Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Impossible to create dark spaces in Aeylid Ruins?

Romilly
Romilly
✭✭✭
Hi,

I wanted to customise the seaside Aeylid ruins so that they seemed more like delves. So I made some Elsweyr Floors (they've massive), and created a huge wall blocking off the sea and sky, there are no gaps. But it looks just as light as it did before.

I then tried an experiment to eliminate light leakage - I created a cube on top of myself with them. There was no change in light... Thoughts? Am I doing something wrong?

I've played with various shadow settings etc, but to no avail.

0mmenheztqfx.png

TIA,
Rom

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know of any way to block lighting, unfortunately. You could try setting the Hourglass of Alkosh to midnight and see if that’s dark enough.
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    In real time 3D game engines most areas are constructed with an ambient light that automatically lights all surfaces in the map uniformly to a specific level. This is done to ensure all details of the environment are visible in some way or another. The ambient lighting in most houses is very high meaning it doesn't matter how much you enclose a room you won't get it dark because the surfaces are being told to emit as if light is reflecting off of them, even if there is no light hitting them.

That said night fall crates come to crown store later this month. There is an fx tendrill item in them that will actually apply a shadow effect over a small room sized area. This can be used to significantly darken rooms.