bolstering darkness rework concept..

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
instead of leaving an effect on the ground all friendly targets within range become invisible for the duration and their next attack is guaranteed crit..
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be in favor of having the AoE centered around the caster and following you.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont think that would change much in pve, but that would probably be horrendous change for pvp

this ultimate definitely needs a rework for sure, but i dont think that is it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    I would be in favor of having the AoE centered around the caster and following you.

the change i imagined would be a sort of direct aoe that would buff everyone once it was cast instead of a lasting aoe which would refresh the buff..

imagine the group of toxic bullies popping in and out of stealth to absolutely massacre your group rather than the brief moment of confusion when they all disappear once then reappear however they choose to...

i like your idea more as it feels very powerful but idk how balanced it would be xD appreciate the comment though!
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea for this useless ult. It should be a ~10 second invisibility effect that the nightblade can go in and out of. Like, if you break invisibility the invisibility returns after a ~1 second delay, but the ability itself only lasts a total of ~10 seconds from activation.

A morph could let you share ~10 seconds of invisibility with your team, but once the invisibility is broken it's broken. Similar to the OP's idea. Entirely for the purpose of ganking one person with an entire team.

Another morph could just be old mechanical acuity, but with the refreshing invisibility mechanic described in the first paragraph. There are precedents for such powerful steroid ults in this game. In effect it would just be spamming shadowy disguise between attacks, but you wouldn't have to spam shadowy disguise.
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea for this useless ult. It should be a ~10 second invisibility effect that the nightblade can go in and out of. Like, if you break invisibility the invisibility returns after a ~1 second delay, but the ability itself only lasts a total of ~10 seconds from activation.

A morph could let you share ~10 seconds of invisibility with your team, but once the invisibility is broken it's broken. Similar to the OP's idea. Entirely for the purpose of ganking one person with an entire team.

Another morph could just be old mechanical acuity, but with the refreshing invisibility mechanic described in the first paragraph. There are precedents for such powerful steroid ults in this game. In effect it would just be spamming shadowy disguise between attacks, but you wouldn't have to spam shadowy disguise.

or could provide a much needed form of leverage in large scale battles assuming everyone were on the samw page when the ult was cast.. capitalizing on utility is imo better than this further exploitation of nightblades worst mechanic imo which is stealth uptime..
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    this way you can give team the ability to get the drop on another team rather than letting them become a gang of horseflies that could potentially one-shot you from stealth even after theyve revealed themselves