Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug problems I encountered.

Braggar
Braggar
✭✭✭✭
Hello!

I really like several hats in ESO. But I care for details, and a problem changed my mind. I simply won´t buy - use several hats. Why? The hairdo is missing. Don´t like this. I know, several people mentioned it in the forum before. But I has to mention it too. Bugs me. It ain´t good, if any hairdo vanish under those hats in my image. It looks like the character is bald.

3ridriwf9swf.jpg

I remember when ZOS, shared the Singing Skald outfit in the Crown Store. People bought it and noticed, the hairdo was missing under the hat. ZOS fixed it. I got a image:

h3s737w6123f.jpg

If this is possible, why does that problem still exists with the other hats? I sent ZOS several tickets about this problem. Still no change. It should be fixed. Just my opinion, but if I check a new hat in the crown store preview, and the hairdo is not visible, I simply won´t buy it.

Another problem bugs me, and others too I´m sure. That I can´t use scars and make up, for female characters at the same time. I bought some extra scars, and make up in the game. Always the same result. I can only use one at a time. Which makes me think, it was futile to obtain the goodies. But and that is a exception, I can use as example these body scars, and make up at the same time! Cause the scars, are also visible in the face. Here is a image:

iagh0zp5anc4.jpg

ZOS could change that. Otherwise I has to step back, from any new face content.

Another thing I noticed is, the Templar spear. ZOS replaced the old model, with a new design while ago. Okay but the problem is, I still see the old model, if I choose Aurora Javelin and Blazing Spear. Doesn´t make sense to me hm. Even the Companion Isobel, use the old model still. Shouldn´t just the new model be visible?

dwgzi3qyf11z.jpg

Edited by Psiion on February 25, 2023 3:55AM
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    My character wears a hat. Then walks to a crafting station/workbench. Craft something etc. and the hat vanish. It happens all the time at any workbench, with any character 24/7. I wonder why?

p6fej1sbpi53.jpg

And there is another bug, that haunts me lol. It happens sometimes after a battle. I try to talk to my companion, loot a chest, pick up a flower uhm try to do literally anything, outside my characters menu. But the game don´t react at all. It´s like my characters functions, are disabled.

I found a way how to fix it. I toggle between primary, and backup weapon. First 2 then 1. And it works again, like nothing happened before. How weird huh?

Edited by Braggar on February 23, 2023 6:46PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope ZOS doesn’t ruin more of the templar animations! :persevere:

I agree, it would be great if there were more appearance slots or we could use more than one item.

I’ve wondered about the disappearing headgear at crafting stations too — it even happens during Witches’ Festival and the skeletal polymorph loses it’s hood! Maybe it’s because the wiping away sweat or tasting animations would clip with helmets. 🤔
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 13, 2023 1:04AM
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree, it would be great if there were more appearance slots or we could use more than one item.

I’ve wondered about the disappearing headgear at crafting stations too — it even happens during Witches’ Festival and the skeletal polymorph loses it’s hood! Maybe it’s because the wiping away sweat or tasting animations would clip with helmets. 🤔

Even if you activate Radial Sweep, you see the old spear. Why is that? Could be fixed.

The appearance slots need some adjustments. Imagine we could use different scars, eyeliner, lipstick for female characters at the same time. Would be a big win for the game.

The hat issue is funny huh? I remember it was different before. The hat remained, never ever vanished while crafting.
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    One funny bug that exists since years, is that one:

7jy0ti0wrmhl.jpg

Melons look different.
    Edited by Braggar on February 23, 2023 6:46PM
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    One bug I has since a longer time, is about the Housing Editor. I choosed keys for old characters in the controls. The game keeps records of this. But not for several new characters, I created after. Each time I choose keys, the game reset the entries, once I leave the game, and come back. Sent ZOS a ticket. But nothing changed so far.

This makes me laugh. My own game launcher shows this message: "Could not load news". It appears since several months now. No big deal, I can get my news in the ESO forum instead.
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is a older bug. Still not fixed.

The Mage Guild send me to Bangkorai. I has to recover a relic, in Razak´s Wheel. A Public Dungeon. As anyone can see, the quest marker send me north, to a delve. But Razak´s Wheel, the Public Dungeon is deep south lol.

92h9wochmss9.jpg

Edited by Braggar on February 23, 2023 6:47PM
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the other day, my High Elf (with a Draping Locks hairdo) should wear a hat. To my surprise I saw, her hairdo is not the same anymore. It changed to Left Parted Cropped. Actually doesn´t matter which hat I choose. It always turns to Left Parted Cropped. I take it off, dang Draping Locks again. That should be fixed.

yqbav6vz7lgf.jpg

• Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I turned my name plates in the setting off long ago. Don´t need it. And sometimes it reset by itself. Which means I see other players, with name plates in the game. Why?? How to fix it? Turn it off again in the settings. Annoying!

My tutorials are turned off. I loot a treasure chest, and all of a sudden I see now a tutorial note, about looting treasure chests.
    I check my settings.Tutorials are turned off! How to fix it? Turn it on/off a couple of times. But that bug keeps coming back.
    Edited by Braggar on March 25, 2023 1:07PM
  • VolrathStormborn
    VolrathStormborn
    ✭✭✭

I typically only see this when I’m wearing a light helm. If it’s a hat, a different style page or simply a heavy version motif style. If it’s a light armor head piece then it’s coming off, period.

• Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I encounter sometimes, a wandering blue fire. This is actually the Wayshrine fire. It appears in all kind of areas. No idea why this happens lol?

uw4bx75svzx5.jpg
    w2exc8mw41i0.jpg

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Braggar wrote: »

The Mage Guild send me to Bangkorai. I has to recover a relic, in Razak´s Wheel. A Public Dungeon. As anyone can see, the quest marker send me north, to a delve. But Razak´s Wheel, the Public Dungeon is deep south lol.

92h9wochmss9.jpg

Actually, that's not a bug. Recently (I can't recall exactly when) the quest markers got an overhaul, and now for any given quest, the markers always indicate the first step for getting to the required destination, rather than the destination itself. In this particular case, the quest marker is saying you need to go through The Sunken Road to get to the southern part of Bangkorai, and then when you do that, the quest marker will update and move to Razak's Wheel.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I wish this was the case for most hats and helmets in the game. With the proper hairdos and not changed hairdos; some hats allow hair, but change your hairstyle underneath. And absolutely no motifs in the game show your hair. Some hoods, for example, show a lot of your head and therefore you look bald underneath, which shouldn't be the case, and some motifs should just have hair showing in general.

It's been a gripe of mine for 9 years, since the game came out. I wish there could be a toggle: show hair with hats or disable hair with hats. But instead, some hats show hair, some don't, and no motifs show your hair at all.

I also wish there was additional body and facial marking slots, as well as major adornment slots. It would make for more customization.

finally, the templar change... Jabs is terrible. I am an animator, and will tell you the new animation breaks rules of animation in such a way that it makes the animation bad, so I would never use the skill. Regardless of how it does less damage than Elemental Weapon now, it just looks bad and feels bad to use now thanks to an issue that ZoS could fix with an hour of work by one person on their animation team: Seriously, this is basically just a timing issue, and could be fixed with less than an hour of work by one dude. I'd be able to do it in 30 minutes if given the tools they use and the animation file.

This isn't even mentioning the thing you're talking about, the fact that the spear changes..... To the Nighthollow staff. This might look similar to a spear, but they 1. Used a motif that was already in the game rather than making a unique 3D model for a spear, and 2. It's a vampire motif which is the opposite of Templar, which is lore breaking. If anything, rather than changing the other spears to this godawful motif, they should change the Jabs spear to something else entirely. I'd prefer a big rubber chicken over the nighthollow staff as jabs, at least it would be less lore breaking.
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »
    Yeah I wish this was the case for most hats and helmets in the game. With the proper hairdos and not changed hairdos; some hats allow hair, but change your hairstyle underneath. And absolutely no motifs in the game show your hair. Some hoods, for example, show a lot of your head and therefore you look bald underneath, which shouldn't be the case, and some motifs should just have hair showing in general.

It's been a gripe of mine for 9 years, since the game came out. I wish there could be a toggle: show hair with hats or disable hair with hats. But instead, some hats show hair, some don't, and no motifs show your hair at all.

I also wish there was additional body and facial marking slots, as well as major adornment slots. It would make for more customization.

finally, the templar change... Jabs is terrible. I am an animator, and will tell you the new animation breaks rules of animation in such a way that it makes the animation bad, so I would never use the skill. Regardless of how it does less damage than Elemental Weapon now, it just looks bad and feels bad to use now thanks to an issue that ZoS could fix with an hour of work by one person on their animation team: Seriously, this is basically just a timing issue, and could be fixed with less than an hour of work by one dude. I'd be able to do it in 30 minutes if given the tools they use and the animation file.

This isn't even mentioning the thing you're talking about, the fact that the spear changes..... To the Nighthollow staff. This might look similar to a spear, but they 1. Used a motif that was already in the game rather than making a unique 3D model for a spear, and 2. It's a vampire motif which is the opposite of Templar, which is lore breaking. If anything, rather than changing the other spears to this godawful motif, they should change the Jabs spear to something else entirely. I'd prefer a big rubber chicken over the nighthollow staff as jabs, at least it would be less lore breaking.

I agree with you. Well they won´t fix that hair/hat, Templar jabs, spear problem. You see what´s going on since launch. I thought the other day, why did I posted bugs in this forum?? It´s hopeless ZOS do, what they always do. Start somewhere work on projects 70% max, don´t fix bugs then leave it behind. And continue somewhere else. They claim old bugs will be fixed, on the second half of 2023. It took them 9 years to finaly decide, they fix old bugs?? Say what??? I believe it, if I see it.
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭

92h9wochmss9.jpg

Bangkorai and some other places have some issues with quest markers in general for years. I can't back my statement up with a source, because I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall someone in the know replying to complaints at some point saying it was an known issue, and unfixable without gutting the code. Considering the lack of minor bug fixes with incremental patches, outlook isn't so great that will ever change.

I'm with you totally; I'll believe this is the "year of polish" and season of meaningul bug fixes when I SEE it. I'm surely not going on faith, and neither is my wallet.
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭

[/quote]

Bangkorai and some other places have some issues with quest markers in general for years. I can't back my statement up with a source, because I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall someone in the know replying to complaints at some point saying it was an known issue, and unfixable without gutting the code. Considering the lack of minor bug fixes with incremental patches, outlook isn't so great that will ever change.

I'm with you totally; I'll believe this is the "year of polish" and season of meaningul bug fixes when I SEE it. I'm surely not going on faith, and neither is my wallet.[/quote]

Unfixable Displaced_Salad? Oh dear. We usual has to check the internet, for "wrong quest marker" solutions. Don´t we? So much old bugs, so much problems. I lost track. And new bugs ahead. If characters die during PVP fights, they keep standing. I saw this a couple of times now.

Here a image:

h7mevwxkw10j.jpg

The list goes on. Getting tiered of this. One thing is for sure, ESO will never be bugs free. I second that. Let see if this bug fix parade really happen?......Put your money, where your mouth is ZOS.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwgzi3qyf11z.jpg

Why is your character stabbing with a wooden vampire staff? That can't be right. The skill description says you are striking with an "Aedric spear."

Definitely bugged.

And I agree about the new stand up corpse thing in PvP. When U37 first dropped, people were claiming we were hacking because our corpses were still slow motion running in place, dead, and untargetable. At least everybody now knows it's a bug.... or a feature? ZOS won't say which.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    dwgzi3qyf11z.jpg

Why is your character stabbing with a wooden vampire staff? That can't be right. The skill description says you are striking with an "Aedric spear."

Definitely bugged.

And I agree about the new stand up corpse thing in PvP. When U37 first dropped, people were claiming we were hacking because our corpses were still slow motion running in place, dead, and untargetable. At least everybody now knows it's a bug.... or a feature? ZOS won't say which.

Yes why such a staff? Why not back to the old model? But that´s what ZOS does. They start somewhere, don´t finish the job move on and wonder, why people are unhappy? My characters died couple more times the other day. Kept standing, or as you wrote kept walking while dead. It looks funny. One gal even did a moonwalk!

5ly3rsce7pwc.jpg
  • Lena_HJ
    Lena_HJ
    ✭✭✭
    Scroundel looks bad on non human races too. On my Orkie:

u1r4tq2m19dz.png

The hats are a mess... I will edit this post after I take some pics of my friend who is a very fashionable Argonian, but some hats ... give him hair.

Just wanted to say I feel you, Braggar :).

Orc Elf == Best Elf :]
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lena_HJ wrote: »
    Scroundel looks bad on non human races too. On my Orkie:

The hats are a mess... I will edit this post after I take some pics of my friend who is a very fashionable Argonian, but some hats ... give him hair.

Just wanted to say I feel you, Braggar :).

Thank you very much Lena_HJ. Your poor Orkie. She needs some hair! :)

I really thought, that hat looks good in the preview! And when I bought it uhmmm. I don´t use it at all since it came out. Checked many hats in the game. I really lost interest. Just a few are okay, cause of visible hairdos.

If only ZOS would let US design hats for a change huh? Funny idea...

• Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moved the images, to a different thread.
    Edited by Braggar on July 17, 2023 11:51AM
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭

• Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭

• Lena_HJ
    Lena_HJ
    ✭✭✭
    Braggar, excellent screenshots - I mean the one from Alinor made me laugh so hard. In the meantime:

elur4le4zc3q.png

The effects of being shot by coldfire ballista persisted for an hour or so. "Flame of shame" awarded for those standing outside of shield bubble, ehh.

• Lena_HJ
    Lena_HJ
    ✭✭✭
    Here more variations. Very artistic keeps me laughing. Again those are bugs! But I like them.

You know what? This blue flame kinda grows on me too XD
    vc8t5cpx3z38.png

• Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lena_HJ wrote: »
    Here more variations. Very artistic keeps me laughing. Again those are bugs! But I like them.

You know what? This blue flame kinda grows on me too XD

OMG your images crack me up lol. I invite you, to join my new thread. Anyone can post ESO bug - glitch related images inside.
    That might be a lot of fun to look at.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/634254/the-bug-pit/p1?new=1
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    A weird bug I encountered today is loosing energy, after eating Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce. So what happened?

I noticed my characters health, stamina, magic bars are low. My characters eats Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce food. (Takes 2 hours 35 min, until the effect vanish.) I teleported a minute later, from Betnikh to Shadowfen. My health, stamina, magic bars are low again. Like my character didn´t eat at all. I recharged my food, a second time. Enter a delve in Shadowfen shortly after. And my health, stamina, magic bars are low again. I had to recharge a third time now. Then later went to The Rift. And what happend? Yes down again. What is going on here?
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    @Braggar - there is a bug regarding losing buffs after zoning, they are "aware and investigating."

I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Braggar - there is a bug regarding losing buffs after zoning, they are "aware and investigating."

Hey thank you. :)
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never mind my bad. :D
    Edited by Braggar on July 17, 2023 1:35AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another bug I encountered. And that one, is really annoying.

to5by6o6whzo.jpg

I equip the Oakensoul ring for my character. What happens? I can´t toggle from weapon 1, to weapon 2 anymore.
    Error message: Cannot weapon swap in your current state.
    That happens also, if I choosed weapon 2 before, and try to go for Weapon 1. How to fix it? Replace the ring, with a different one. That should be fixed ASAP.

That is not a bug, Oakensoul prevents bar-swapping by design.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA