The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Steel Ingots?

BigBressler
BigBressler
✭✭
I've just hit level 5 blacksmithing and upgraded the skill to make steel armor/weapons. How do I go about obtaining the mats for steel ingots? I've checked all over the internet it seems, and yet no avail towards gaining any info.
Main: Ioannes Jun Bressler - CP 560+ - Imperial Templar Tank
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You must pass into the next zone to find higher quality ingots. For example, Glennumbra and Stone Falls will only contain iron ore for iron ingots. If you get the hireling perk for blacksmithing, they will occasionally mail you the higher mats as your level progresses.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • BigBressler
    BigBressler
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    You must pass into the next zone to find higher quality ingots. For example, Glennumbra and Stone Falls will only contain iron ore for iron ingots. If you get the hireling perk for blacksmithing, they will occasionally mail you the higher mats as your level progresses.

Thanks for your help. That's what I had assumed but wasn't too sure. I'm currently level 14 so I'm almost there I think.
    Main: Ioannes Jun Bressler - CP 560+ - Imperial Templar Tank
  • Mikells
    Mikells
    My question, and it's a stupid one, would be HOW to make the steel stuff. I've got over 100 steel ingots in my bank sitting there waiting for me to work out how the frell it works.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikells wrote: »
    My question, and it's a stupid one, would be HOW to make the steel stuff. I've got over 100 steel ingots in my bank sitting there waiting for me to work out how the frell it works.

Put point into your Blacksmithing(Metalworking) so you know how to work on steel.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    @Syntse has said to unlock the use of Higher level Ore's you need to make sure your Metalworking passive is the right level.

I'd suggest using somewhere like ESO head which has a skill point calculator on it, will allow you to see the various skills and what they do as well.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Mikells wrote: »
    You make it the same way you make Iron stuff. In the construction screen, there is a line for materials...scroll it over to the right one space. That will select Steel.
  • Rpalmer2
    Rpalmer2
    driosketch wrote: »

Also get Keen Eye upgrade. It comes in nice when it is night time in the game, Plus Oricalcum Veins (which you can find in the 15+ zones) can be sometimes hard to see with it having the prefect green tint to blend into the environment just perfectly.