The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

pvp whislist 2023

Sergykid
Sergykid
✭✭✭✭✭
A pvp wishlist for this year and hopefully not beyond.
Just some opinions/suggestions for changes/additions/updates, etc, that would make pvpers life easier and pvp content more enjoyable.
The main ideas are shown and additional details inside spoilers to take up less visual space. Some are already specified in small part in various other threads scattered across the forum.

1) arenas, 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4 (non CP, like bgs) with dampening effect,
dampening effect that not only lowers healing taken but also increases stealth detection, or any other needed adjustments for intentional stalemates like closing ring damaging aoe like at battle royales. The battleground maps are already fine for this activity, maybe adjusted for two teams.

2) actual matchmaking rating system. Visible, leaderboard based on it. During first 30 seconds waiting in queue u r paired with similar, drop mmr requirement by x% every 30 seconds until match found, gain or lose mmr based on enemy's mmr,
i know the above look like are straight up copies of wow system but not entirely true and also who cares at this point. It's not like they created it and branded it. The arenas and XvX combat concepts are universal and free to use.

3) update and or overhaul of battlegrounds objectives,
- for Domination and Crazy King, the flags could have effects like deal damage in the area, reduce healing taken in the area, and every x seconds a knockback out of the area that is affected by and causes cc immunity. These effects rotate every maybe 2 minutes from a flag to another clockwise.
- for Chaos Ball and Capture Relic, a slow debuff could also be useful for both, damage dealt by chaos ball could be lower at start but instead increase the healing taken penalty, relic could have higher healing taken penalty earlier.
- for Deathmatch, should stay as it is but maybe a bounty system would be good, every maybe 2 minutes either top kda player or random player gets a bounty on them that award extra score, for example after 10 minutes if i have best kda and nobody claimed bounty i will award 90 score (15 base, +15 after 2 minutes, another +15 after another 2 minutes, etc)

4) no new class. Warden and Necro are still in beta, one is too strong and one is too weak. There's still work to be done for these "new" classes,

5) base game classes audit. Around half of each class toolkit is bad and can use an update because it's missing power budget or doesn't work now since it was intended to work that way in previous, unripe times.

6) imp city less telvar loss, instead of half maybe a quarter. Higher stealth detection in the sewers. Sewers could be reduced in overall area size maybe by a quarter on each alliance side.
-PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a higher payout of Transmute Crystals tbh, especially after bigger keep fights.
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    After much painstaking thought, long nights of silent deliberation and eye-watering scrutiny of the endless possibilities and potentials - I have compiled a list of my wishes for PVP in 2023. My list (was horribly difficult to narrow down, but I managed to do this somehow) is as follows:

1. Make Playstation Cyrodiil PVP playable
    • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
    • CP 2400+
    • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
    • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
    • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are just two wish list items every PvP player should want. Notably better performance in the game, especially Cyrodil, and a better BG design overall. That includes both better designs for the BGs and a two-team match instead of a three-team match. The matchmaking system is very much secondary since the population needs to increase significantly for a matchmaking system to be able to do its job. It needs a population large enough to be able to match properly and we do not have that.

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) More consistent performance from the servers. For me, Cyrodiil runs great right after a maintenance then just gets worse and worse over the following weeks.

2) Get rid of resource towers. All they do is suck up bodies to feed AP farmers that would be more useful actually playing the campaign, and discourage newer players that are the victims of these farmers.

3) Fix stuck in combat, or at least let us do basic things like mount while in combat. Being forced to run to a keep because you tagged a tower farmer by accident and now can’t mount for 20 minutes is complete BS.

These are my fondest wishes for PvP, and shouldn’t be difficult to make happen.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New battleground maps PLEASE
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me cancel pending resurrections when people don't take them so I can rez someone else.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -reward track system that allows players to earn xp towards specific rewards. Ideas are dungeon sets, gold materials, cosmetics/housing stuff

-Stat adjustments that reduce the easy baseline availability of pool resources and sustain without harming the precious dps of PVE players. (Make regen stats % based and halve base pool values while doubling damage contribution?)

-Flagging for open world PVP in "contested" base game zones

-Using homes to host custom pvp games/group duels/free for alls

I like the idea of flags giving combat bonuses, a shutdown bounty system in death match, and making relics/the ball more punishing to hold.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server improvement and bug fixes. Those two thing IMO would greatly improve PVP in 2023 with 2024 planning adding new zones/expansion to how we siege, etc..
  • Hyperdeathstalker
    Hyperdeathstalker
    ✭✭✭
    I think a few new achievements and rewards would be easy to implement and renew intrest:

Skin for max alliance rank grand overlord
    Personality 10mil telvar (my imperial city interesting again)
    Costume for 10,000 kills
    Golden vendor selling discounted items or special mythics
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    4) no new class. Warden and Necro are still in beta, one is too strong and one is too weak. There's still work to be done for these "new" classes,

6) imp city less telvar loss, instead of half maybe a quarter. Higher stealth detection in the sewers. Sewers could be reduced in overall area size maybe by a quarter on each alliance side.

4) what in the world are you talking about both classes are very strong. probably the stronger classes in the game in terms of both tankiness and damage.

6) less telvar loss? it's a very high risk high reward system. it definitely makes it much more intense. if it were less telvar loss from npcs specifically than sure. but pvp telvar loss and gains is fine as it stands. it is a gamble. a better gamble than opening crown crates. let me find out you'd rather spend money than pvp and lose an in-game currency .
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New battleground maps PLEASE

maybe you did master the current maps, but it's not a common thing, sure another map would be fine but current maps are enough, maybe they could use a bit of tuning but hardly their focus

Soraka wrote: »
    Let me cancel pending resurrections when people don't take them so I can rez someone else.

interesting, could be useful in pve too, but how would this be done? new keybind? unlikely.

-reward track system that allows players to earn xp towards specific rewards. Ideas are dungeon sets, gold materials, cosmetics/housing stuff

-Using homes to host custom pvp games/group duels/free for alls

idea from gw2? they have the reward track thing.
    pvp toggle in housing could be done, would be nice

Golden vendor selling discounted items or special mythics

golden vendor needs one or two more sets added to its weekly inventory with so many added sets since years, and i think some sets aren't even added to its drop pool
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »

4) what in the world are you talking about both classes are very strong. probably the stronger classes in the game in terms of both tankiness and damage.

6) less telvar loss? it's a very high risk high reward system. it definitely makes it much more intense. if it were less telvar loss from npcs specifically than sure. but pvp telvar loss and gains is fine as it stands. it is a gamble. a better gamble than opening crown crates. let me find out you'd rather spend money than pvp and lose an in-game currency .

4) necro is good for turtling under the tether but such defense u could also get with a templar for example, while having less damage. Having high damage with dizzy swing is not a class thing.

6) high risk for non stealthers. No point comparing to crates, this has loss on not winning, while telvar the only gamble is how fast can u get out if u survived the gank
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »

4) necro is good for turtling under the tether but such defense u could also get with a templar for example, while having less damage. Having high damage with dizzy swing is not a class thing.

6) high risk for non stealthers. No point comparing to crates, this has loss on not winning, while telvar the only gamble is how fast can u get out if u survived the gank

4) My whole point was both classes are very good. Dswing isn't even the main damage source for these classes, not alone at least. It's being able to hit dswing at the same time bbones are scarbs hits.

6) I'd much rather go into IC with my necro than my nb, mostly cause im not bombing im 1vXing but none the less, if you're in IC you have to expect the bombing and just be ready for it. I've survived many bombs and nuked the bomber after failed attempts. But you cant survive them all. just like any fight in general. But no, it is high risk for all classes.
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DEATHMATCH
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me add another one.

How about some siege towers. As in the offensive things that move slowly towards a keep and has ladders and a ramp so people can get inside and actually pvp not be stuck outside playing dodge the lancer shots simulator.

Introduce some "hot spots" on the map. Like a random flag being spawned on locations no one regally visits on the map. Occupying the locations for a set about of time gives lots of campaign score values or a boost. Make sure more than one location spawns at the same time to spread out the fights.

@zos with the most recent update to hots healing was nerfed but siege damage wasn't touched, oversight ?
  • Vanionator
    Vanionator
    ✭✭
    A PVP-specific training dummy that is adjustable. You can set the class, race, health and resistances. You could also set it as if you were solo(you buff yourself) or in a group(Random buffs, plus your own). All this so you could practice your burst, see if it's effective. The current training dummies are all pve oriented.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanionator wrote: »
    A PVP-specific training dummy that is adjustable. You can set the class, race, health and resistances. You could also set it as if you were solo(you buff yourself) or in a group(Random buffs, plus your own). All this so you could practice your burst, see if it's effective. The current training dummies are all pve oriented.

might sound interesting but would be too difficult to make for no real use. What would u use it for that u can't use a pve dummy for? why does class and race matter if u want to adjust health and resistances? also why health, just to see how hard u can burst? sounds like a dummy for ganking practice.
    better just take a friend and run 2-3 tests on him and u won't need the dummy anymore
  • Hesperax79
    Hesperax79
    ✭✭✭
    OK, we are forgotten again...
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hesperax79 wrote: »
    OK, we are forgotten again...
    4) no new class

yeah, nevermind i guess?
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Finish the server upgrade and code rewrite project.

2. Deathmatch or Other choice for Battlegrounds

3. Increase range for Nightblade skills so it is easier for them remain up in the safety of a BG base bow ganking people.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server performance.

I'm pretty sure they've basically confirmed there will not be PVP content in 2023, so improved performance is probably the best we can hope for, and even that is a stretch.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster