The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Constant frozen loading screens

Meurto
Meurto
✭✭✭
I have been away for awhile and just came back around a week ago or so. I was quickly introduced to constant crashes and frozen loading screens and after visiting the forums found some information about addons being part of the issue. After disabling addons most of the crashes disappeared, but I still get frozen loading screens around 80% of the time. I tried repairing the game client and that didn't seem to do anything. All my drivers are updated and I don't really see anyone else reporting a similar issue so I am at a loss. My experience has been completely ruined because I am forced to close ESO from the task manager most times when I hit a loading screen as it freezes. It may take 4 or 5 tries to load into a dungeon or different zone and I end up getting frustrated and just quitting for the day. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 2, 2022 5:05PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meurto wrote: »
    I have been away for awhile and just came back around a week ago or so. I was quickly introduced to constant crashes and frozen loading screens and after visiting the forums found some information about addons being part of the issue. After disabling addons most of the crashes disappeared, but I still get frozen loading screens around 80% of the time. I tried repairing the game client and that didn't seem to do anything. All my drivers are updated and I don't really see anyone else reporting a similar issue so I am at a loss. My experience has been completely ruined because I am forced to close ESO from the task manager most times when I hit a loading screen as it freezes. It may take 4 or 5 tries to load into a dungeon or different zone and I end up getting frustrated and just quitting for the day. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm having this happen too, ever since update 36. It happens at least once a day after swapping characters a bunch (like doing daily writs) or changing zones several times eventually a loading screen will freeze up. Clicking on the loading screen will make it fade out and allow me to close the client.

It's obnoxious and ZOS just says disable addons. Which I've tried doing and gotten the same result at least one lockup a day.
    Thinking it's time to cancel ESO+ because they will continue to blame addons and never their own spaghetti code.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Meurto

Our help article below has troubleshooting to assist with the freezing you're experiencing.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post