Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sacred Hourglass of Alkosh

Arthanas96
Arthanas96
Soul Shriven
So I just got the hourglass and was really excited to use it in all my houses as they're all best viewed at night.
So far I love it.
However I've noticed something odd.
The deadlands windows only cast light at certain times and the hourglass doesn't seem to set to any of those times as I cycled through them all and the windows remained off.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Or would activating the hourglass when they are on permanently activate the windows?
Or might this he a small bug?
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloudy weather can cause the windows to not project light, if memory serves, I could be misremembering that but if you try to use the hourglass to turn off the lights when they're working that'd probably confirm how it works.
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    Arthanas96 wrote: »
    The deadlands windows only cast light at certain times and the hourglass doesn't seem to set to any of those times as I cycled through them all and the windows remained off.

Some furnishings like this one depend of weather. So if the sun is shining, it casts light and for example if it rains or it is foggy it wont. The hourglass just changes the time of day, not the weather. The weather still happens.
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • Arthanas96
    Arthanas96
    Soul Shriven
    Dammit 😂 I can't even see the weather in wraithhome because of how I did it 😭
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love it. May just be the best event reward to date.

But, now we need one that changes the weather.

I need noisy gusts of wind and snow flurries at Autumns Gate.

:relieved:<3
  • Ugrak
    Ugrak
    ✭✭✭
    The hourglass is a great tool. Weather setting would also be very nice for setting the atmosphere of our little pocket oblivion realms.

What I've wanted the most over the years however has been the ability to set the zone music of the home. Music boxes only go so far.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just got the hourglass myself, didn't check the windows before using it but they were projecting light when the time was set both to sunrise and midnight, so I doubt that it influences when they project light since that's likely still bound to 'real time.'
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hourglass also will not disable the permanent dark brotherhood stained glass windows in the Erstwhile sanctuary. I've covered them with large rocks, but the projection still appears, regardless of the hourglass settings.
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my Strident Springs Demesne the hourglass setting and window illumination are consistent.

Maybe it depends on the house or other unknown factors.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone used this in the Psijic Villa? I set it to midday, and the light streaming in the left wing bedroom windows is at different angles. It looks very odd.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    Has anyone used this in the Psijic Villa? I set it to midday, and the light streaming in the left wing bedroom windows is at different angles. It looks very odd.

I set mine on dawn and all is fine so idk
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • SlyReynard
    SlyReynard
    ✭✭✭
    I have mine on midnight at Linchal Grand Manor and the light projections only work sporadically. So it's the weather then? This was driving me crazy.
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    As I posted earlier to this thread:
    Some furnishings like this one depend of weather. So if the sun is shining, it casts light and for example if it rains or it is foggy it wont. The hourglass just changes the time of day, not the weather. The weather still happens.
    SlyReynard wrote: »
    I have mine on midnight at Linchal Grand Manor and the light projections only work sporadically. So it's the weather then? This was driving me crazy.

EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar