The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fear in PvP

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
We have immobilization, but is there anything that causes fear (ie opponents run away out of their control)?

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB Aspect of Teror
    FG Turn Evil
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Amottica do those work on PvP players...I mean the running away....?

Tankz!
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    @Amottica do those work on PvP players...I mean the running away....?

Tankz!

I know the NB skill does. I have not used the FG skill in PvP, but it says it fears enemies in the areas when activated, no further details.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they run, just stuck in place yelling for a few seconds
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW howl. Spammed by 100% WW population in PVP. As annoying to listen to as it is annoying in game with constant fear and average 5k dmg per Howl.
  • RoseTheSnowElf
    RoseTheSnowElf
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. All the fear abilities work on players in pvp. (I main a nb and I've been feared plenty of times)

However, with the multiple ways players can buff themselves with some kind of crowd control (cc) immunity or clense, or the in-game cool down period for how frequently a target can be cc'd (lengthend by certain CP nodes) and then couple it with all the cc's spamed in Cyro, it can just seem like fear isn't working.

But trust me, fear works on players. Also, specifically with the NB fear, it now has a debuff and reduces the target's damage they can deal. This is applied whether they are successfully cc'd by the fear or not.
    PS5 NA EP GH

Wood Elf NB - 5 Star

Dark Elf Arcanist (healer) - AR 37
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fear works on PvP players, but it doesn't force then to move anymore. In the early days of the game, fear would force the player feared to run away from whomever feared them. Now, fear just stops someone in their place. It remains (somewhat) unique by the fact that fears are undodgeable and unblockable.

If you're looking to force movement upon a player, the Faun's Lark mythic functions similarly to OG fear and will force players to run towards you until they break free.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on November 29, 2022 6:24PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear works on PvP players, but it doesn't force then to move anymore. In the early days of the game, fear would force the player feared to run away from whomever feared them. Now, fear just stops someone in their place. It remains (somewhat) unique by the fact that fears are undodgeable and unblockable.

If you're looking to force movement upon a player, the Faun's Lark mythic functions similarly to OG fear and will force players to run towards you until they break free.

I well remember getting Feared into walls in Cyrodiil because that auto-run feature was bugged into Oblivion.

Definitely glad that times have changed.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When fear used to make people run away the direction was totally random and often benefited the person being feared by making them run out of AOE's and harder to hit with a follow up single target ability because they'd often run towards/through you so you'd have to turn 180 degrees to track them. It works much better just freezing people in place.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They cower in fear as opposed to run away