The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You can not mount in combat, when not in combat

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
Lately I've been having a lot of trouble to use mounts. The problem started with this event and it's worse in The Reach and Western Skyrim. After combat (mostly with world bosses) very frequently I'm no longer able to use my mount and I also can't fast travel anywhere. I've been trying everything I can think of to solve it but nothing works. I try to hide but even hidden it still thinks I'm in combat. Tried /reloadui but as usual, it's always useless. I can't log out either, so, the only solution is alt-F4 the game, and wait a lot of time to login again because the game thinks I'm still online. This doesn't seem a big issue but it's already making me unwilling to play.

So... anyone knows a fast way to solve this without shutting down the game? Is there any addon to bypass this annoying thing?
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If in a party/raid, the other member's combat status can effect your ability to mount/travel.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »
    If in a party/raid, the other member's combat status can effect your ability to mount/travel.

Not in group. It happens while I'm playing alone. When it happens in group (and it happens a lot) it's easy to solve, I just leave the instance or the group. But I don't know how to leave/change the instance when I'm playing solo.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    Lately I've been having a lot of trouble to use mounts. The problem started with this event and it's worse in The Reach and Western Skyrim. After combat (mostly with world bosses) very frequently I'm no longer able to use my mount and I also can't fast travel anywhere. I've been trying everything I can think of to solve it but nothing works. I try to hide but even hidden it still thinks I'm in combat. Tried /reloadui but as usual, it's always useless. I can't log out either, so, the only solution is alt-F4 the game, and wait a lot of time to login again because the game thinks I'm still online. This doesn't seem a big issue but it's already making me unwilling to play.

So... anyone knows a fast way to solve this without shutting down the game? Is there any addon to bypass this annoying thing?

Welcome to Cyrodill the last 3 years. Being in the middle of no where by yourself and being stuck in combat. Flipping bars, roll dodge going to crown store are things that solve it sometimes.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »

Welcome to Cyrodill the last 3 years. Being in the middle of no where by yourself and being stuck in combat. Flipping bars, roll dodge going to crown store are things that solve it sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestions. Never tried those. Next time I'll do it. :wink:
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »

Not in group. It happens while I'm playing alone. When it happens in group (and it happens a lot) it's easy to solve, I just leave the instance or the group. But I don't know how to leave/change the instance when I'm playing solo.

Its a common glitch. Happens a lot when you aggro an add by running by it, picking up a node, then trying to remount. Sometimes you have to find something to kill to end it.
  • NerirocF
    NerirocF
    ✭✭
    I can think of a few somethings I'd like to kill. This bug is so annoying, and it's been going on for far too long. Zos? Anything besides crickets?
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the "go to the crown store" trick works and it does no harm to try it.

PS5/NA
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes the "go to the crown store" trick works and it does no harm to try it.

Yes! I can confirm now that this solution have been solving the problem for me. :)
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... anyone knows a fast way to solve this without shutting down the game?

ZOS clearly doesn't know how to solve this problem, and it's comical that it's fallen on the community for YEARS to try and find the solution. This is one of the biggest reasons that I stopped going to Cyrodiil.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the way to fix the bug. ZOS always thinking outside the box to find new ways to drive players to the Crown Store.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."