Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is Relequens currently meta for PvE DPS?

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I get that medium armor is currently meta for DPS in PvE, but why Relequens specifically as versus Kinras? And is there another option that would be almost as good? I want to try a hybrid necro dps build using Elemental Catalyst jewelry and perhaps weapons or a few armor pieces. But Relequens is not one of the sets I kept and I’d rather not grind CR or transmute crystals.
Edited by Araneae6537 on January 1, 2023 9:17PM

Best Answer

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relequen has been the meta for stamina since it was added because it's damage procs from light attacks. Anyone who's running Relequen in end game content is going to be light attack weaving and so getting maximum uptime on the essentially free damage procs. Also its got Minor Slayer. Most of the time players will pair Relequen with something else, like Kinras or another gear set.
    Answer ✓
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relequen has been the meta for stamina since it was added because it's damage procs from light attacks. Anyone who's running Relequen in end game content is going to be light attack weaving and so getting maximum uptime on the essentially free damage procs. Also its got Minor Slayer. Most of the time players will pair Relequen with something else, like Kinras or another gear set.

I see. And now that medium armor is meta for ALL, this set is the be-all-end-all for DPS.

Thank you for the explanation! I guess I’m surprised it’s that much better than every other medium armor DPS set and that there wouldn’t be situational, class, combo, or other considerations.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only for absolute single target! But even then for example Bahsei theoretically can outclass it, practically you probably won't be able to do so with Bahsei.

Btw. the weight of one set doesn't matter, because one set can (completely / mostly) be worn on weapons / jewelry.
    Edited by KilianDermoth on January 4, 2023 12:33PM