The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Character doesn't always harvest right away

Ode2Order
Ode2Order
✭✭✭
Characters don't always harvest resource nodes right away. This bug has been there for a while but I never remembered to report it, so here goes.

Especially with survey nodes, the Interact button will grey out when having pressed E (or your preferred keybind), as intended. The character does run to the node, but then does not harvest and stands idle. Screenshot attached.q89dr50kp22d.png

It's a minor annoyance, usually running back and pressing Interact will fix it, but it still shouldn't be that way ;)

All best,

Ode2Order
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, can confirm this bug.
    In rare cases it also happen on normal nodes.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I routinely encounter this bug when picking up surveys, it takes multiple button presses and camera/position adjustment to gather the node. It's been happening for some time now @ZOS_Kevin
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    No improvement with patch v8.2.8. still happens.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same bug on Xbox.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh good I thought I as just hallucinating but people other than me get this too.

Bloody annoying too.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea can confirm that annoying glitch... Every survey i am upset because my harvester have quick harvest and clicking again and agian... damn i hate it...
    Really sorry for my english
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animation cancel the harvest animation using block.

To do that: when you're harvesting, just as you're about to finish the harvest animation, hold block (which will cancel the harvest animation and transition you into blocking). When you release block, you'll instantly be able to pluck the next node.

You'll fully harvest the node even if you ani cancel the harvest animation, so don't worry about that.

-

I figured this out bc I noticed there's some type of global cooldown between harvesting nodes just like there's a global cooldown between casting skills.

Since we can animation cancel during gcd with block, I thought I'd try that on harvesting nodes, and it actually worked.

It could also be that the harvest animations themselves are bugged out which is why ani canceling works on them. Who knows.

It's annoying for sure, and I can't remember exactly when this started, but it's been awhile.
  • RupertVandy
    RupertVandy
    ✭✭✭
    I think this issue started during Summerset. I vaguely recall an exploit where someone could spam-harvest the same node over and over.
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, it’s been there for a while (PS-EU).
    Thanks for taking the time to report this.