The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to fix aspect ratio "stretching" on PC?

DhammaDude
DhammaDude
Soul Shriven
I recently bought a new FHD 1920x1080 monitor. My in-game graphics now appear "stretched" (see screenshot) despite the resolution being set to 1920x1080 in the games video settings. My system display settings are set to 1920x1080 & everything looks normal on the desktop & otherwise. The issue is only in ESO. I only have the one monitor. Everything on my system is up to date (running Windows 11) including NVIDIA GPU driver. Image scaling is off in GPU settings (also tried turning it on which made no difference). Running the game in either windowed option also has no effect. Anyone have any other thoughts on how to remedy this?

80pnaaxl7y3j.png
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any stretching in that image. At least, that's how ESO has always looked to me.
  • DhammaDude
    DhammaDude
    Soul Shriven
    rauyran wrote: »
    I don't see any stretching in that image. At least, that's how ESO has always looked to me.

You know, I thought the same thing as soon as I posted the image. I'm beginning to think it might just be my perception. It's a bigger monitor than my previous one & I'm still sitting at the same distance. When I blow up the screenshot full size, it looks stretched to me. Less so when I move back away from the screen... I also think my old monitor may have been stretching them a bit the other way & so I was used to them looking different.

Thanks for your input.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try tweaking the FOV (Field of View) value in the ini. Although I think that only applies in the game.

However, the Screenshot looks fine.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"