The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Class Rating

yadibroz
yadibroz
✭✭✭
Sorceress - A+
Powerful but lack support
Templar - A
Awesome but lack defense
Dragonknight - B
Great not the best Lack Support
Nightblade - C+
Powerful single attack but lack multiple attacks and support
Warden - C-
It ok and would be better if ice be rework and make a warden not build as ice.
Necromancer - D-
Horrible there is no pet and not enough attack abilities but have great support.
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    And where is S tear ? )))
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar has no defense? So Sun Shield, Nova and Rune Focus don't do anything then. Could probably count Living Dark as well. Definitely nothing defensive here.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    And where is S tear ? )))

I just remove s and do a to d but you right sorceress is a s
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Templar has no defense? So Sun Shield, Nova and Rune Focus don't do anything then. Could probably count Living Dark as well. Definitely nothing defensive here.

Well rune focus can be good is increase the healing and sun shield can be useful sometimes and nova too and living dark is useless so they good but not worth using it.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    This tier list is the most meaningless, questionable tier list I have ever seen for this game.

You even dont tell us what you are rating here. PVP, PVE, Solo, Damage Dealer, Healer, Tank? What?

And if I see Sorcerer as A+ while others are far below and even completely wrong spelled (its Sorcerer not Sorceress) I am really wondering on what this is based.

Sorcerer is among the worst classes right now. In PVP almost nothing of its toolkit works or is remotely strong. The only - and its really the only halfway decent thing left, is streak, but even this is far inferior to stealth and to the shade teleport the nightblade has, while the nightblade is additionally in literally any regard better. So if your ranking is based on PVP, its complete nonsense because no way nightblade (best) would be ranked lower than sorcerer (worst, except the stam version is at least halfway decent).

For Solo play the Sorcerer has the least self buffs of all classes, lacks a reliable burst heal and you have to sacrifice survivability or damage to be remotely good at the other aspect solo, so its not in a great spot, too. Almost any other class does better. Just with Oakensoul the Sorcerer gets a decent Solo class (because it the ring provides plenty buffs, some which are otherwise hard to get for the sorcerer). So again, bottom end.

As Healer? Warden, Templar are definetly better, probably even Nightblades right now and still Necromancers are better. Mostly because of the buff situation and lack of class heals on the sorcerer side. Bottom end (even not as bad as dragon knight).

As Tank? Ok this is something the class is good at (at least in PVE) and easy to play. But even in this category the dragon knight definetly overall beats the sorcerer. Definetly not A+.

As Damage Dealer? They are ok and can reach (at least single target) high damage output, as literally any other class can but they are still not the top dog (usually others are still better) and in some situations (cleave) they are even again bottom end.

So they are in almost any aspect bottom end or even worst, how can they be A+ or even S tier?

I also could have picked nightblade and warden because both are in almost any aspect (except tanking for nightblades) at least on par and very often, sometimes even by a big extend better than the sorcerer or are even overal the absolute top. Rating them C+ or C- just doesnt make any sense at all.

The other classes are also not very fitting...

Rolling dices probably had resulted in a better and more meaningful tier list...
    Edited by KilianDermoth on December 29, 2022 1:41PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this from a pvp perspective? I don't agree with much of this.

I've seen some examples of strong sorcs and templars, but mostly in battlegrounds, and mostly just crutching on their respective executes.

Really good players aside (because they can make anything look good,) I don't think the average sorc or templar is better than the average DK or Warden.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    This tier list is the most meaningless, questionable tier list I have ever seen for this game.

You even dont tell us what you are rating here. PVP, PVE, Solo, Damage Dealer, Healer, Tank? What?

And if I see Sorcerer as A+ while others are far below and even completely wrong spelled (its Sorcerer not Sorceress) I am really wondering on what this is based.

Sorcerer is among the worst classes right now. In PVP almost nothing of its toolkit works or is remotely strong. The only - and its really the only halfway decent thing left, is streak, but even this is far inferior to stealth and to the shade teleport the nightblade has, while the nightblade is additionally in literally any regard better. So if your ranking is based on PVP, its complete nonsense because no way nightblade (best) would be ranked lower than sorcerer (worst, except the stam version is at least halfway decent).

For Solo play the Sorcerer has the least self buffs of all classes, lacks a reliable burst heal and you have to sacrifice survivability or damage to be remotely good at the other aspect solo, so its not in a great spot, too. Almost any other class does better. Just with Oakensoul the Sorcerer gets a decent Solo class (because it the ring provides plenty buffs, some which are otherwise hard to get for the sorcerer). So again, bottom end.

As Healer? Warden, Templar are definetly better, probably even Nightblades right now and still Necromancers are better. Mostly because of the buff situation and lack of class heals on the sorcerer side. Bottom end (even not as bad as dragon knight).

As Tank? Ok this is something the class is good at (at least in PVE) and easy to play. But even in this category the dragon knight definetly overall beats the sorcerer. Definetly not A+.

As Damage Dealer? They are ok and can reach (at least single target) high damage output, as literally any other class can but they are still not the top dog (usually others are still better) and in some situations (cleave) they are even again bottom end.

So they are in almost any aspect bottom end or even worst, how can they be A+ or even S tier?

I also could have picked nightblade and warden because both are in almost any aspect (except tanking for nightblades) at least on par and very often, sometimes even by a big extend better than the sorcerer or are even overal the absolute top. Rating them C+ or C- just doesnt make any sense at all.

The other classes are also not very fitting...

Rolling dices probably had resulted in a better and more meaningful tier list...

It for pve not pvp
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Is this from a pvp perspective? I don't agree with much of this.

I've seen some examples of strong sorcs and templars, but mostly in battlegrounds, and mostly just crutching on their respective executes.

Really good players aside (because they can make anything look good,) I don't think the average sorc or templar is better than the average DK or Warden.

Only pve Solo
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No real need for ratings when essentially they all play exactly the same based on if you're Mag or Stam.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh a PvE solo ranking. My bad!
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer is most definitely not A+ right now. If anything, it's in D class.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Oooh a PvE solo ranking. My bad!

I'm trying to main warden and necromancer but both suck like first ice don't fit on warden it need more ice abilities that the problem and necromancer well he don't have a pet like I wish the skull would be a pet and I use him as dps with a restoration staff which make sense because he a healer but still suck so I don't know what to do.
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    Sorcerer is most definitely not A+ right now. If anything, it's in D cla
    I'm trying to main warden and necromancer but both suck like first ice don't fit on warden it need more ice abilities that the problem and necromancer well he don't have a pet like I wish the skull would be a pet and I use him as dps with a restoration staff which make sense because he a healer but still suck so I don't know what to do.ss.

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not having any problem with my wardens. But then.... I'm not messing about with ice. I solo. So my mains (all Redguard wardens for years now) are stam, some DW - but I'm moving those to 2h as it's really more effective. I have some magdens at lower levels, but they've never been as much fun.

And no, I don't really care what whoever says is "meta". I care about havintg fun my way. Which absolutely does NOT include group content.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I'm not having any problem with my wardens. But then.... I'm not messing about with ice. I solo. So my mains (all Redguard wardens for years now) are stam, some DW - but I'm moving those to 2h as it's really more effective. I have some magdens at lower levels, but they've never been as much fun.

And no, I don't really care what whoever says is "meta". I care about havintg fun my way. Which absolutely does NOT include group content.

What your build as warden because if ice don't work for me then I would use a bow with oakensoul ring but I don't know best gears for It except sergeant.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use oakensoul, with enough Hexos' Ward for the shield, plus night mother and hundings and either Sellistrix shoulder or some other monster stam shoulder (eh, not in game, can't remember what the other one is right now - doesn't matter, any monster stam shoulder works). Same stuff I've used for years other than the ring and Hexos for the shield. I'm doing a LOT better now than I used to, which I attribute entirely to the Hexos' Ward shield and oakensoul. I actually love being able to stay alive with half a dozen mobs pounding on me. Never had that before....

Ice would never work for me. No matter what game I've ever played, an ice build was SO not my option. Funny really, because my favorite season is winter....
    Edited by TaSheen on December 30, 2022 2:00AM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    I use oakensoul, with enough Hexos' Ward for the shield, plus night mother and hundings and either Sellistrix shoulder or some other monster stam shoulder (eh, not in game, can't remember what the other one is right now - doesn't matter, any monster stam shoulder works). Same stuff I've used for years other than the ring and Hexos for the shield. I'm doing a LOT better now than I used to, which I attribute entirely to the Hexos' Ward shield and oakensoul. I actually love being able to stay alive with half a dozen mobs pounding on me. Never had that before....

Ice would never work for me. No matter what game I've ever played, an ice build was SO not my option. Funny really, because my favorite season is winter....

Thank you I might need to get that set and do your way and yes ice is my favorite bur yea ice feel it don't work on the game no matter I keep trying to do it.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This tier list is fantastic

How would you rate them in PvE for dps(stam or mag), healing, and tanking, as well as PVP (stam and mag builds) separately.

Ex.
    PvE tank tier list

PvE dps (stam) tier list

PvE dps (mag) tier list

PvE healer tier list

etc
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    This tier list is fantastic

How would you rate them in PvE for dps(stam or mag), healing, and tanking, as well as PVP (stam and mag builds) separately.

Ex.
    PvE tank tier list

PvE dps (stam) tier list

PvE dps (mag) tier list

PvE healer tier list

etc

Just wondering what do people use the most as healer
    Warden or necromancer or templar and which is better.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rankings for PVE, PVP, and solo PVE differ significantly.
    BIG Streamers like Deltia, Lucky Ghost, (i am really missing Kristofer ESO and Nirnstorm!), Hack The Mino sometimes make youtube videos with theirs respectable opinions.
    PC EU
  • yadibroz
    yadibroz
    ✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    Rankings for PVE, PVP, and solo PVE differ significantly.
    BIG Streamers like Deltia, Lucky Ghost, (i am really missing Kristofer ESO and Nirnstorm!), Hack The Mino sometimes make youtube videos with theirs respectable opinions.

Only problem I don't see anyone trying to use a restoration staff mostly on necromancer or do a ice full warden they just do the same thing with sets that is important to get like requen or masterstorm but some are sergeant which own but that my point I wanna see at those those two things not same with lighting staff or so.