The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Day to Night control - Chinese Garden of a Thousand Lanterns.

Princess_Kassiopeia
Princess_Kassiopeia
✭✭✭✭
I thought I would say a big thankyou to the person who designed the Day to Night device gained from this years New Life Celebrations.
My Garden is copious with Lanterns but the house is empty.

My Garden only comes to life at night. It is Lantern Heaven. I ave asked for this abilty/facility in the past and it was really nice to see it manifest this year. If you went to my Garden you would understand why. :-)

So Thankyou. :-) xxx

8zfz4g3o4w6j.png
z54coe9yl2qf.png
2dwi9lbzqhzt.png
Edited by Psiion on January 2, 2023 12:00AM
"All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
Menelaus, king of Sparta and his wife, Helen of Troy.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That is just.... AWESOME!! Soooo beautiful! Got me all teary eyed!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

We have moved this thread into the Housing section as it's better fit there. Thank you!
    Staff Post
  • Dovjoy
    Dovjoy
    Soul Shriven
    Wowee that looks amazing. Nice work! I should put up some lanterns in my empty home, I feel inspired.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK how do you get a thousand lanterns with only 700 slots? I need that cheat!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Cardinal this is for you I believe
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    OK how do you get a thousand lanterns with only 700 slots? I need that cheat!

Work at night.

Actually, if you work emmediately after a major udate you'll find that the three systems that control such things as slots dont kick in until they've processed their scripts. Normally this is only about 11 minutes. Same for purchasing items from Merchants. Doesn't appear in yur inbox for more ticks than "normal".
    During that time slot logging is more "unabled" than disabled if you follow me.
    So... I charge about banging up lanterns I made the day before and I think my lantern and Obj. count so far (enjoy counting them yourself if you have the time to confirm) is over 930 and counting) AS WELL AS continued effoet of adding lanterns when I can in such "dead time".
    People with a slow puter might have some flicker to deal with but generally most players get by.

The above is actually a load of rubbish; Lies actually.
    But, Summersetian High Elves have always had the ability to Lie with the utmost integrity leavng Humans scrabbling about in a mental state of untruth allowing us to take advantage of such inferior races.

It's what we do best!!!
    "All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Cardinal this is for you I believe

Oh! Thankyou very much for this. Sorry for the late reply. But if Cardinal made the Day/Night/Eggtimer thing thats awesome.

So Cardinal also made my Workshop then..... AND all 40 of my Wysterias. :-) I presume Cardinal's still active??

r33ndeqa8edt.png

kejof5nfplda.png

I turned the Greenhouse into a rooftop Lantern lit Workshop. I wanted something that wasn't ovepowering but light and airy. It was the perfect sized arena. So I set it to floated atop the main House.

Im always impressed when people model things to perfection and pay attention to detail. My main Argument with the company I pioneered what now is the worlds most advanced dekstop animation software was that they refused to sell props modularly. Always baked. SoI started a trend that thankfully now is their norm.

This is a Brass Chimney lamp I created out of some base primitives for an animation called "The Librarian" which was a 2 minute heavy talk on the psychologies of commercial animtion lightened with a cheerful imaginary character.

It's just a flame but that flame was quite a rarity in the software back in 2014.

fgy3pge97hpc.jpg

But I love his Eggtimer. :-)

khf8bkddj143.png

• Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    i feel like your stunning dreamscape here needs a lot of fire flies too.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You guys make me so jealous with your decorating talent lol. It's gorgeous.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys make me so jealous with your decorating talent lol. It's gorgeous.

Well, you might enjoy this then. The full set.

https://youtu.be/VgUDRT7ftNg

The fun being the "Pixar" lamp's Anacrophobia. Which is the "sub=movie" within the main movie.
    BUT, the spiders manage the library because they can reach all the books. The lamp has a pre-occupation with looking out for spiders to the restrained irritance of the librarian.

Even beyond the end if you continue watching theres 20 seconds of fun where a book-elf is sweeping out her home and the camera sneaks up on her making for a final closing smile.

It also shows the 1. wireframe 2. model 3. mapped and 4. finals that I used to work in. For its day it was quite revolutionary software and considering its roots were rather cronky stickmen animations it raced ahead to allow this degree of creativity very fast.

The mediaval villages you see in ESO were similar to the villages I made as sets for my early animation in 2005.

This is why I always say, sometimes the modelling and environments of ESO are actually all the more stunning once you can apprecite the massive work that goes into making them behind the scenes because even my avatar has 5 layers to their skin that made them as they were. Not just a skin colour.

Animation is a huge universe of technicality that the user is completely unable to appreciate. I read the bitching of some users in the foruma nd I sit there and think.... you know, if you had ANY IDEA what your asking and what youre criticisng you would bite your tongue.

But.... the market and the world is as it is. :/
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    i feel like your stunning dreamscape here needs a lot of fire flies too.

Yeahh.... Do we have fireflies? We dont have Koi for the pond OR Lotus flowers either.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeahh.... Do we have fireflies? We dont have Koi for the pond OR Lotus flowers either.

We have a few lotuses, but only within a pond with a stone border:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-furnishing-Tranquility_Pond,_Botanical.jpg

I think there are also waterplants with rounds leaves, but without any flowers.

And when it comes to fireflies, we only have a few light particle effects, called "Candlefly gathering" (in different colours: Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald). They don't really look like fireflies, though, they're just floating light spots.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

We have a few lotuses, but only within a pond with a stone border:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-furnishing-Tranquility_Pond,_Botanical.jpg

I think there are also waterplants with rounds leaves, but without any flowers.

And when it comes to fireflies, we only have a few light particle effects, called "Candlefly gathering" (in different colours: Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald). They don't really look like fireflies, though, they're just floating light spots.

The candlefly gatherings are what i was referring to. Whether they look like real insects or not is besides the point. i personally think they are beautiful, and magical and would add to the ambience in this beautiful place. :) That's all.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It made my Night Garden possible all year round. :)
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

The candlefly gatherings are what i was referring to. Whether they look like real insects or not is besides the point. i personally think they are beautiful, and magical and would add to the ambience in this beautiful place. :) That's all.

Ill look into this one then. Thats all fireflies are. Lil glowing wandering points of light.