The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

More nerfs to furnishing plan drops?

BretonMage
BretonMage
✭✭✭✭✭
Have there been more nerfs to the drop rates of furnishing plans? They were severely nerfed sometime during my hiatus in 2020, but they seem to be even worse now. Has this been your experience as well? I've been looking for Summerset plans, which even last year, had abysmally low drop rates, and now I only see the odd green plan. (And of course, I've never even seen furnishing plans from the new chapter).
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I used to make good coin selling plans but not much since Elsweyr for me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually get several greens, a few blues, and if I'm lucky, a purple every day, just by looting every desk, urn, trunk, etc. that I see.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have a kind of cool down. If you get a purple.plan for example you won't get another one for 1 to 2 hours (don't know the exact number) on the same character no matter how much you loot.

But if you have an alt, you could just switch.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I used to make good coin selling plans but not much since Elsweyr for me.
    I just want to furnish my home :D Thankfully I learnt a number of Alinor plans from 2019, but there are a few I've been trying to get, and no luck in the 18 months I've been back. I can't even find them on the traders now. I'm going to have to spend some writ vouchers with Faustino, I guess.
    Molydeus wrote: »
    I usually get several greens, a few blues, and if I'm lucky, a purple every day, just by looting every desk, urn, trunk, etc. that I see.
    Yup, desks, nightstands, wardrobes, urns and backpacks. I get some greens, maybe a blue or two during an afternoon running around some towns, and maybe a purple every 2 or 3 weeks - however 90% of the blues and purples are provisioning recipes or base game plans, so it's all pretty dire. In the past few months, it's been a lot worse too, it seems.

I can't remember if crates and barrels can contain plans, might have to take a look at those too.
    They have a kind of cool down. If you get a purple.plan for example you won't get another one for 1 to 2 hours (don't know the exact number) on the same character no matter how much you loot.
    Yes, I've heard that, thanks. Purples rarely ever even drop for me, unfortunately.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is funny, after literally years of looking for the Alinor armchair blueprint, it finally drops after I posted this thread! There must be little elves working behind the RNG here :D Thanks, RNGesus!
  • Perniciouss
    Perniciouss
    ✭✭✭
    Odds increase on furnishing plans when stealing or pickpocketing.
    Guild: Black Market Traders - One of the Oldest and Active Trading Guilds in Tamriel
    Guild: GL - Tamriel Fisherman's Guild - The oldest fishing guild in Tamriel. "There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore looking like an idiot."