The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 12 fatal error on a computer that game worked like a month ago

DeltaForce64x
DeltaForce64x
✭✭✭
I'm getting black screen on launch with a fatal error 12 crash report pops up, I was able to play this like a weeks or a month ago. What happened? I'm on a desktop computer Windows 10
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 8, 2022 5:36PM
  • DeltaForce64x
    DeltaForce64x
    ✭✭✭
    I just did repair from launcher, downloaded things I guess but did not helped, still getting error 12 right after clicking play black screen.

I do not want to update my GPU drivers, game was working literally 3-4 weeks ago, it is on your end did something and resulted in my game crashing. I refuse to update anything because it is not my fault nor my computers.
  • DeltaForce64x
    DeltaForce64x
    ✭✭✭
    I just updated my graphics card driver to the latest, did not work, still getting error 12 on launch

I will try removing some of the registry keys from ESO category, perhaps I installed the game way before and new registry keys conflict each other.

EDIT: @ZOS_Bill I'm unable to find any ESO regedit entries on my computer despite the base game installed just fine, I only found that Zenimax_Online > Launcher and thats it, you would think my Windows 10 does not know the game installed? Perhaps needed some links to be made to registry? I REALLY do not want to redownload everything. What do you think?
    Edited by DeltaForce64x on December 7, 2022 2:05PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the continued updates and posting the troubleshooting which fixed the launch error. With this issue now resolved, we will be closing the thread from further posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.