Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5 disconnects in 1 hour, unplayable lag, horrendous performance this holiday season

UnabashedlyHonest
UnabashedlyHonest
✭✭✭✭✭
Cyrodiil performance is declining horribly again. I think the addition of target markers is playing a role, but whatever it is, this holiday season has seen a dramatic decline in Cyrodiil performance. You can't even get close to a major fight now without major lag spikes and often disconnecting.

Performance this holiday season has been as bad or worse than before the server "upgrade".

There is no excuse for performance this horrible.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just in PvP. Even random normal dungeons to use up your enlightenment are having massive lag and disconnect issues.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil performance is declining horribly again. I think the addition of target markers is playing a role, but whatever it is, this holiday season has seen a dramatic decline in Cyrodiil performance. You can't even get close to a major fight now without major lag spikes and often disconnecting.

Performance this holiday season has been as bad or worse than before the server "upgrade".

Not saying I don't believe you, what makes you think it's the target system?
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Kevin

Can we please get some ackwoledgement of the performance issues that have RETURNED to PC NA?

About 5 months post server upgrade we started to see a bit of lag creeping back on to PC/NA's cyrodiil campaigns, but since u36 dropped is has become exponentially worse. We are right back to the level of performance we had before the server upgrade. Every single night there are massive ability delays, disconnects, and easily observable general lag across the entire map. Even standing at the gate during prime time, you can observe this lag simply by mounting, as mounting experiences the same delay that abilities do.

What happened? Why did U36 set us back so far? Was the allocated server capacity reduced? I do not understand how the performance has degraded in this manner when almost nothing was changed.

Please reply to this issue. The community is desperate to understand what is happening. We experienced this lag for 6 years straight, and to see it return after being fixed only a short 7 months ago is crushing us.
    Edited by React on December 27, 2022 5:45PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    React wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Kevin

Can we please get some ackwoledgement of the performance issues that have RETURNED to PC NA?

About 5 months post server upgrade we started to see a bit of lag creeping back on to PC/NA's cyrodiil campaigns, but since u36 dropped is has become exponentially worse. We are right back to the level of performance we had before the server upgrade. Every single night there are massive ability delays, disconnects, and easily observable general lag across the entire map. Even standing at the gate during prime time, you can observe this lag simply by mounting, as mounting experiences the same delay that abilities do.

What happened? Why did U36 set us back so far? Was the allocated server capacity reduced? I do not understand how the performance has degraded in this manner when almost nothing was changed.

Please reply to this issue. The community is desperate to understand what is happening. We experienced this lag for 6 years straight, and to see it return after being fixed only a short 7 months ago is crushing us.

Happening on PlayStation too. Just so much lag, bluescreens, unable to bar swap...the population is only going to keep declining from here on out
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last few months have been the opposite for me. I very rarely have issues with lag. I used to rage quit because of it. Not sure why some people suffer from lag while others don't. The only thing that sticks out to me is I don't use proc sets. But I'm sure lag isn't as simple as that.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    ProudMary wrote: »
    It's not just in PvP. Even random normal dungeons to use up your enlightenment are having massive lag and disconnect issues.

Jeeze tell me about it!!! A few days ago I had such a terrible time just attempting to practice some combos on random mobs while collecting skyshards that I just threw my hands in the air and gave up. I'm taking a break from the game again. We'll see how long it lasts but I really am not feeling the itch to go back in a deal with the lag even when doing basic stuff like using doors much less actually trying to fight other players.

(Seriously, I can usually tolerate some dumb things in lag but when the doors don't work I just become irrationally and inexcusably upset...)
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, no disconnects, not often anyways, but horrendous feeling of my actions are translated waay too slow in the game. Like I can almost feel the drag of my character when I move around, turn around like there's this a second or two delay to them. My real favorite is when none of my actions work despite having input them. Boy, do I love being unable to barswap and use wrong ult, and wasting my resources casting wrong abilities and at times not being able to block, break free, dodge roll. Or be in an invisible negate that wont't let me use ult on time (3 seconds is my highest time taken for my char to use ult as commanded). Maybe just maybe, they should roll back whatever they did with Firesong.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping Wednesday's maintenance would help things, but it did not.

Last night I sat through a queue of 55. Once entering cyrodiil I rode up to a keep with a big fight and immediately disconnected. It took 8 attempts getting the "lost lobby connection" error before finally getting back in. Then lag was pretty horrible once I finally did get back in.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even blackreach is starting to lag on PC NA without even being pop locked. Last night there were multiple times at 1AM eastern in a nearly empty blackreach where there was random severe ability delay, as if I was in prime time grayhost. Went to stormhaven for some duels, and everyone there was complaining about lag/delays/high ping.

This is nearly as bad, and in some cases even worse, as it was pre-server replacement. What is going on??? Can someone please ackwoledge this??

How can you completely fix the lag AFTER 6 YEARS only to have it return in full force 7 months later?

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a PS5 player who hasn't been bothered to log in to my preferred activity (Cyrodiil PVP) in many months due to the sheer unplayability. Please, please tell me, PC players, that your Cyrodiil PVP is playable after the "server upgrades" you have allegedly had (ahead of other platforms). This is, literally, my (and many others) LAST hope.
    • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
    • CP 2400+
    • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
    • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
    • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50