Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

crown merchant who can repair

Nanasciro
Nanasciro
what do you think of a modification to the merchant who can repair or sell repair kits?
put your opinions in my opinion it takes very often it happens that in dungeons or trials my armor breaks and the kits run out.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 6, 2022 4:48AM
  • Jimbob47
    Jimbob47
    ✭✭
    Do your daily crafting writs and you should end up with more repair kits than you'll ever need.
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭
    It would eliminate the need for repair kits, and make the degredation system pointless.
  • Veryamedliel
    Veryamedliel
    ✭✭✭
    Gabriel_H wrote: »
    It would eliminate the need for repair kits, and make the degredation system pointless.

Do explain. Because every regular shop can also repair gear and therefor I don't see how this change (regardless of my own opinion, which is that it should have been able to ever since it was sold) makes the system no less useful (or pointless) as it is now.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or... just hear me out... I could sell you crown repair kits that fulfil the same role.

Why would I sell you a one-off solution when I can sell you a consumable? :hellfire:
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the crown store sales option for them but alternatively they could add repair function to the merchant to improve our quality of lives and evene raise repair costs on it or something to counter inflation. Id be ok with that like 30% or whatever increased repair costs
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just check local trader and use repair kits. It's cheaper too.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to wish that the crown merchants had the ability to repair your gear. But since repair kits and the Professional Upkeep green CP tree exist I'm not sure this will happen.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭

Do explain. Because every regular shop can also repair gear and therefor I don't see how this change (regardless of my own opinion, which is that it should have been able to ever since it was sold) makes the system no less useful (or pointless) as it is now.

Leaving a raid/dungeon to go back to a vendor for repairs vs whipping out your own merchant.

The former shows bad gear management or poor play (dying a lot). The latter makes the former redundant.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other games like SWTOR have their merchants also repair in raids, it's still a gold sink so the game benefits and for $50 there should be that basic level of functionality. And honestly who buys repair kits with crowns when you get them via crafting dailies so ZoS likely wouldn't be missing out on any real world cash with this player first change. Degradation is already stupid and with addon auto-repair and auto-charge feature (given you have the gems and kits) even less impactful, people can also just PTE out of a trial, repair, and come back unless it's a speed run or trifecta.

Leaving a raid/dungeon to go back to a vendor for repairs vs whipping out your own merchant.

The former shows bad gear management or poor play (dying a lot). The latter makes the former redundant.

Dying a lot is a key feature of progging a trial. In fact I die from the raid lead telling us to wipe and reset just as many times as the raid kills us when learning key mechanics.
    *edit to quote 2nd post*
    Edited by Ragnarok0130 on December 5, 2022 2:11PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Or... just hear me out... I could sell you crown repair kits that fulfil the same role.

Why would I sell you a one-off solution when I can sell you a consumable? :hellfire:

why would i buy crown repair kits to begin with?
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Marcusorion1
    Marcusorion1
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about if we can turn in our repair kits ( all sizes and sources ) to the NPC Merchant and repair directly from what is "stocked" - the variety of repair kits sizes will have to be scaled to function of course but its do-able.

This would provide the QoL improvement for the NPC and still maintain a usefulness for the repair kits from all sources, in fact may increase usefulness if I can turn in say 10 minor = 1 major or some such. If a player is low on supply, they can purchase them for gold or crowns.
  • Nanasciro
    Nanasciro
    but it would be nice at least if he sold the kits so as not to leave the dungeons or trials in progress
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    If they add it, just make it an addition to the merchant or something. Useful but i don't need another expensive assistant just for that, especially with the repair kits that pile up.

Out in the field i don't want to swap between various assistants to sell, sell stolen, repair, swap gear, whatever over and over with the more assistance they add.

In home I'm all for more more people to place out, if they gave us enough slots for them to be put out. Yet another assistant i cant place because I'm full serves me no purpose.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jimbob47 wrote: »
    Do your daily crafting writs and you should end up with more repair kits than you'll ever need.

This. I cannot remember the last time I paid to repair.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When the merchant first came out, we asked about her being able to repair, but that never happened.

Are you on PCNA? If so, I can send you some.

meanwhile ->
    Jimbob47 wrote: »

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--