Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Bug? 2-coin from Hunding patron

rbfrgsp
rbfrgsp
✭✭✭✭✭
I have seen this for certain a few times now - I flip the Hundings patron and receive TWO gold instantly.

I cannot for the life of me work out where the second gold is coming from and suspect it is a bug.

This only happens in games with Druid King.

Only happens when flipping from Unfavoured to Favoured.

My first thoughts are that it is either a Druid card that is triggering and giving me an extra gold even though Hundings does not create a card in my cooldown, so Druid should not activate;

Or: some bug whereby the unique Hundings action of skipping the neutral alignment is now counting as two activations in a single action in some circumstances and rewarding me twice.

There is a third option, that everything is working as it's supposed to, and I am forgetting some other card synergy here.

Whichever it is, I'd be curious to know if anyone else has seen this, and if there is a genuine explanation.
Edited by rbfrgsp on December 13, 2022 3:00PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it has been awhile since ive used the hunding deck, but your theories sound plausible if it is only happening with the druid deck, but i cannot see how it would be triggering a druid passive

it sounds like its some kind of weird bug
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was doing this before Firesong on the console.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was doing this before Firesong on the console.

Can you describe situations where it happened? I never clocked it once until the most recent dlc and have seen it several times now since then.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @rbfrgsp So if I understand correctly, when you pay the 2 power to flip Hundlings, you immediately get 2 gold. I've seen this happen when going from neutral to favored and unfavored to favored, as once its flipped there is no more neutral. This happens all the time, with or without Druid King, at least on console. I was under the impression that this is how Hundlings is designed to work. Firesong only added a sound effect when you get the gold.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it *should* only be one gold. The glitch means I have received 2-gold upon activation on several occasions.

My min concern is that, if it's a replicable bug, then some players will have worked out the conditions and be exploiting it.