The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mac Launcher Not Starting Download of Full Game

seansullivan
I downloaded and played ESO for most of the day but just changed from a HDD to an SSD. I downloaded and installed the launcher just fine, but when I go to install the actual game, it just stays stuck at this. It has been like this for the past 30 minutes and I'm starting to get annoyed. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • seansullivan
    This is what it looks like. See how the bar is all blue, like it is fully downloaded, but it didn't even start the download.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is what it does to prepare for the initial depot folder data, around about 22GB.

What it's doing, or should do is make a temporary folder in the depot folder of the The Elder Scrolls Online install folder (/Applications/Zenimac Online). It uses these to download then decompress the install and why it requires 60Gb of free HD space.

I suggest to pause then quit the Launcher and relaunch. It should do the same thing, hopefully it will complete and start the download proper.

There have ben a lot of issues today with the Launcher for both PC & Mac. Probably at least artily due to the amount of traffic to data and servers.

Just wondering why you didn't just copy or move the installed folder to the SSD? which is perfectly possible? Just have to be aware the settings folder in ~/Documents/live will remain there when updated.

Also double check you have at least the 60Gb and preferably 15% more to avoid any potential problems for it to make the temp folders.

The SSD will help for launch, loading data when loading from a zone or instance, and for draw distance data maybe but will not make a great difference in performance. The key bottleneck on the mac will be the GPU and the CPU.
    Edited by Moonraker on March 31, 2014 3:37AM
  • seansullivan
    @Moonraker‌ I didn't transfer the file because my hard drive I had in my computer got damaged by water. I panicked and removed it from my computer and out the SSD in. When I went to look for the installed folder but couldn't find anything other than my user data. I was able to restore the hard drive from a backup I had, but that backup didn't have the folder. After waiting for a couple hours for the SSD to start downloading (closing and reopening the launcher about a dozen times), I put the HDD (Its actually an HDD/SSD hybrid but I don't see much of a performance boost) back in and reinstalled ESO and it worked fine. Thank you for your input though. I plan on building an AMD machine over summer so I can have a draw distance greater than 6 lol.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to help @seansulivan if it was useful I could do with some more Insightful/ Awesome clicks to get my stars which helps people see I may know what I'm talking about in forum :)

View distance 6! Yikes. Not sure what Mac you have. Maybe it's possible to help sort better performance when I have a better ida on tweaks etc.

Certainly reduce Shadow Quality right down is the biggest help. Texture Quality for memory issues.