The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Y´ffres Tree

derkaiserliche
derkaiserliche
✭✭✭✭
Is this really just a single tree for 3k crowns or is the description wrong?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is one tree, that you can activate to cycle through the seasons. Each season also has falling leaf particle effects (except winter, which is falling snow).

This is in line with other activatable furnishings (the statues) they've had before.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ough. It really should’ve been an achievement furnishing so people can fill a house with them…
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Ough. It really should’ve been an achievement furnishing so people can fill a house with them…

It's so expensive for one tree...
  • Evarelia
    Evarelia
    ✭✭✭
    It is one tree, that you can activate to cycle through the seasons. Each season also has falling leaf particle effects (except winter, which is falling snow).

This is in line with other activatable furnishings (the statues) they've had before.

Except it's less than half the size...
    Edited by Evarelia on December 22, 2022 8:50PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evarelia wrote: »

Except it's less than half the size...

I was wondering about the size, as well as how some of the textures look outside of preview. The different particle effects would be the main appeal, at least to me, but much less so if it’s not as large as the wonderful Blooming Gingko tree.

It does also seem expensive for ONE tree. A forest with falling snow, petals, or leaves would be lovely, while a single tree…
  • Evarelia
    Evarelia
    ✭✭✭
    Well okay it's not as small as I thought. Tis still a lot. One statue makes sense. But one tree? Oof :(
  • KitsuneShoujo
    KitsuneShoujo
    ✭✭✭
    1k crowns would have been more reasonable, but their crown store is just about as bad as swtor's.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evarelia wrote: »
    Well okay it's not as small as I thought. Tis still a lot. One statue makes sense. But one tree? Oof :(

I got to see one in someone’s house and it’s a good size in my opinion. It’s cool, but to me, it isn’t a statement piece like the Statue of Meridia. Perhaps if it were a larger, more detailed, truly beautiful tree in any of it’s seasons, but to me, it looks decent but not striking on it’s own. It is the type of furnishing I would like several of at a lower price to contribute to the ambiance of a setting.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its just a mostly generic tree, but with contrast turned up on the colours and with some particles. Plenty of cheaper options readily available in game that can achieve the same effect.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea i really hoped this would be a tree package for 5k crowns probably including minimum 5 trees/flowers/bushes.

But a single tree for 3k is crazy. It doesnt even have great effects.

Maybe they hoped people would buy the reduced crowns and then directly buy 3 or 4 trees..
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The price on this thing is a real non-starter. I was looking forward to collecting a handful, but at that price it's just not happening. There's no point in grabbing just one, because as others have said, it doesn't make a big enough impact to be a statement piece.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, but the snowy version is so tempting. They're killing me with things I need for Crowns right now. Those crates, too, my God, Zenimax. You know exactly what I want. All the cats and druid stuff, and my Bosmer needs this, and my houses need that. And I'm excited for possible long-awaited Overland additions for next year, so I'm just blowing all my money right now in anticipation. Please don't let me down. :grimace:
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I bought two of the trees and I absolutely love them. The snowy activation is exactly what I needed. o:)

But, I do concede that they are entirely too expensive, and this was a huge splurge. I also would very much love to see a pack of trees instead of just one. Trees of varying sizes, which all have the falling leaf/snow effects, all sold together in a bundle. That would be really amazing. It would be a huge seller, for sure.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got gifted a couple.
    Cireous wrote: »
    So, I bought two of the trees and I absolutely love them. The snowy activation is exactly what I needed. o:)

But, I do concede that they are entirely too expensive, and this was a huge splurge. I also would very much love to see a pack of trees instead of just one. Trees of varying sizes, which all have the falling leaf/snow effects, all sold together in a bundle. That would be really amazing. It would be a huge seller, for sure.

I was gifted some, and now that I've seen them up close I do love them! Why is the price so out of line?! 😭 I agree, a bundle like you suggest would be a good way to go about it.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »

was looking forward to the tree chaining colors

Somehow
    got this as it's free

these prices are insane to think that you only get 1 tree for 30$

Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the pricing had been more reasonable (say, 1K crowns per tree) I would have bought a dozen of them. Since it's stupidly expensive, I'm not buying a single one. My housing guild has been full of people saying the same thing. Pricing decisions matter.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Pricing decisions matter.

Definitely. And you can also see it in a different context - or has anyone ever seen one of these two-seater horses? Not me.

• Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    I really would like this tree but at 3k crowns i decided against it.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, isn't the tree also really similar to some models available in game? haha it just.... changes colors and has leaves falling. Def not worth 3k, but then again.... Zenimax seems to overcharge for most things so hahahahaaaa
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1k crowns would have been more reasonable, but their crown store is just about as bad as swtor's.

but with a difference that, as far as I remember, any item bought in swtor's store could be then sold to other players for credits, right?
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."