The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please, sell main quest removal upgrade.

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm in need of space on the quest journal, and one free slot will be already a great help. On all my alt characters I have the main quest forced that I never picked, and I already complete all main quests on my main character. So, it's there just wasting one space that I could give some good use. I've been searching and trying everything I can to remove those quests, but seems that it's impossible ate our end. Meanwhile I was already informed, here on forum, that some lucky players got it removed after contacting support. I tried that too, but seems that support is no longer helping players with that problem. I can understand that... it would be a lot of work to do that to thousands of players. That's why I thought in suggest a Crown Upgrade to remove the main quest for players who already complete it on one character. It would be great help!
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can just delete your main quest in the jounal and pick it up later again or not?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just delete your main quest in the jounal and pick it up later again or not?

Not in my account. The main quest was forced on all my alts, I never picked it. And for some weird reason I'm unable to remove it. I already read on forum that new players were free to decide it, and that the support helped some other players to remove the main quest from their journal. But my account is old, I'm playing since release, and seems that they don't allow the removal of the main quest on old accounts. That's why I'm suggesting it for the Crown store, it would be a way to pay them for the service fixing this.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't consider all my alts to be The Vestige. I only have one of those. My other alts were rescued from Coldharbor or started their stories in DLC Chapters. I'd be happy for the Main Quest to be optional and not forced on us.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, absolutely not. This should not be a monetized thing. This would be the silliest case of "solution selling"* I've ever seen. This IS a weird problem, but instead we should be interrogating why support can't/won't help, and why abandoning the quest just isn't an option. I'd say start a topic in the general forums, leave a feedback ticket, and try support again to see if you'll get a more helpful rep. Don't be so eager to open your wallet over something so silly.

*If you're not familiar with the phrase, "solution selling" refers to when a game's company creates a restriction/problem in the game and then sells the solution in their store.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, absolutely not. This should not be a monetized thing. This would be the silliest case of "solution selling"* I've ever seen. This IS a weird problem, but instead we should be interrogating why support can't/won't help, and why abandoning the quest just isn't an option. I'd say start a topic in the general forums, leave a feedback ticket, and try support again to see if you'll get a more helpful rep. Don't be so eager to open your wallet over something so silly.

*If you're not familiar with the phrase, "solution selling" refers to when a game's company creates a restriction/problem in the game and then sells the solution in their store.

This is not my first attempt to find a solution for this old problem. I started searching for addons or third-party fixes to remove the main quest from the journal. Never find anything even close.

Recently I suggested here on the forum to increase the number of quest we can store. It would help a lot. But looks like many players don't need more and are against the increase for players in need. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622813/increase-the-number-of-missions-that-can-be-stored-on-journal/

I also contacted support, I sent a feedback ticket and the help was rejected. Support is no longer removing the main quest.

That's why I decided to suggest this. I'm aware of the "solution selling" thing, but this problem has 8 years already, it'll never be fixed if we are not willing to pay for the service. I admit that I find this awful and a perfect abomination that they don't fix this freely for all. But at this point I need it so much that I don't mind to pay up to 5000 crowns to get an account wide fix to this problem.

I have no more ideas on how to solve it.
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish we could abandon base main quests, I've had a decent few bugs in them that could be solved by abandoning + retaking
    Edited by StormBlade512 on December 19, 2022 1:32PM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish we could abandon base main quests, I've had a decent few bugs in them that could be solved by abandoning + retaking

That's another good reason. The forced main quests are really weird. We all know that we can do a lot even if we decide to don't play those quests, and we always heard "play the way you want to play"... but then they keep forcing us the main quests, even after we complete all in another character.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caldwell's silver and gold are the ones that need to be removable. Sheesh, those are obnoxious and completely useless.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just thinking in another possible solution to remove the main quests from our alt characters...

What about selling the completion of main quest on alts once a player have it completed on the main character?

Basically like what's already possible for skill lines and skyshards.

Probably no one will ever do the main quests on all characters, and there's not even achievements for it now, so, selling the completion of it on alts wouldn't have any impact in the game in any way and we would get rid of those quests from the journal and even get free of those annoying quest delivers running after us.

What do you think?
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main quest is the foundation for many mechanics in basic existence of player character and should never be removed. You can headcanon whatever you want and roleplay as non-vestige but don't touch the main quest. It should be there. It was given to the player in all single titles regardless of their wishes and it will be the same here.

Removal of the main quest lock in the journal will also encourage the toxic groups already existing in the community who shame fellow players for having the main character at all! If you don't like the Vestige just ignore it. Be special in your own way without being toxic.

Removal will also confuse new players even more. Imagine someone accidentally removing MQ from their journal.
    Edited by TiaFrye on January 19, 2023 10:26AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    I was just thinking in another possible solution to remove the main quests from our alt characters...

What about selling the completion of main quest on alts once a player have it completed on the main character?

What do you think?

In general, if the answer to a problem is "sell it in the cash shop", something more obvious is being missed. :smile:

As for the main quest, this is the one quest that is always there until completion. I am pretty sure they do this so that players don't find themselves wondering how to start the main quest because they abandoned it and now they can't find where to go to pick it up.

The solution, in this case, seems to be to do one of the other quests to open up the spot in the quest log or to increase the number of quests that the character can have active at one time.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    Removal will also confuse new players even more. Imagine someone accidentally removing MQ from their journal.

I don't think so. They could just add it to Stories in Collection, like all DLCs.

We should be able to add and remove it anytime. But since they are too lazy to fix it, I'm suggesting a paid solution as a motivation.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or you could just treat it as it is. You just have whatever the amount of quest slots is minus one. If your journal is getting overcrowded I doubt that one more slot would make much of a difference. Asking for more monetization is hardly a solution to anything.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sucks that you can't remove it and that support can't do it either (which is very weird, maybe it's because the code involved is old, and it would take time for someone to do it, who knows). I wonder if you did the main quest, would Caldwell's silver/gold be removable then? Obviously not a viable solution it terms of time, but just wondering...
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need to spend money on something you can quite easily ignore? some people are way too eager with their wallets...
    PC EU
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need to spend money on something you can quite easily ignore? some people are way too eager with their wallets...

How can you ignore being constantly without of space on quest journal? It doesn't even make any sense.

Anyway, I see that you don't read much before react. Let me make it easy for you: I already tried other ways not involving payments, also, I'm not suggesting something with an intention to be forced to all players, if you are ok you should be free to not pay for it.

If you don't have your quest journal filled or you can ignore not having free space there, great for you! I'm really happy for you. Just don't be so eager to block other players' needs. :wink:
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just complete some of your other quests and clear them from the journal!!!!
    I've run out of space in quest log on alts too, a lot, but when it happens I just go and complete some quests! Such a simple solution, really.
    I don't even understand the issue.... If you are big on doing the other quests with your alts one would think you'd complete a questline (or a quest) when you pick it up and then it would be gone. If you are just picking up every random quest you come across but not completing it, then why pick it up at all and it just creates the problem you're struggling to deal with.

Even the Caldwell's Silver and Gold. While maybe annoying, it does have its reward. Completing the Silver still gets you a motif book that you can get absolutely no other way in the game (Soul Shriven) for those that like to complete, and there are other rewards for both.

I agree with others, don't monetize more of the game. Start with this, paying to delete quests, and then it's why not just offer a Crown item to complete all the quests at once and be done with it... in which case of course, one wonders why even play the game.

I don't think anyone is 'blocking' your needs... you've posted on a forum and others have expressed their opinions. If you expected everyone would agree and push for the same, it doesn't always go that way.
    Edited by Alastrine on January 26, 2023 3:12AM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »
    Just complete some of your other quests and clear them from the journal!!!!

I'm not asking for suggestion on how I should play the game. I just need 1 or more free slots in the journal. That's all. I already explained it here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/622813/increase-the-number-of-missions-that-can-be-stored-on-journal/ ...when I just asked for the "increase the number of missions that can be stored on journal", but I'll explain again for you.

So here is a list of the 23 quests that I have permanently active on all my characters:

> CYROIIL
    - Capture Any Nine Resources (rarely complete in one day)
    - Kill Enemy Players (rarely complete in one day)
    > WROTHGAR
    - Veteran Maelstrom Arena (rarely complete in one day)
    > BATTLEGROUND
    - To the Victor / Games Begin (rarely complete in one day)
    > COMPANION
    - Mirri Quest (trash I can't delete)
    - Bastian Quest (trash I can't delete)
    - Ember Quest (trash I can't delete)
    - Isobel Quest (trash I can't delete)
    > CRAFTING
    - Alchemist Writ (can clear but still need the space for next day)
    - Blacksmith Writ (can clear but still need the space for next day)
    - Clothier Writ (can clear but still need the space for next day)
    - Enchanter Writ (can clear but still need the space for next day)
    - Jewelry Writ (can clear but still need the space for next day)
    - Provisioner Writ (can clear but still need the space for next day)
    - Woodworker Writ (can clear but still need the space for next day)
    > GUILD
    - Dark Anchors (always active to do when I please)
    - Madness (always active to do when I please)
    - The Spirit Trap (always active to do when I please)
    > MAIN QUEST
    - The Harborage (trash I can't delete)
    > TALES OF TRIBUTE
    - Dueling Tributes (rarely complete in one day)
    > UNDAUNTED PLEDGE
    - Pledge (can clear but still need the space for next day)

NOTE: At this moment I just need to delete the main quest on my alts so I can add "Vateshran Hollows" (rarely complete in one day). I'm perfectly aware that player who don't need more slots hate the idea of adding more for those who play like me, so, that's why I suggested a paid alternative -- Only after contacting support requesting the removal of the main quests and suggesting various free solutions. Recently I even suggested selling the completion of main quest on alts once a player have it completed on the main character -- Basically like what's already possible for skill lines and skyshards.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > GUILD

No reason to keep these in the Journal, you can grab them any time to do as you please. Even grabbing these quests and doing them takes no more time than having them on "standby"

Edited by Nestor on January 26, 2023 3:48AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    > GUILD

No reason to keep these in the Journal, you can grab them any time to do as you please. Even grabbing these quests and doing them takes no more time than having them on "standby"

I don't do it that way. I keep it on the journal and when I'm close to one of those places I do it. I'm not a fan of grinding. I like to play organically and not turning the game into a job.

But probably I'll just stop doing those three dailies soon. I almost have all I need, I'm just finishing a few rapports. Maybe it'll become my temporary solution.

Edited by NeKryXe on January 26, 2023 3:57AM
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought, the Harborage questline is nice in that once you do them you can whip through them pretty quickly and every quest gives a skillpoint.
    The xp isn't bad either with scrolls.
    I pretty much run through them with every new character, just for the skillpoints.

I knew exactly what you were getting at, no need to spell it out but if you are going to keep a bunch of quests 'to do when you please' then that is what you'll run into. I would guess that if given a couple more quest slots you'd just put more of the same in them and the problem perpetuates (as another person pointed out).

Of course you can play the game any way you want, no quesiton, but the devs don't have to make changes to the game just to suit the way you yourself play. Can you imagine... if they were expected or asked to customize everyone's game to suit their play style....
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »
    Just a thought, the Harborage questline is nice in that once you do them you can whip through them pretty quickly and every quest gives a skillpoint.
    The xp isn't bad either with scrolls.
    I pretty much run through them with every new character, just for the skillpoints.

I knew exactly what you were getting at, no need to spell it out but if you are going to keep a bunch of quests 'to do when you please' then that is what you'll run into. I would guess that if given a couple more quest slots you'd just put more of the same in them and the problem perpetuates (as another person pointed out).

Of course you can play the game any way you want, no quesiton, but the devs don't have to make changes to the game just to suit the way you yourself play. Can you imagine... if they were expected or asked to customize everyone's game to suit their play style....

I understand your point, and you are right. But at this point most players already have more than one character, and probably none of the players will play the main quest on more than one character. So, like it has been happening with everything, they could adjust that. I know from other conversations that the the support once removed the main quest to many players, so, it's possible. But they are no longer doing it. Maybe there were too much players asking for it. That's why it should be treated as skill lines and skyshards, once it's completed on one character we should be able to complete on other characters automatically from the crown store. Or my favourite solution, let us just remove the quest (for free) once we complete it on another character.
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭

How can you ignore being constantly without of space on quest journal? It doesn't even make any sense.

Anyway, I see that you don't read much before react. Let me make it easy for you: I already tried other ways not involving payments, also, I'm not suggesting something with an intention to be forced to all players, if you are ok you should be free to not pay for it.

If you don't have your quest journal filled or you can ignore not having free space there, great for you! I'm really happy for you. Just don't be so eager to block other players' needs. :wink:

Uh ok, but with all due respect what you are suggesting will never be implemented because it's just silly. Throwing money at ZoS to remove content from the game...like wut? :s If you have too many quests in your quest journal maybe stop accepting so many quests (most of the ones you posted are repeatable anyway) and complete the ones you have? this 'problem' is a non issue for 99% of players.
    PC EU
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh ok, but with all due respect what you are suggesting will never be implemented because it's just silly. Throwing money at ZoS to remove content from the game...like wut? :s If you have too many quests in your quest journal maybe stop accepting so many quests (most of the ones you posted are repeatable anyway) and complete the ones you have? this 'problem' is a non issue for 99% of players.

I can't. There's a detailed explanation above. Please read before reply or, with all due respect, it's just silly. Thanks.
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't. There's a detailed explanation above. Please read before reply or, with all due respect, it's just silly. Thanks.

I have been reading your posts thank you. Lots of people, myself included, have tried to help you with your issue but you don't seem to want to accept any help.

You listed your quest journal which is full of repeatable quests. These quests can be completed or safely deleted to free up space in your quest journal, this will allow you to accept new quests. I would suggest you start with the crafting writs as they can be completed in a matter of minutes or even seconds in the right zones...there you go, seven new quests you can accept, so easy even a swamp troll could do it. :)
    PC EU
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been reading your posts thank you. Lots of people, myself included, have tried to help you with your issue but you don't seem to want to accept any help.

You listed your quest journal which is full of repeatable quests. These quests can be completed or safely deleted to free up space in your quest journal, this will allow you to accept new quests. I would suggest you start with the crafting writs as they can be completed in a matter of minutes or even seconds in the right zones...there you go, seven new quests you can accept, so easy even a swamp troll could do it. :)

Yes, that's the first thing I do. And I get a few free slots to collect other quests. Then, in the following day, if I didn't complete some, I need to delete all to add the writs again.

Maybe they should stop releasing new daily quests while they can't figure out how to increase more slots.