The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Solar Barrage - Only Monsters?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
So is it any use in PvP:

"ability is active you gain Empower, increasing the damage of your Heavy Attacks against monsters by 80%. "
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're still pulsing damage around you.
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    It's much less useful than it used to be. Especially with the nerf to the dps of DoTs. However, it still has some uses in very specific builds. It can't be discounted completely, as a magplar you're going to want the minor sorc. While theres some other very decent abilities in dawn's wrath, sometimes a passive dot is what fits best into the current build. Or maybe you are stacking aoe dot ticks with deadly and a lightning staff. It's a pretty trash ability for pvp now but just don't think its completely useless.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities on Templar that are underperforming in PvP on a standard, solo*, non-support build…

Aedric Spear
    -Spear Shards*
    -Sun Shield

Dawn’s Wrath
    -Nova*
    -Sun Fire
    -Solar Flare
    -Backlash

Restoring Light
    -Healing Ritual*
    -Restoring Aura

Hopefully this list helps you to avoid some pitfalls, as each of the abilities listed are all better off avoided in their current state as they have been nerfed into the ground or havent been in a decent spot in years.
  • UnassumingNoob
    UnassumingNoob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abilities on Templar that are underperforming in PvP on a standard, solo*, non-support build…

Aedric Spear
    -Spear Shards*
    -Sun Shield

Dawn’s Wrath
    -Nova*
    -Sun Fire
    -Solar Flare
    -Backlash

Restoring Light
    -Healing Ritual*
    -Restoring Aura

Hopefully this list helps you to avoid some pitfalls, as each of the abilities listed are all better off avoided in their current state as they have been nerfed into the ground or havent been in a decent spot in years.

Havnt PVPed on my Templar since the jab nerf. Jabs are feeling more manageable now? Noticed they weren’t in your list.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aedric Spear
    -Spear Shards*
    -Sun Shield

Dawn’s Wrath
    -Nova*
    -Sun Fire
    -Solar Flare
    -Backlash

Restoring Light
    -Healing Ritual*
    -Restoring Aura

Havnt PVPed on my Templar since the jab nerf. Jabs are feeling more manageable now? Noticed they weren’t in your list.

For Magicka Templars, it’s still necessary if you’re not running a ranged build, it’s less effective, but it’s not entirely gutted.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @phaneub17_ESO I was hoping the Heavy Attacks worked for Bow and Staff in PvP...that 80% would be nice.

I guess opponent PvP are not considered 'monsters' right?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    @phaneub17_ESO I was hoping the Heavy Attacks worked for Bow and Staff in PvP...that 80% would be nice.

I guess opponent PvP are not considered 'monsters' right?

We're Big Meanies.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--