The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any addon to see undiscovered chests and thieves troves?

HunterTheCapricorn
Posting this here as people on Steam forums are just toxic instead of being helpful.
Harvest Map's HarvestData doesn't work in some DLC zones for me anymore after the update and I would like to just have a general direction where to farm them before yet another one steals my loot from under my nose. It's just rude and frustrating when running to a chest and opening it only to have someone else swipe the good stuff. I generally hate the resource stealing in this game.
Yes, I know about the skill that highlights chests and I've got it on one character but grinding it for all the others is a pain in the ass. Also I mainly just want to see all possible Thieves Trove locations and there's no skill as far as I know that highlights them.
Or maybe someone has an idea why the addon doesn't work correctly in some zones anymore? The only thing I changed was putting the NodeDetection folder out when the game was crashing constantly as simply disabling didn't work. However I put it back into the addons folder now that it's fixed. Also checked if everything is updated and nothis is missing.
Thanks
I'm Hunter|he/him|character page is in progress and will be coming soon
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Map pins will show you where the chest SHOULD be but sometimes they move a little. When you go into your map, go to the map filter and apply what you are looking for. It even shows the portals that you need to find in the Psijic guild quest.
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    Already tried that and I have that addon as well. Sadly it doesn't work correctly anymore after the last update in a few DLC zones as I said before. It's kinda weird.
    However I don't know if internet connection is affecting the addons as I had terrible internet for 2 weeks with constant outtages every 5 minutes.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use both harvest map and map pins and they work fine for me

when there are endeavor for harvesting i usually go to hews bane or gold coast to hunt for them because they arent over-harvested like most other zones
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    i use both harvest map and map pins and they work fine for me

when there are endeavor for harvesting i usually go to hews bane or gold coast to hunt for them because they arent over-harvested like most other zones

Well, it's only affecting a few dlc zones like Galen (although it worked for a day), Western Skyrim, High Isle, Northern Elsweyr and The Reach. At least these are the ones where I could test it so far. And yes, the addon is updated.
    Well at least it works in these two zones you mentioned although I rarely see anything not being farmed already. Might be because of the time of the day and maps are generally busy then. Don't know the peak times for EU unfortunately.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU peak times should be around 19-00 (7pm - midnight) CET during weekdays.
    At Saturdays/Sundays I guess it's more busy from noon to afternoon already, and peek shoulds be from 19-03 (7pm to 3am) CET then.
    !Just a guess!

I also noticed that in new DLC zones my harvestMap data is missing sometimes (allthough I cannot find out when this occurs).
    Maybe another addon interfering, haven't tested that yet.
    Perhaps if you use Harvestmap + LostTreasure (only a guess as I know I'm using both on some toons).

I'm not sure if this is related to the NodeDetection bug in HarvestMap whichc ame up after the last patch (and if this was fixed meanwhile).
  • HunterTheCapricorn
    Baertram wrote: »
    EU peak times should be around 19-00 (7pm - midnight) CET during weekdays.
    At Saturdays/Sundays I guess it's more busy from noon to afternoon already, and peek shoulds be from 19-03 (7pm to 3am) CET then.
    !Just a guess!

I also noticed that in new DLC zones my harvestMap data is missing sometimes (allthough I cannot find out when this occurs).
    Maybe another addon interfering, haven't tested that yet.
    Perhaps if you use Harvestmap + LostTreasure (only a guess as I know I'm using both on some toons).

I'm not sure if this is related to the NodeDetection bug in HarvestMap whichc ame up after the last patch (and if this was fixed meanwhile).

Thanks, I keep that in mind! I generally like to play during less busy hours because then I can just chill and quest in peace without people one shotting stuff in front of me.