The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where is your The Bash/Break Free button? Have I found the best placement for it?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Personally I use the Middle Mouse Button Push it in Button for Bash....

It feels amazing and intuitive somehow.

As muscle memory comes really into play over the long run, this is the one choice I am really happy about.

Where do you place yours?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 6, 2022 4:47AM
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mine’s just right click, my block button is rebound.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • OnnuK
    OnnuK
    ✭✭✭
    I use mouse wheel rotation for bash/breakfree. My wheel push is tab target, somehow I like it this way... I felt strange now ;-D
    PC/EU @onnuk, Guild: ANADOLU "|H1:guild:29269|hAnadolu|h"
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Personally I use the Middle Mouse Button Push it in Button for Bash....

I have a Naga Trinity, so Button 5 (one of the two buttons behind the scroll wheel) is bash. The 12 thumb buttons are all set up for skills, synergy, ultimate, quickslot, etc, so that my left hand literally never leaves WASD, and my left thumb is free to jump and dodge roll.
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine is bound to 8 on the number pad. I'm left-handed so I have all my skills and other combat actions on the number pad and use my thumb on the arrow keys to move my character.

I also have a mouse with 5 extra buttons, but I use those for dodge, mount, auto-run, E and R.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q for bash.
    I use WASD for movement so it works well.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mouse wheel of course.
    PC NA
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2+R2. Console master race. :D
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    most probably have it as hold RMB to block, and +LMB to bash.

In PVP there might be advantages to binding it separately from block.
    Edited by Dr_Con on December 4, 2022 8:26PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LMB+RMB. I can't have it any other way now, my muscle memory won't let me. I always found the middle mouse button wonky, I prefer one of my six programable thumb buttons, although in ESO I got used to the above mentioned combination and I don't use thumb buttons for the most part.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post