The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SOLVED - I think] Northern Elsweyr prologue quests - what are they ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
My research indicates they're
  • The Demon Weapon; and
  • The Halls of Colossus.

However, I can't find the quest givers in the right places (according to UESP, anyway). I just wanted to do these quests for completeness of the story. I own the Elsweyr DLCs, so nothing's stopping me from going to Northern Elsweyr and starting its main quest, but I wanted to do the prologues first.
I just checked, and Anais Davaux is waiting outside Riverhold with a main quest marker on her, but I suspect accepting it would invalidate the prologue quests ?

According to this page
https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47578/~/how-do-i-get-the-elsweyr-prologue-quest?
the prologue quest giver is just outside the north gates of Vukhel guard if you're in the Dominion, and my character is a bosmer. The problem is: she's not there.

I forgot to mention: I completed the Dragonhold (Southern Elsweyr) prologue quest Dragonguard's Legacy, but I was led to understand by ZOS that the different DLCs are supposed to be independent. Regardless of this, is it possible I invalidated the Northern Elsweyr prologue quest by doing the Dragonhold prologue quest ?
Edited by vsrs_au on November 24, 2022 7:36AM
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I raised a support ticket, and got a reply that quoted, word-for-word, this support page by Bethesda:
    https://help.bethesda.net/#en/answer/45650

I finished the main quest "The Tharn Speaks" a long time ago, so that's definitely not blocking the Elsweyr prologue quest. I sent a reply just now telling them the same thing, so hopefully they'll find a solution.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They replied again, this time suggesting I leave the area for 15 minutes then return, to see if the quest-giver NPCs are now present. Both of their suggestions so far look like they're standard templates for replying to quest support tickets, and although both emails included a support staffmember's given name, quite frankly I have doubts about whether the emails are automated or not.

I replied to the "15 minutes" suggestion email saying I'd already tried leaving the areas and returning, then shortly after got an email asking me to complete a survey on their support procedures. I put that survey on hold, because I'd actually prefer a solution to my support ticket.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Their latest reply has asked me to (a) tell them my character's name (easy enough) and (b) send them a video showing why I can't start the quest. Given that I can't start the quest due to the absence of the quest-giver NPCs, that's going to be difficult. I'm getting a bit tired of this now.
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just out of interest are you able to buy the "Wrathstone, Replica" from Lathahim in Rimmen? It's unlocked by completing The Halls of Colossus.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rauyran wrote: »
    Just out of interest are you able to buy the "Wrathstone, Replica" from Lathahim in Rimmen? It's unlocked by completing The Halls of Colossus.
    Thanks for the tip, but no: selecting that from Lathahim's list gives me the message "Requires Tharn Collaborator Achievement to purchase".

I should also mention I have only ever had 1 ESO character, which (hopefully) rules out any funny business with account-wide achievements.
    Edited by vsrs_au on November 22, 2022 9:10AM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is tiring! I just created 7 short videos, uploaded them to Youtube, and emailed the links to Bethesda Customer Support. They show
    - me at Riverhold talking to Anais Davaux, which starts the main quest "A Rage of Dragons", not the prologue quest. (I then cancelled this quest, and restarted and cancelled it again, so I'm satisfied I can redo it any time I wish)
    - me at Vukhel Guard failing to find Anais near the north gate nearest the wayshrine
    - me at Daggerfall east gate failing to find her
    - me at Davon's Watch east gate failing to find her
    - me at Vukhel Guard Manor & Treasury failing to find Abnur Tharn to try to start the prologue via him
    - me at Daggerfall Castle failing to find Abnur
    - me at Davon's Watch mage's guild failing to find Abnur

I seriously hope they're satisfied with this, because I have bent over backwards (as the saying goes) to give them evidence I've done everything I could to start the Elsweyr prologue quest.
    Edited by vsrs_au on November 23, 2022 6:25AM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They replied again. It seems that I had already done the prologue quest "The Demon Weapon" and only needed to start "The Halls of Collossus". I don't recall doing the 1st one, but I must have done it a while ago, then put Elsweyr on hold for other things, and forgotten about it. I just logged in and started the 2nd quest, so hopefully (if the UESP pages are correct), I'll soon have the Dragon Flight Illusion Gem (I do hope that's still part of the quest rewards!).

So I guess my problem is solved now. :)
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oooh! Very pretty! :)