Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RANK POINT SYSTEM CLARITY!!!!!!!

• Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    No. Just no. This would simply benefit those who can play ToT all day long, relatively speaking. This is what the Emp and BG leaderboards are- more a recognition of time played than skill applied.

Look, I don't like the zero point phenomenon. Like @Rooatouille above, a bare minimum points gained for a win needs to be implemented. The 150 point loss setup is fine. There needs to be some risk factor in this system.

Implement a minimum point gain is necessary. But more importantly, ZoS needs to open up ToT to everyone. If you follow the number of qualified ranked players per season, and I do to an extent, it is trending downward. We had ~1400 qualified about 4 seasons ago. Then down to around ~1200 and, if memory serves, below that last season. We are close to seeing less than 1k qualified ranked players in a season and that's going to become a problem. Obviously, the rank system appears to have set some off the game but keeping the potential player pool tightly restricted atm isn't helping anything either.
    This is why it should just be based on how many wins and how many losses. A skilled player is going to win more and will continue to advance up in rank and a less skilled player won't. There will always be some RNG involved but in general this makes way more sense.

They could still apply points for each to make keeping score easier, but it should be the same amount each time. 100 gained for a win, 100 lost for a loss.

so if I want to play ranked eso TOT all day long should I not get rewarded for the time Ive invested in it? OPthers who spend their time differently get their rewards out of whatever they are doing. So why not me when i would choose to play ToT?
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    WitchyKiki wrote: »
    All I know is I was #50 on the ranking system, conceded one match and I got knocked down to 122. I'd rather play unranked, although I don't care much for the ranking system, its still annoying.

I was #12 yesterday. It took dozens and dozens of consecutive victories (winning 0 to 20 points) to reach that place. Just in 2 losses got 300 points stolen from my score and dropped below #100. It's so pathetic! :smiley:

You need to keep in mind that its not the rank that gets to me because you can have 50 ppl really close in rank and one game match where you lose 60 points can cost you 50 ranks in this case.

Its the situation that you win 0 points when you win or if you are lucky 12 points. and lost 150 lose. its the 0 there and huge difference in what you can win depending on your rank what should be changed IMO.

I haven't played anymore. We still haven't received a reaction from the devs on this and it truly disappoints me with all do respect for what they have done to give us an awesome game here.

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunatearz wrote: »
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    WitchyKiki wrote: »
    All I know is I was #50 on the ranking system, conceded one match and I got knocked down to 122. I'd rather play unranked, although I don't care much for the ranking system, its still annoying.

I was #12 yesterday. It took dozens and dozens of consecutive victories (winning 0 to 20 points) to reach that place. Just in 2 losses got 300 points stolen from my score and dropped below #100. It's so pathetic! :smiley:

You need to keep in mind that its not the rank that gets to me because you can have 50 ppl really close in rank and one game match where you lose 60 points can cost you 50 ranks in this case.

Its the situation that you win 0 points when you win or if you are lucky 12 points. and lost 150 lose. its the 0 there and huge difference in what you can win depending on your rank what should be changed IMO.

I haven't played anymore. We still haven't received a reaction from the devs on this and it truly disappoints me with all do respect for what they have done to give us an awesome game here.

A new season started 5 days ago, yesterday I played one match and lost 150 points, today I played two matches, I won both and got a total of 0 points. Like said before, if this isn't bugged, then it's the absolutely worst rank system ever seen in a game.

We never even got any justification for those constant 0 points. I'm not even close to top 10% yet but I'm already being cheated by this incompetent rank system. It's always the same.