The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark elf DK, fire breathing swordsman.

yogarogue
yogarogue
✭✭
My experience thus far has been very impressive with my young offensive Dark elf dual wielding build.

The low levels have been a breeze. With a combination of the strong firepower that ardent flame skills has to offer, coupled with the high sustained damage Dual wielding skill line I find it easy to take down foes fast.

However, Dual wielding does not offer much in the way of gap closers and CC unlike the other weapon skill lines. So I wouldn't recommend it for pvp thus far. Last in the skill tree is a ranged attk that snares the target, but again there is no gap closer or other efficient CC in the skill tree. Plus one of the hardest hitting abilities I have from the dual wielding tree called Flurry is a channeled attk over 1.3 seconds and I am not sure if this works while you are moving (could someone clarify this for me?)

Being a dragonknight there are also a lot of defensive options to choose as well. So it can be simple to avoid that "glass cannon" feel which this build seems to be cutting out to be.

I personally wanted to avoid the destro staff build due to its high demand on magicka. I feel the Dual wielding skill tree coupled with the dragonknight skill lines create a good balanced feel so far.

• JamieK81
    JamieK81
    I believe Dragon Knight has a 'GET OVER HERE' ability, which does fire damage, so i am thinking its a gap closer, in a way.
  • Northman
    Northman
    ✭✭
    Should just use the Chain Pull, it's the "Gap Closer" for DK's. And the Dragon Leap if you like that one.
  • BigDumbViking
    BigDumbViking
    ✭✭
    Yeah, Ardent flame has the pull, but the 2h skill line charge has a charge + immobilize with a morph. You also have the mid-tree dragon leap, but as ultimates go... I find it kinda weak.

Honestly, I find the 2h more synergistic with DK. Pull>Uppercut>Charge is just so damn fun...
    James Dalton - Nord Dragonknight

& Trusty Steed Roadhouse

• JamieK81
    JamieK81
    I am personally finding it abit difficult to play to be honest, i mean, you don't get even basic gear at all, the loot is purely random and that is a bad thing to do.

I mean, there should be a vendor with beginner gear, crafted gear is better obviously, but there should be something available for the new players.
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Why swordsman?

Utilize your +fire spellpower racial ability using fire destruction staff. You can focus all stats to mana to maximize damage output and use light armor for even more efficiency (because both Ardent Flame and Destruction Staff skills are magika-based).

Use stamina for sprinting/breaking CC/dodging or for some CC abilities in second skill panel with other weapon (AoE immobilize with bow? charge stun with sword and shield?)

Also in that case High Elf character would be better - all four of racial skills are in use (and affects your DPS greatly):
    DESTRUCTION TALENT - Increases experience gain with the Destruction Staff Skill Line by 15%
    ELEMENTAL TALENT - Increases damage with Cold, Fire or Shock effects by 2/3/4%
    GIFT OF MAGNUS - Increases Max Magicka by 4/8/12%
    SPELLCHARGE - Increases Magicka recovery while in combat by 3/6/9%
    Edited by ElSlayer on April 1, 2014 1:19PM
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Tarkus
    Tarkus
    Maybe that crafted set with firebreathing could be useful for subj.
  • MachoKing
    MachoKing
    i'm playing a dark elf DK with sword & board as my main, almost have my rank 20 skills accessible, which i've dearly been pushing for
  • yogarogue
    yogarogue
    ✭✭
    MachoKing wrote: »
    i'm playing a dark elf DK with sword & board as my main, almost have my rank 20 skills accessible, which i've dearly been pushing for

Haha this. I rolled DK sword and board and I have been desperate to have those 20 skills under my belt. I just don't feel like a tank quite yet