The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Past Event Items

bradleymsimmons
bradleymsimmons
✭✭✭
Has anyone heard if ESO plans to make available past items in some way? I missed the Dagonic Quasigriff and would really like to get it, if possible.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have not mentioned anything like that yet, but I think it's quite likely since they also brought the event Indriks back.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense as I’m sure you probably had a valid reason to not be playing ESO during the year of Blackwood, but I’d rather they move forward with completely new stuff than backtrack through content we had to build over the course of a year, even though I would love to get a Doomchar Plateau, I had different priorities while it was available and ultimately it lands on me for not choosing to participate.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly quite possible they will bring back collectible morphs, given they brought back all the indrik items.

If they do, they will likely both bring them back and offer new items. They haven't ceased the development of new event items when items returned to event items in the past.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 2, 2023 3:59PM
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bringing back old items is a nice way to get us to spend tickets (and crowns), so I don't think it's far-fetched to imagine them doing that with 2021's collection, along with brand new stuff.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might introduce some specific item fragments for an event to make players spend their tickets on.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    It's certainly quite possible they will bring back collectible morphs, given they brought back all the indrik items.

If they do, they will likely both bring them back and offer new items. They haven't ceased the development of new event items when items returned to event items in the past.

The quality of new additions deteriorates when the old items are still on the table.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The quality of new additions deteriorates when the old items are still on the table.

Why? And could you give an example? How was, for instance, this year's Q4 reward (the hourglass) worse than it could have been because Nenulaure in Craglorn sold Indriks from previous events again?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »

Why? And could you give an example? How was, for instance, this year's Q4 reward (the hourglass) worse than it could have been because Nenulaure in Craglorn sold Indriks from previous events again?

It is just an assertion, not necessarily accurate.

I remember having almost all my tickets consumed on the PS4 for the Indiriks, but only having extras one time (and the end of the Indiriks). I have seen more quite often this time, so I am getting berries on the PC, though I may never get all the base mounts (to morph) and it may not matter. I would have had far too many tickets this time without that, since all my companions are maxed on their rep and the other options are rather uninteresting.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of a player home we got an hourglass that allows us to change the daylight of our homes, a feature they could have just added under QoL, and that has nothing to do with the Indriks.

Anybody will tell you…
    Doomchar Plateau > Sacred Hourglass

Regardless of that one example, when you have sale security in old items, you can afford to skimp on new ones.

Why do you think they’ve been okay with only re-releasing notable homes this year? They don’t need to make new homes when people are still buying old ones, where I’d rather we move forward, completely.

Edit: If they want to keep re-releasing content that is supposed to be exclusive, they should stop putting timers on it in the first place and just leave it accessible to players as it’s a predatory practice to have things as timed exclusives to begin with, especially if they aren’t truly exclusive.

Capitalizing on a “fear of missing out” is commonly practiced by this company against new players as a strategy, yet if you’ve been around more than a year, you realize that you have nothing to fear because things generally rotate back around, the only exclusions to this rule are pre-One Tamriel items, and of course as mentioned by the OP, yearly event items, as they follow the theme of whatever chapter they release alongside.
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on January 3, 2023 5:07AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you have sale security in old items, you can afford to skimp on new ones.
    Why do you think they’ve been okay with only re-releasing notable homes this year? They don’t need to make new homes when people are still buying old ones, where I’d rather we move forward, completely.

I do see your point, but I'm not completely sure about that. Items aren't just interchangeable. If I want a, let's say, druid village to furnish, it doesn't matter if there's already an Ork stronghold or an Argonian Xanmeer available. Also, they have offered new event reward mounts after the Indrik mounts (a dark and a golden Quasigriff) and two different event skins so far.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Instead of a player home we got an hourglass that allows us to change the daylight of our homes, a feature they could have just added under QoL, and that has nothing to do with the Indriks.

Anybody will tell you…

Ooh, can I cherry-pick an example too?

Ok, so... Next event will start the Q1 for 2023 and we'll be getting the Passion's Muse personality. In 2022, the Q1 gave us...
    oh wait, that was only a skin. Personality > Skin in many peoples' minds.

Hold on - the Indrik vendor wasn't even available in Q1 2022. She popped up at the end of Q2. ...so, by your logic, the addition of the vendor to bring back old stuff also changed the skin (meh) to a personality (a huge deal)

Yes, this is hyperbole. But you're also using only one data point here. We've had two full years of mount recolors x 5, and then once the Indriks left (and before they returned), we changed the set of 5 mount recolors per year to [pet, skin, personality, mount, house] one year, and [pet, skin, mount, costume, collectible] the other. One year (two, even) is not enough to say "this is a definite downgrade from tradition!" Particularly when - considering the morphs were decided at the beginning of the year - the Indrik Vendor wasn't around the whole year so there's no way that her appearance was the thing that changed the Q4. If anything, 2023 will be the year that could start to be affected... if at all.

I'm also not convinced that there's a lot of effort involved in "hey, let's rerelease this thing that was available before." Especially not compared to "hey, let's make this brand new thing from scratch."

Now I will say that 2022 was a majorly disappointing year in many aspects - we did get a lot less content (way fewer houses, fewer motif styles, the HI plotline was subpar to say the least and mostly nonsensical, persistent bugs, etc.), but I don't think that adding back the indriks was the cause of all (or any) of those issues. I would hope that 2023 will allow the respective teams to give the care to their parts so that we can see some of this good stuff come back.

Besides, as much as people are begging for new notable homes, what I see a lot more people begging for are smaller houses. It would have been perfect for them to have added a small hut in Stonelore Grove (and it's not too late to do so...), and I be that would be a lot more popular than things like Agony's Ascent.

Besides, I don't think that gatekeeping players from cosmetics because of LTOs is a good thing. It's more of a good way to peeve people off. At this point, it feels like people only go buy stuff when it drops in the showcases. I'd like if the whole store had a lot more old content in it and it rotated more - as it is, I feel no need to go browsing... and if nobody's browsing, nobody's buying.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody will tell you…

Regardless of that one example, when you have sale security in old items, you can afford to skimp on new ones.

Edit: If they want to keep re-releasing content that is supposed to be exclusive, they should stop putting timers on it in the first place and just leave it accessible to players as it’s a predatory practice to have things as timed exclusives to begin with, especially if they aren’t truly exclusive.

Capitalizing on a “fear of missing out” is commonly practiced by this company against new players as a strategy, yet if you’ve been around more than a year, you realize that you have nothing to fear because things generally rotate back around, the only exclusions to this rule are pre-One Tamriel items, and of course as mentioned by the OP, yearly event items, as they follow the theme of whatever chapter they release alongside.

I disagree with many things ZOS does but there is nothing “predatory” about limited time releases and sales. Everyone can decide for themselves whether something is worth getting while available or whether they’d prefer to take their chances waiting, maybe get a better price but maybe wait indefinitely.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you have sale security in old items, you can afford to skimp on new ones.

I do see your point, but I'm not completely sure about that. Items aren't just interchangeable. If I want a, let's say, druid village to furnish, it doesn't matter if there's already an Ork stronghold or an Argonian Xanmeer available. Also, they have offered new event reward mounts after the Indrik mounts (a dark and a golden Quasigriff) and two different event skins so far.

If Management expect “X” amount of money to be made this year, Marketing, fully aware that their quota will be met, can coordinate with the other teams, relaying that information then proceeding to vault anything that may be worth something down the line for a rainy day, and come out with something less desirable, tack on a relevant name to whatever it’s releasing alongside and roll with it.

Just look at the Daggerfall Paladin costume, it says it all. There is nothing Daggerfall, or Paladin-like about that costume, it looks like trash, and has probably been sitting around for years, not coded into the game, yet they were confident that all of the furnishing packs they were selling and awesome notables being re-released this year would make the ends meet, so they wouldn’t have to push players into buying event tickets this year, or even the chapter for that matter. No need to add real content with Q2 or Q4 when they can sell multiple hundred dollar homes that they’ve already paid the artists for, alongside fancy new furnishing packs.

ZOS aren’t in the habit of firing people that do the bare minimal, as we’ve seen with PvP support, as we will continue to see until there is a management shift, or policy change at the company.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody will tell you…

Ooh, can I cherry-pick an example too?

Ok, so... Next event will start the Q1 for 2023 and we'll be getting the Passion's Muse personality. In 2022, the Q1 gave us...
    oh wait, that was only a skin. Personality > Skin in many peoples' minds.

Hold on - the Indrik vendor wasn't even available in Q1 2022. She popped up at the end of Q2. ...so, by your logic, the addition of the vendor to bring back old stuff also changed the skin (meh) to a personality (a huge deal)

Yes, this is hyperbole. But you're also using only one data point here. We've had two full years of mount recolors x 5, and then once the Indriks left (and before they returned), we changed the set of 5 mount recolors per year to [pet, skin, personality, mount, house] one year, and [pet, skin, mount, costume, collectible] the other. One year (two, even) is not enough to say "this is a definite downgrade from tradition!" Particularly when - considering the morphs were decided at the beginning of the year - the Indrik Vendor wasn't around the whole year so there's no way that her appearance was the thing that changed the Q4. If anything, 2023 will be the year that could start to be affected... if at all.

I'm also not convinced that there's a lot of effort involved in "hey, let's rerelease this thing that was available before." Especially not compared to "hey, let's make this brand new thing from scratch."

Now I will say that 2022 was a majorly disappointing year in many aspects - we did get a lot less content (way fewer houses, fewer motif styles, the HI plotline was subpar to say the least and mostly nonsensical, persistent bugs, etc.), but I don't think that adding back the indriks was the cause of all (or any) of those issues. I would hope that 2023 will allow the respective teams to give the care to their parts so that we can see some of this good stuff come back.

Besides, as much as people are begging for new notable homes, what I see a lot more people begging for are smaller houses. It would have been perfect for them to have added a small hut in Stonelore Grove (and it's not too late to do so...), and I be that would be a lot more popular than things like Agony's Ascent.

Besides, I don't think that gatekeeping players from cosmetics because of LTOs is a good thing. It's more of a good way to peeve people off. At this point, it feels like people only go buy stuff when it drops in the showcases. I'd like if the whole store had a lot more old content in it and it rotated more - as it is, I feel no need to go browsing... and if nobody's browsing, nobody's buying.

Nobody is saying that the Indriks are the problem, but if you want to have that debate, there are way better Indriks that could be being released if those old basic ones weren’t thrown back into the game at people. Look at all the advancements in mount animations we’ve seen since the original release of those mounts.

Edit: As far as the “cherry pick” comment, I clearly stated in my prior reply the intent of my example and that my statement is true regardless of it.
    Anybody will tell you…

Edited by The_Titan_Tim on January 3, 2023 5:57AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody will tell you…

The Sacred Hourglass was one of the most requested features by the Housing community for years. It was hotly anticipated and most expected it to be a crown store item and were willing to pay for it. It is a brand new feature. How is that obviously inferior to a blank plot of land?

They haven't skimped on new items to date. The old cosmetics in the shop, crown crates, etc are mostly inferior to the newer stuff. Old furniture has lower resolutions. The Indriks were just a bunch of recolors, we upgraded a whole system and Indriks still returned. Mounts have gotten increasingly elaborate and detail as time progressed.

They already warned us that High Isle would be simpler while they worked on brand new servers and did the server re-architecure. The idea that the reason we got less content in High Isle because of Indriks rather than them taking on a massive, time consuming, extreme performance project doesn't make much sense to me.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 3, 2023 7:47AM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Anybody will tell you…

The Sacred Hourglass was one of the most requested features by the Housing community for years. It was hotly anticipated and most expected it to be a crown store item and were willing to pay for it. It is a brand new feature. How is that obviously inferior to a blank plot of land?

Agree. I didn't bother getting Doomchar, but I definitely wanted the hourglass
    Soupy twist
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody will tell you…

They haven't skimped on new items to date. The old cosmetics in the shop, crown crates, etc are mostly inferior to the newer stuff. Old furniture has lower resolutions. The Indriks were just a bunch of recolors, we upgraded a whole system and Indriks still returned. Mounts have gotten increasingly elaborate and detail as time progressed.

They already warned us that High Isle would be simpler while they worked on brand new servers and did the server re-architecure. The idea that the reason we got less content in High Isle because of Indriks rather than them taking on a massive, time consuming, extreme performance project doesn't make much sense to me.

Doomchar is an entire plot of land to put 700 furnishings in, to the creative mind, it is wayyy more significant than the hourglass… a furnishing that didn’t even have to be one, and easily could have been a simple QoL feature added to the game.

There will be forum posts complaining a year or two out that people missed the hourglass and want it, because the team made the decision to make it an event item instead of giving it to everyone in the form of a house setting, like it should have been.

It’s not better than an entire house, but it’s more unique because there’s nothing like it.

Edit: And what’s with you people and this obsession with Indrik talk? How many times do I have to clarify that bringing back old Indriks instead of adding new Indriks, has no correlation to any other aspect of the game. It’s isolated. As our mount designer is different from our world designer.

And this talk about performance, that we’ve been hearing since 2014, is not a valid excuse, you can’t make the same promises year after year and expect them to have levity.
    Edited by The_Titan_Tim on January 3, 2023 10:16AM
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s an easy solution to be had;

Option 1: Stop making timed exclusives that aren’t exclusive.

Option 2: Keep timed exclusives, exclusive.

Either option would be respectable, when there’s a grey area, like what we have currently, it’s a problem.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've missed the "Dragon rise event" for inevitable real life problems... it's the only event i've ever missed it's bugging me like crazy please ZOS save us!
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really, really, REALLY want the Daedroth and Bone Goliath illusion gems! They're so damn badass.
  • Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭

Anybody will tell you…

Not trying to be contrary, but I disagree. That Hourglass is one of my all-time favorite event items; I spent a long time on getting my home to have nice, glowy lighting at night, but it was always frustrating to rarely get to see it. Now, just slap that sucker down and boom, always night, and I love it. I only use Doomchar to throw my junk in, which I could do the same with Hall of the Lunar Champion, so Doomchar, for me, is neither interesting nor unique for my housing needs.

I digress, though, that they really could have added the hourglass as an option somewhere and not a limited item, but what's FOMO without limited items >_> But they did not add it as an option, therefore, as it stands, the hourglass is better for me.

But yes, I would love to see more past event items cycled back in, like the Indriks. It actually has me spending all of my event tickets, as I missed most of them, and stooping to the level of getting a few from the crown store.
    Edited by Natakiro on January 4, 2023 10:15AM
    PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's likely the event ticket rewards like the quasigriffs, doomchar plateau, the hour glass etc. will eventually come back like the indriks did because they're obtained the same way. The new morphing collectibles and the items they turn into are basically a response to the feedback that many players didn't like only having variations on the same mount available for event tickets. My hope is that all the previous event ticket items will continue to be available, so players who missed them the first time around can get them later on if they want to.

It seems less likely the items from the chapter release events will be made available again, because so far that hasn't happened, except the house from the Summerset event.

Personally I think everything should be earnable for players who want it. Keep the other requirements like collecting event tickets or completing the pathfinder achievement or whatever, but remove the time restriction so players aren't penalised if they can't log in during a specific time period.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"