Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Drink/eat + sit in chair emote

The_Conjurer
The_Conjurer
✭✭✭
It would be neat to see a "sit in chair while drinking or eating" emote. I feel like RPers would love this. It would vertainly trick me into thinking they were NPCs lol
"Jyggalag's forces are gathering in the Fringe...And I HATE IT when people gather forces in my Fringes!" - Sheogorath
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be neat to see a "sit in chair while drinking or eating" emote. I feel like RPers would love this. It would vertainly trick me into thinking they were NPCs lol

I like that idea very much. Or lay down in a bed and sleep. We can click on a chair, and choose sit down. Don´t work for beds.
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love that for my npc houseguest. That would make housing way more lifelike. You can recreate the feeling of being in skyrim in a tavern at night haha
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been an annoyance to us for a long time. There's little point in sitting down because all you can do when sitting down on a chair or such is just...sit there, with the constant scratching and looking around idle animation. Why can't we drink, eat, read, write etc like npcs.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is something we should be able to do. ZOS seems reluctant to do stuff like that, though. I would imagine the animations get complicated, and we know they had an issue a few years back with animation space on older consoles.

You might try standing while you eat in real life. Then, when you have to do it in the game it won't seem so unusual! :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I totally agree... I would love for my character to be able to pretend to eat and drink while seated at a table, and to sleep on beds. We have all the great housing, but it lacks the feeling of being lived in, because the amount of actions you can do in homes is very limited. We're either just standing up straight or seated while doing nothing.
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    i cannot agree with this enough. i came from WoW, where you could sit in ANY chair, and then also pull out a drink, and drink WHILE sitting, or even /laugh emote while sitting, or /nod, or /no... point is, you could do a lot of emotes WHILE sitting. It was great.

To come here and find you can't even laugh while sitting was disappointing. This game has so many beautiful and well done emotes, yet you can't use them in logical ways together.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow