Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Old Life Observance spirits (2022 edition)

Maitsukas
Maitsukas
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the list of spirits and requirements for them to appear in the Old Life Observance quest:

2020 onwards:
  • Captain Nala-do (Cadwell the Betrayer, Northern Elsweyr Main Quest)
  • Earl Leythen (The Crystal Tower, Summerset Main Quest)
  • High Priestess Solgra (Long Live the King, Wrothgar Main Quest (her fate depends on the choice you make during The Anger of a King))
  • Kassandra (The Remnant of Argon, Murkmire Main Quest)
  • Khali/Shazah (The Den of Lorkhaj, Reaper's March Main Quest (their fate depends on the choice you make during Motes in the Moonlight))
  • King Kurog (Long Live the King, Wrothgar Main Quest)
  • King Lalorian Dynar (The Final Assault, Coldharbour Main Quest)
  • Little Leaf (Dawn of the Exalted Viper, Craglorn Main Quest)
  • Prince Naemon (Striking at the Heart, Greenshade Main Quest)
  • Ritemaster Iachesis (Lost in Translation, Summerset Main Quest)
  • Varen Aquilarios (God of Schemes, The Planemeld Main Quest)
  • Veya Releth (The Crystal Tower, Summerset Main Quest)
2021 onwards:
  • Indistinct Spirit (No quests required)
  • Queen Gerhyld (Dark Clouds Over Solitude, Western Skyrim Main Quest)
  • Destron (Pyre of Ambition, Blackwood Main Quest)
  • Sombren (Ambition's End, Gates of Oblivion Epilogue Quest)

If you spot any new spirits, feel free to share images of them and I will update the list.
PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be slightly off-topic, but somehow this list made me realize again how different storytelling was in Morrowind and Summerset and how it is recently. The deaths of some characters back then really seemed impactful. This year's deaths? Not so much.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    Might be slightly off-topic, but somehow this list made me realize again how different storytelling was in Morrowind and Summerset and how it is recently. The deaths of some characters back then really seemed impactful. This year's deaths? Not so much.

I agree - I've been looking at this list and thinking "what significant characters even died this year?"
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there was a whole bunch that died on Galen, but there was no real emotional attachment because their depiction was so bland.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did this quest for years now and didn't pay attention the ghosts were dead npcs from previous stories
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think I’ve ever gotten anything but the indistinct spirit. Guess I need to prioritize doing this on my main. :p
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't check it yet. But do we have any way to get the event rewards by playing the game normally, or do we need to do those boring quests that everybody already did millions of times ages ago?
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you know who they are?
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »

They have nameplates, so it is straightforward as long as you are looking in the right direction at the right time.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many Indistinct Spirits
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    I didn't check it yet. But do we have any way to get the event rewards by playing the game normally, or do we need to do those boring quests that everybody already did millions of times ages ago?

In past years I would grind out all of the quests on several characters. Now I do just enough quests to get the new style page and the event tickets and then I go about my business. There just isn't a whole lot of value for me to play the same set of quests over and over and over again for this event.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    7 days on 4 characters, all of which have done all the main story quests to date - no new ghosts
    PC EU
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen any new ghosts either. I've had the following:
    • King Lalorian Dynar
    • Sombren (x3)
    • Queen Gerhyld
    • Varen Aquilarios
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw
    Sombren or whatever his name is
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not fully participating this year, so I've only done the shrine quest a few times. I've seen:
    • Little Leaf - have no idea who this is. Obviously didn't leave an impression
    • Queen Gerhyld
    • Sombren
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve had:
    • The Prophet
    • Little Leaf
    • Queen Gerhyld
    • Ritemaster Iachesis
    • Destron
    • Queen Gerhyld again
    • King Kurog

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AzuraFan wrote: »
    I'm not fully participating this year, so I've only done the shrine quest a few times. I've seen:
    • Little Leaf - have no idea who this is. Obviously didn't leave an impression
    • Queen Gerhyld
    • Sombren
    Little Leaf is part of the upper Craglorn quest line that involves the scaled court.
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Little Leaf is part of the upper Craglorn quest line that involves the scaled court.

Thanks. I think I did that quest line a while ago. I probably don't remember anything because I've only done it once. None of my alts made it to Craglorn.

• Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the quest almost every day since the start of the event (it's the fastest, that's the main reason for me, to be honest) but only encountered old characters (Solgra, the Ayleid king, Iachesis, Gerhyld, Sombren). Did anyone see a new ghost? I get the feeling they didn't add new ones this year?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think they added new ghosts this year
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No new ghosts seen here either.

Sad that ZOS have abandoned this ancient tradition so quickly.
    PC EU
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw Ritemaster Iachesis yesterday and Veren the day before.

I miss those guys.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've pretty much seen everyone that my character had the right to see (Khali, King Dynar, Varen, Veya, Leythan, Prince Naemon, Ritemaster Iachesis) and not a single one from High Isle or Firesong. Though frankly, none of the people who died there were particularly memorable and, aside from Count Mornard (and maybe Frii, if the rules apply to it), if any of them showed up I would likely struggle to recall who they even were.
    PC EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amig186 wrote: »
    Though frankly, none of the people who died there were particularly memorable

Not only that. I could imagine not updating the Old Life quest could be just another oversight (just like contradictory lore about ToT and the stupid Naryu dialogue at the Zenithar festival).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is disappointing :disappointed:. Slightly off topic but I wish the indistinct spirit would go away or be less common… its most of what I see and it just makes me sad. The real npcs are much more meaningful.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Well this is disappointing :disappointed:. Slightly off topic but I wish the indistinct spirit would go away or be less common… its most of what I see and it just makes me sad. The real npcs are much more meaningful.

I think it's random. I've done the quest every day since New Life began, and only gotten the indistinct spirit twice.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    blktauna wrote: »

They have nameplates, so it is straightforward as long as you are looking in the right direction at the right time.

A I did not have nameplates turned on. ty!
    PCNA
    PCEU