The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you feel about the story and content of the PvP zones?

brylars
brylars
✭✭✭
People have pointed out the issues with the game, specifically PvP, in terms of lag and so forth. How do you feel about its story, setting, etc? Do you want a change? Think about what would entice you in the long run to play PvP on ESO.

How do you feel about the story and content of the PvP zones? 26 votes

The PvP content is great. I don't see a point to change much.
3%
fred4 1 vote
The PvP content is typical of a game this old. I just deal with it.
7%
rauyranCloudrest 2 votes
I want the current content to be expanded, keeping the Alliance War and Battlegrounds but adding more to them.
42%
gameswithaspoonFruity_NinjaTheSpunkyLobsterxylena_lazarowJabbs_GiggityRedBranchcolossalvoidsxDeusEJRxMesiteendgamesmugTechMaybeHic 11 votes
I want to keep the current content, but I want totally new content unrelated to the Alliance War and Battlegrounds added to the mix, like a new zone or activity.
23%
ReactFluffyReachWitchYandereGirlfriendbrylarsDidact805AndreNoir 6 votes
I want the current content replaced with totally new content. This would mean the Alliance War would end for the most part.
3%
BenTSG 1 vote
Other. Please comment below.
19%
chessalavakia_ESOgeonsocalBazOfWarFluffyBirdKilianDermoth 5 votes
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want PVP to work. None of this matters if performance continues to deteriorate.

On a side note, the story in Imperial City is pretty great. It's well worth going there even if you don't care for PvPvE.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP as is now shouldnt be removed.
    Also it should be extend with additional stuff.

But what is really bad is mixing PVE and PVP, please no questing in PVP zones anymore, just keep it PVP only. Also I would like to see a second version (not removeing the former one) of cyrodiil and imperial city where you can just quest without partcipating in PVP (like being a ghost, unkillable by other players or a seperate PVE instance of the whole thing).

And if we are already there, introduce a story mode to dungeons!!!

Same reasons, if I want to grind / do a dungeon run with people, I dont want to quest.
    If I want to quest, I dont wont to be annoyed by others.
    Same for trials.

Or in other words: separate questing from group content (PVE and PVP alike)!

Then add / improve PVP.
    Edited by KilianDermoth on November 30, 2022 2:54PM
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I goto cyrodiil to pvp not do quests and storylines.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The PvP content is great. I don't see a point to change much.
    The IC main quest is good and I like the no-nonsense short and sweet quests in Cheydinhall especially. The NPCs aren't whiny, they aren't screaming, they're just grateful for a little bit of help. Not that I'm there very often.

Is this the answer you expected? I'm an open world sandbox guy. Players, performance, the combat system of the base game, that's what makes or breaks PvP. Could the game have better mechanics that encourage people to not PvDoor or that encourage them to roam the sewers instead of IC upstairs and Molag Bal only? Sure. Story, though? Nope, not needed. What story there is is actually some of the nicest and least annoying in the game, IMHO. Don't need more, though.

There is nothing wrong with environmental design only. Backdrops and interesting line-of-sight opportunities are needed. Screaming BG NPCs, though? "Oh no, the opposing team stole our point". Good grief. Just give me Deathmatch. Better yet, give me open world. I know only half the population goes this far in regard to BGs. Tanks, healers, players in general also like some of the other modes. Fundamentally though, PvP is IMO about the players, with the game forming a distant backdrop. I don't think even ZOS quite get this, otherwise they wouldn't have stuffed BGs with meaningless achievements. When I talked about incentives earlier, I meant something tangible. Tel Var, AP, rare drops.
    But what is really bad is mixing PVE and PVP.
    As IC is my all time favorite content of the game, I obviously disagree vehemently. So there. What you're going to do about that?
    Edited by fred4 on December 9, 2022 5:45PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    But what is really bad is mixing PVE and PVP.
    As IC is my all time favorite content of the game, I obviously disagree vehemently. So there. What you're going to do about that?
    Nothing, the overall popularity speaks for itself, probably (besides pvp events) the least crowded of all content.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How are stories important to PvP? It is highly irrelevant and only there for titles and achievements. It is meaningless to PvP.

• Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not in PvP for the quests. I just want it to work and when it works it would be cool if they would add more ways to enjoy PvP.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want the current content to be expanded, keeping the Alliance War and Battlegrounds but adding more to them.
    The effect of uniting as military factions should've had a pretty significant effect on the cultures and economies of the various Tamriel nations, yet the entire concept was quickly ignored in favor of saving the world from the big bad evil guy over and over, and it's pretty much meaningless in PvP outside of arbitrarily defining 3 teams. Disappointing.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very interesting OP, your question and Varanis mentioning the Imperial City storyline makes me totally think there should be a alliance storyline within cyrodiil for each faction...

there are quests located within the alliance boards, towns, delves and overland - but, a new immersive story for each faction would be fun...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 16, 2022 4:53AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never was much into PVP and I hate, HATE, with burning passion doing quests in Cyro and IC. I want to concentrate on the story, not on avoiding being murdered.
    I believe story and PVP should never be mixed.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm, hate = fear...perhaps...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place