRANSMUTE the piece of gear you want at a transmute station. Transmuting requires transmute crystals which you can get from various activities but mostly from doing 'random normal dungeons' in the 'group finder'. Transmuting is 'recreating' a piece of gear with the trait you want.
    Edited by SpiritKitten on January 6, 2023 7:47PM
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok. I think I understand now. You don't have to "Craft" all the armor pieces in the style. You just have to find a book for the style.

Well I found another way too. Just create a character in that "Style" and you get 4-5 outfit ensembles in every armor weight for that style.

So to fix my problem, I created a Wood Elf toon on the account and Voia. I have the wood elf style opened up for the entire account. Of course that only works for the base "Race Styles" but that fixes my problem now. I was wondering why I had all these styles opened when I came back after a few years and now I think I know. I created a Breton / High Elf / Dark Elf toons on the account and somewhere along the way I found a Khajiit book apparently since I've not had a Khajiit toon.

Thanks for clarifying the 'Glamour" process in ESO.
    Confusion resolved, I think.

You can get the blue style books for the races from the guild vendors for very cheap. You do not have to create characters in each race.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus there are a lot of style pages given out as event rewards etc. that can only be used at the outfit station, and never get used at the crafting tables. Because they are the least useful, they are gold, whereas the ones that work at both outfit and crafting stations are purple, or even blue.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this what you are looking for

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/light-speaker/

then you need the Wood Elf style pages. You can buy them from guild traders. Learn the style and then it will be available in the outfit station.

PS5/NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the vast majority of dropped gear comes in the style from a style motif (there are a few exceptions for motifs that are unobtainable or not available in the game yet, in which case you cant use them in outfit station at all)

so the example given, the light speaker set is just wood elf style, once you learn wood elf style then you can use that style in the outfit station (as there is plenty more stuff in wood elf style than just light speaker)

there are also things in the game called outfit pages, which are for unique styles that gear does not drop in (most of these are from events), once you learn the page you can use it at the outfit station

set gear collection and style collection are 2 different types of collection lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    I see part of my confusion. When you create a toon with a race, you get a some styles / motifs whatever they are called for that race, but you can use those on any race of course. So I got some styles I like by creating a wood elf character. I'm beginning to understand motif's and I found one in a hut in blackwood. So getting there. Thanks all for the pointers.