The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's your Favorite Class?

Kng_Ayumayuma
Kng_Ayumayuma
✭✭✭
I’m having trouble deciding.

Favorite class? DK, NB, Necro, Sorc, Templar, Warden.
Stam DPS, Magicka DPS, Tanking, Healing
Weapons? Example 2H/Bow. Or. Dam Staff/Heal Staff. Etc.
Why? Why did you choose this as your main?
Or are you too having a hard time selecting a main? Whats keeping you from deciding?

Here are a few of my characters. No order.
Lvl 32 NB, Stam DPS, 2H/Bow. Have tried this as a Mag DPS too.
Lvl 11 Templar, Healer, Staff
Lvl 25 Sorc, Stam DPS, Dagger/Bow, Werewoof (nice doggy).
Lvl 50 DK, Mag DPS, Staff/Staff. Currently trying a Healer Staff on 2nd bar.

I like all of them but would really like to focus on just one. But can’t decide.
What is it that made you choose your main?
Be as detailed as you like.

Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on November 23, 2022 10:53PM
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    nightblade i guess just because it conceptually has so much potential to be a fun class to play...
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My main main is a sorc. I find streak to get around overland rather handy. I main warden, however. I love the debuffs/buffs it gives and the ice/nature theme. Great for healing, great for dpsing, and great for tanking. So, I can fulfill whatever role I need, even all of them at once. That is, when reasonable.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m having trouble deciding.

Favorite class? DK, NB, Necro, Sorc, Templar, Warden.
    Stam DPS, Magicka DPS, Tanking, Healing
    Weapons? Example 2H/Bow. Or. Dam Staff/Heal Staff. Etc.
    Why? Why did you choose this as your main?
    Or are you too having a hard time selecting a main? Whats keeping you from deciding?

Here are a few of my characters. No order.
    Lvl 32 NB, Stam DPS, 2H/Bow. Have tried this as a Mag DPS too.
    Lvl 11 Templar, Healer, Staff
    Lvl 25 Sorc, Stam DPS, Dagger/Bow, Werewoof (nice doggy).
    Lvl 50 DK, Mag DPS, Staff/Staff. Currently trying a Healer Staff on 2nd bar.

I like all of them but would really like to focus on just one. But can’t decide.
    What is it that made you choose your main?
    Be as detailed as you like.

I don't think I have a main. I like using different characters.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would depend on your preferences quite obviously but personally felt that nightblade was the most "elder scrolls" one to me and it was important when I just started. Closely enjoyment wise was a magDK, but some of the class/gear changes made it way less enjoyable to play in recent years so I'd take a mag/stam(more questionable after rapids change) sorc next.

Can surely say that I can't really get into enjoying necromancer and a warden, both are good gameplay wise but make almost zero sense lorewise which is a huge turn off personally.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    Can surely say that I can't really get into enjoying necromancer and a warden, both are good gameplay wise but make almost zero sense lorewise which is a huge turn off personally.

Are you saying those are colossalvoids for you? See what I did there?
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer.(Imperial). I have higher DPS on my altmer sorcerer but I like the background of higher health and reduced costs so after many years I made my choice. I like the skills and the style. I also might do a bit of tanking one day and think he could cope with that. Also healing. If I wear a full helmet no-one will know I'm Imperial.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play everything, 3 of every class with 1 hybrid, 1 stamina, and 1 magicka. The closest thing to a main is the primary crafter, but not really a main main. The classes I like to play most are the Templar, Sorcerer, and Warden; Nightblade are my least favorite. All 3 Sorcerer are pet oriented as I like having extra bodies around, I avoid hitting the Heavy Attacks as I rather they fight whatever they want independent of what I'm doing. Likewise all 3 Warden uses the Bear for the same reason. Templars have a lot of self-healing making them great for solo harder things.

Necromancer pets are too short lived and the whole criminal act thing gets me in trouble too often or limits what I can do even outdoors where there are random neutral NPCs who will report you if you get too close. Dragon Knights are middle ground, they're not bad or great to play, just so so.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar.

I like the balance of Tanking/Healing.

Have to delve into Magplar...

Z
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar but he become Useless Templar.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar. I love the restoration magic aesthetic. Deal decent damage in PvE dps and PvP deal high damage when built for it.

I envision him as a monk. Using a spear (destruction staff). And no jabs for me. Dark flare spammable for life!
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Necromancer. I just love having rotting companions.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar. Jabs is my favourite ability.

Really got into onebar stam DK lately tho (My main). Oakensoul is a dream, never had so much fun with ESO’s combat. Swapping weapons never felt good to me, it was like there was some kind of input lag every time I did so.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say Mag Templar It's super easy and fun to obliterate everything.

I would love to say it was a Dragonknight, which is my main and first build, but she just can't do the damage like she used to. No matter what I've tried! For a time there with pale order and nirn and tzogvin she was pretty tough, but after changes earlier this year, the build just became my master crafter.

I'm tweaking my Stam Nightblade and Mag Sorcerer right now, so I hope to be able to play them again.

Templar to me is still the best class overall, even though last changes my stats slightly went down.
    Xbox X- NA