The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Max range of a strangler's grapple ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I just recently started using a bow for the first time in a long while, and so I thought I'd try it on a strangler plant. I moved to just within max bow range (for the basic no-skills bow shot), i.e. 28m, and fired at the strangler. It then used its grapple to reel me in. So what is a strangler's max grapple range ? I searched for this information, but couldn't find anything.
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably 28 Meters too.

Dodge Roll is your friend, the plant has a tell just before it lashes out. It can't change direction once it starts it attack.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it can also be blocked if you time it right, pretty sure if you use the actual snipe skill it is out of range of the strangler
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it can also be blocked if you time it right, pretty sure if you use the actual snipe skill it is out of range of the strangler
    Yes, I noticed that myself, I just need to start a longer distance away from the strangler, then move closer, re-trying the bow each time, until the "out of range" message vanishes and the shot works. Obviously, this isn't practical in general use, I was just curious to find out what the strangler's grapple max range is.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390