The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Extraction Efficiency

tbmorrisonb14_ESO
How many pieces of armor need to be extracted to make XYZ? This is an important question when trying to determine resources input into the crafting group to support guild activities. I suspect the creation of an item will be more straight forward because, besides the improvement component risk, an item’s creation is simply A + B = C. I have found very little detail about extraction. So I thought this thread could be a place to pose questions about extraction efficiency, with the goal of deriving formulas characterizing extraction. For simplicity, I’ll use black smithing as a craft, but a lot of these questions will apply to the other crafts that use extraction (woodworking, clothier and enchantment), each of which may have their own sets of extraction rules.

What are the odds of extracting ores from a sword?

What are the odds of extracting a temper from a sword?

What are the odds of extracting a racial gem?

What are the odds of extracting a trait gem?

How does the improvement state of an item alter any of the odds?

How does an item’s level alter any of the odds?

How do extraction passives influence each of the odds?

Extractions appear to be able to yield ore and/or racial stone and/or temper. Are the odds of each of these independent?

Can a extraction yield 2 or more ores/stones/tempers? if yes, what is their statistical distribution?

How does the crafting level effect these odds?

How does a player’s level effect these odds?

How do learned traits effect any of these odds?
8dyv.png
Xbox One PvP Ebonheart Guild
Accursed Legion
Xbox One PvP Ebonheart Guild