The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Aetherial Dust/Aetheric Cipher

Dr_Con
Dr_Con
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So this item appears to not be in the loot tables of anything outside of base game content.

I usually only get Dust in Craglorn/other base game zones. Specifically I've gotten them off woodworking nodes, others report getting them off surveys as well.

Cipher I've gotten from a base game zone (specifically from a public dungeon) and have only ever seen group members get from group dungeons (like Arx Corinium).

If anyone can prove to the contrary that both of these drop outside of base-game zones, I'll request this topic be locked.

It is important that this gets addressed as these are the main & only source of 150% exp recipes and resources, with the 100% ones being available from a vendor for crafting writ vouchers and the 50% ones from fishing and provisioning writ fragments.

@tmbrinks your input would be valued here as well as you've been very observant of crafting/harvesting data.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2022 6:37PM
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    It/they have always been base game:

Full drop details including drop zones in original patch notes, link here:

PC/Mac Patch Notes v2.6.9.
    Edited by Bucky Balls on December 10, 2022 5:28PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It/they have always been base game:

Full drop details including drop zones in original patch notes, link here:

PC/Mac Patch Notes v2.6.9.

Ah thanks, so it's intentional. Feedback about it would be more appropriate. Thanks.

@ZOS invalid bug report, plz lock i guess.
    Edited by Dr_Con on December 10, 2022 6:32PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

As per the request of the OP, we are going to go ahead and close this thread.

Thank you for your understanding!
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2022 6:37PM
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.