Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best gear for stamDK cp PvP?

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭✭
My toon is a werewolf too btw. I like to play both range and meele, for the sake of variety, any good gear for that? Or is it best to just stick with a relatively tanky meele build? I have tried Alcast’s Velidreth, Briarhrart and Hunding, but get essily killed and it hits like a wet noodle (maybe because I suck despite having 1400 cp)…
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 31, 2022 7:36PM
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am enjoying Deltia's suggestions. Currently trying out Daedric Trickery, Order's Wrath, Sea Serpent's Coil and Bloodspawn together, only I use a 2h instead of dw.
    It either feels incredibly godly and strong or I still get my backside handed to me in mere seconds, but I'm only at the stage of even trying to remember how to pvp right now and tend to fumble keys or do stupid things fairly often.
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jack-0 wrote: »
    I am enjoying Deltia's suggestions. Currently trying out Daedric Trickery, Order's Wrath, Sea Serpent's Coil and Bloodspawn together, only I use a 2h instead of dw.
    It either feels incredibly godly and strong or I still get my backside handed to me in mere seconds, but I'm only at the stage of even trying to remember how to pvp right now and tend to fumble keys or do stupid things fairly often.

I second this. I thinks it's called Vindicator. It makes Stam DK super fun to play in PvP. They are already really hard to kill and with his build you are unpredictable killing machine or fire and blunt force trauma
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit surprised that Deltia has a good build, but will try it out :) Any other suggestions?
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traditionally StamDK invested in Weapon Damage and Ult Gen. Ult Gen is our sustain and we have Minor Brutality. Minor Brutality has its strongest effect in the presence of sources of integer Weapon Damage and the absence of other percentile buffs to Weapon Damage (like from Medium Armor). Hence the old association with Heavy Armor Weapon Damage sets: there was a long meta of Fury, Seventh, and Bloodspawn, maybe 2016-2019. Traditionally any 5 piece related to Crit whatsoever was an inefficient choice for PvP StamDK, since the class was best with 2h/SnB and Heavy Armor - definitely not Bow. Briarheart is best with a Bow in my view - and Velidreth these days probably doesn't have a tooltip high enough to justify its easy dodgeability - at least not without decent Crit Chance (assuming Veli can crit), like you get with Bow.

These sets may be a good choice for the "Poison Rogue" style of StamDK, which may see some popularity with the revision to World in Ruin, but if you want to play the class in its traditional "Warrior" way then stick with Weapon Damage and Ult Gen. Not Crit, not Pen, and not Stam/Mag Regen. I haven't run the math but this is or should be a distinct feature of DK: Daedric Trickery is the best crafted backbarrable Sustain set, not Wretched Vitality. For a bothbar Ult Gen 5 piece I prefer Champion of the Hist, and Shalk's Exoskeleton is similar now that sets are hybridized. Hide of the Werewolf is an old popular choice if you want a Medium set. The newer backbarrable Heavy Dungeon sets, Arkasis and Drake's, are definitely strong choices, and Daring Corsair is a crafted frontbarrable option.

For either style of StamDK don't ignore Witch Knight's Defiance for a Weapon Damage set, the set is practically tailor made for StamDK in my opinion.

The general mathematical meta right now is probably Magma, Markyn, Wretched, and Rallying. I only use Markyn of those but I'm sure they all work well enough on StamDK, even if those 5 pieces aren't particularly suited to the class.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    subarctic wrote: »
    My toon is a werewolf too btw. I like to play both range and meele, for the sake of variety, any good gear for that? Or is it best to just stick with a relatively tanky meele build? I have tried Alcast’s Velidreth, Briarhrart and Hunding, but get essily killed and it hits like a wet noodle (maybe because I suck despite having 1400 cp)…

One easy upgrade is simply running the Engine Guardian monster set while staying mobile. Not only for the sustain, but because you'd be surprised how many people don't tab target in PvP. You will find a lot of your opponents will miss you and waste DPS and ultimates on your little robot buddy. Nothing funnier than watching a DK Leap your pet while you escape undamaged.

One caveat: a Streaking sorc will outrun the construct and make it despawn, so it's not a good choice for that class.

Edited by Jaraal on December 29, 2022 10:41AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tnx for detailed replies! I will get all these armor sets and try em out :):)
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post