The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What are some good sets for a DK that are cheap, craftable or easy to obtain. For solo overland.

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT: I put mag DK, but actually I do not mind stam or mag as I will be building the build from scratch.

I have been doing all the most recent DLC and while I am not exactly using trial meta gear, I am using decent gear for more challenging content
It has dawned on me that because all the overland content is pretty much trash and easy outside of X amount of world bosses I need others for, I might as well just create a build with all gold gear in Training for the extra XP.

So I am looking for decent sets for mag DK that can allow me to kill and sustain, ones that are easy to obtain or I can craft but I want them all in training.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 25, 2022 7:38PM
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plague break, venomouse smite, any craftable with good stats, witch knight' deffiant ... .

Leaching (oh sorry it isfrom dunguan) / cyrodil crest / Alessian order for tanking

Almalexia /winter respite for more healing
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on November 25, 2022 7:25AM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafted sets:

Order's Wrath, Julianos, Seducer

Overland:

Mother's Sorrow

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're right that there's not much point running proper gear in Overland.

My main rn is in Sword Singers, Cowards Gear the Oakensoul ring.

Since update 35 I've found DK kinda trash, we were so heavy on sticky dots and now they just take so long to kill so I don't find it worth my time to run a proper 10 skill rotation.

My skills are...
    -Crit Rush. Gap closer with some AoE damage.
    -Cleave. Mediocre spamable damage wise but the damage shield it grants makes me really tough for soloing world bosses.
    -Executioner. The 2 handed execute... I think I run the other morph but cant recall its name rn- the splash damage one.
    -Green Dragon blood. Mediocre heal, but it gives me a couple of strong buffs.
    -Stone Fist. Or whatever the healing morph is. Strong burst heal for me and my companion, procs another buff or 2.
    -Dawnbreaker Ultimate.

Coward gives me speed, which is great for running past all the adds in delves and getting around town. But it also gives me stam regen... A LOT of stam regen. Sword Singer.... I'm sure it's not great but I'd always wanted to try it and it seems to work fine.

This builds boring but I get things done fast and the rare times overland is challenging- basically just world bosses, I barely take any damage because of Cleave.

Again, before u35 I was running a proper rotation and actually using dk skills to do stuff. Now- when it comes to overland, I just don't see any point anymore.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For grinding XP overland on DK, hands down Dead Water's Guile. I'd just pair it with New Moon probably, you won't notice the sustain hit with DWG.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    You're right that there's not much point running proper gear in Overland.

My main rn is in Sword Singers, Cowards Gear the Oakensoul ring.

Since update 35 I've found DK kinda trash, we were so heavy on sticky dots and now they just take so long to kill so I don't find it worth my time to run a proper 10 skill rotation.

My skills are...
    -Crit Rush. Gap closer with some AoE damage.
    -Cleave. Mediocre spamable damage wise but the damage shield it grants makes me really tough for soloing world bosses.
    -Executioner. The 2 handed execute... I think I run the other morph but cant recall its name rn- the splash damage one.
    -Green Dragon blood. Mediocre heal, but it gives me a couple of strong buffs.
    -Stone Fist. Or whatever the healing morph is. Strong burst heal for me and my companion, procs another buff or 2.
    -Dawnbreaker Ultimate.

Coward gives me speed, which is great for running past all the adds in delves and getting around town. But it also gives me stam regen... A LOT of stam regen. Sword Singer.... I'm sure it's not great but I'd always wanted to try it and it seems to work fine.

This builds boring but I get things done fast and the rare times overland is challenging- basically just world bosses, I barely take any damage because of Cleave.

Again, before u35 I was running a proper rotation and actually using dk skills to do stuff. Now- when it comes to overland, I just don't see any point anymore.

I was actually looking to try and find some sort of fun sets to use, some sets that rather than just be raw stats that i can crush things fast with, some sets that have procs or cool stat based things to mix it up.
    Remember I am intending to make a full set of gold training gear so I don't want to be having a set that is weak but also don't want to have a set that is just boring like a grind pull set for XP grinding.

ATM I am mag DK using withered hand, elf bane, grothdar and hunt ring for running fast.
    Seems boring and my "rotation" (or lack of) is boring now too.

I will most likely get a monster set I have and reconstruct it to training, then have a mythic ring
    So something like 1 monster set, 1 mythic ring, 1 full "fun" set and the other pieces just raw stats as I cannot get a proc or 5th effect from the 4 pieces.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For grinding XP overland on DK, hands down Dead Water's Guile. I'd just pair it with New Moon probably, you won't notice the sustain hit with DWG.

THIS IS THE SET.
    iirc I already have pieces of this dumped around too, though they will not be training so i will have to transmute or reconstruct.

Well that is my mission for the day sorted. I am going on a mission to get the entire set so I can reconstruct it in training, or buy it cheap from stores.

I think I already have a sword n board too, so some sword and board and either a 2h or desto on backbar will be fun.
    I used to have fun with my snb mag DK and that was before the hybridisation.

Thanks bro, you answered the question. That is defo the set. DK, more ult, more fun.

Might even just pair it with this https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Daring_Corsair
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to much good sets left. ZOS try to nerf all good to make game stupid stat based thing, with not working skills and bad game balance between races and classes for last 3 years. I think they get command ofdevelopers change 3 years ago - and those developers have there own vision cordinally different from really good visions developers who made TESO before 2020 had.

Now when i look on how game changed it looks like vision to the toilet for me ... sorry )
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

THIS IS THE SET.
    iirc I already have pieces of this dumped around too, though they will not be training so i will have to transmute or reconstruct.

Well that is my mission for the day sorted. I am going on a mission to get the entire set so I can reconstruct it in training, or buy it cheap from stores.

I think I already have a sword n board too, so some sword and board and either a 2h or desto on backbar will be fun.
    I used to have fun with my snb mag DK and that was before the hybridisation.

Thanks bro, you answered the question. That is defo the set. DK, more ult, more fun.

Might even just pair it with this https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Daring_Corsair

No problem! Daring Corsair is definitely a good craftable choice, for PvP I've barely ever taken off Champion of the Hist since it came out, but that set and Shalk's Exoskeleton are both Heavy so better for PvP.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High Isle is cheap and gives you spell dmg on self-healing
    PC-EU
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just craft Order's Wrath and Adept Rider and call it a day.

If you're trying to mirror the real world phenomenom of a new wardrobe that means you're bored of the game. Playing another game is probably better for you than trying to make worse armor sets than you already have.

Adept Rider is major expedition so you can run from group to group quicker before the boredom of farming easy stuff sets in and you lose the will to play. Order's Wrath is just good and craftable so use that with it.

Then equip pale order and go enjoy farming skyreach until you're 3600cp because I assume you're farming CP if you're wearing training gear and bored.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    coa 1 - spellweave (you can solo this on normal, and definitely solo it with a companion)

stonefalls - the light set

julianos, order's wrath

gourmand (from galen)

if you are doing pvp i recommend the o'le spellweave and heavy daedric trickery.

for pve - probably spellweave and gourmand/order's wrath, consider an arena backbar as well.

what kind of content are you looking to solo? vMA? vVH? group dungeons? nBRP xp runs? these are all different things to consider for your build.

if you want to just parse a trial dummy there's builds for that too, just clarify a bit more what you are after.
    Edited by Dr_Con on November 25, 2022 10:26AM
  • UnassumingNoob
    UnassumingNoob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dead water guile, ashen Grip, Grothdar is fun and thematic. The extra fire breath just looks cool same with the Grothdar ring of fire. Then just jump around all day with leap. Good times. Overland who needs power just run cool looking stuff.
    Edited by UnassumingNoob on November 25, 2022 12:02PM
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're looking for mainly XP gains having a set of Heartland Conqueror helps a lot due to it doubling the effectiveness of the training trait on your weapons so its quite a decent bit extra in full gold!

Other nice sets to go along with it are Burning Spellweave, Dead Water's Guile, Back-Alley Gourmand (if you're using a food buff over a drink), Julianos/Hundings Rage both are nice depending on if you're mag or stam and most of them are quite easy to get.
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just pick any two craftable sets that are either stam or mag based and go. Overland is not going to present much of a challenge, so it doesn't matter much.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For overland and random normals I use burning spellweave and mothers sorrow and grothdarr for all mag spec characters. You could replace bsw with julianos, or throw in orders wrath or even new moon acolyte. All would be fine for overland. I like bsw for dks because it synergizes nicely. And city of ash isn't a hard dungeon.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmnqwk wrote: »
    Just craft Order's Wrath and Adept Rider and call it a day.

If you're trying to mirror the real world phenomenom of a new wardrobe that means you're bored of the game. Playing another game is probably better for you than trying to make worse armor sets than you already have.

Adept Rider is major expedition so you can run from group to group quicker before the boredom of farming easy stuff sets in and you lose the will to play. Order's Wrath is just good and craftable so use that with it.

Then equip pale order and go enjoy farming skyreach until you're 3600cp because I assume you're farming CP if you're wearing training gear and bored.

No I am not farming CP.
    What I am doing now is catching up on single player content as I have not played for years and while I have done all the quests I am still doing dailies for the achievements and it dawned on me that because I am no longer max rank, because I need to be 1600 to compete in end game content and because the solo content is so damn easy, i might as well make myself a full set of gold training armour so i increase XP gain, rather than wearing "meta" gear or gear tailored for end game content, which I am wearing now.

I have never farmed a single rank, I have done content in the game, every quest, dungeon, trial etc.
    Defeats the purpose to grind XP as well as you sacrifice skill.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're looking for mainly XP gains having a set of Heartland Conqueror helps a lot due to it doubling the effectiveness of the training trait on your weapons so its quite a decent bit extra in full gold!

Other nice sets to go along with it are Burning Spellweave, Dead Water's Guile, Back-Alley Gourmand (if you're using a food buff over a drink), Julianos/Hundings Rage both are nice depending on if you're mag or stam and most of them are quite easy to get.

Heartland Conqueror
    This is it then.
    DWG and that set seems perfect.
    I farmed DWG from murkmire maps yesterday and got pretty much every piece in sticker book bar a few weapons.
    Will craft Heartland Conqueror today then. That is my 2 sets.

Thanks, thanks to everybody for their suggestions.