Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Bugged - The Frozen Man

rachelstoolbox
No one is able to open the chest up high anymore. The chest has become non-interactive.

Personally I have tried dropping and restarting the quest. The dropping the quest, exiting the game, reloading the game, and picking it up again. Tried turning off mods and repeated both. Seems to be a server side issue.
Edited by rachelstoolbox on March 31, 2014 8:23AM
  • Varys
    Varys
    Soul Shriven
    Well, when I encountered this bug, I decided to continue on with the other quests. Came back and hour later to see an almost empty cave and a working chest.
    In other words, just be patient or come back later :smiley:
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Seems bugged to me, how long did you wait?
  • rachelstoolbox
    I did the same Varys, but when I came back to an empty cave it still wasn't working.
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was there again a few hours ago and there were three players standing around with the same problem. Chatted with them a bit -- chest not operable, in every case.
    Edited by knightblaster on April 1, 2014 1:14AM
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure to report it and/or open a support ticket.
  • rachelstoolbox
    Oh I did, filed a full bug report including all steps attempted to resolve the issue. For anyone unfamiliar with the process this should include:

- Disabling UI Mods
    - Reloading UI
    - Exit the Game and Reload the Game
    - Drop the Quest and Reacquire it
    - Reboot
    - Any combination of the above attempted together.
  • Varys
    Varys
    Soul Shriven
    AstroCat wrote: »
    Seems bugged to me, how long did you wait?

Maybe an hour? Must have been pure luck. Apparently no one can be in the room for some stuff to spawn.
  • willks
    willks
    it's working now, i just opened the chest right now
  • Psi
    Psi
    This was bugged for me for a good couple of hours. All I did was keep returning and trying it again, logged out for 45 mins or so right beside chest, just logged back in right now and it was lootable/interactive. Quest complete!
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked, still bugged.
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, just checked after "maintenance" and it's all fixed. Yeah! 1 down! :wink:
  • Berlocky
    Berlocky
    I had the crash the 3 times I tried to enter into the Frozen Man's Lair. I solved the problem by disabling all the addons before I log in with my DK. As the load screen faded, I was inside the place. Hope it helps!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zones and caves reset after a certain amount of time. Not sure exactly how long but usually 30 minutes will do the trick.

Whenever /reloadui doesn't fix the problem i just leave the zone for 1/2 an hour or so and more often than not, things work afterwards ...
    :)
  • ubermacro
    ubermacro
    Odd... had this happen to me last night, quick re-log of my character fixed it.
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    it was fine when I did it before maintenence.

It seems these quests break real easily when more than one person is interacting with an entitiy. that was what was happening with quests like the Abomination quest.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same thing happened to me and a re-log solved the issue.