The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Experienced Healers, I need a Critique

Auldwulfe
Auldwulfe
✭✭✭✭✭
I built a Necromancer Healer - I have NEVER done a healer in any online game, before
This is my front Bar setup

Front bar, using a restoration staff, I have Avid Boneyard, with the healing synergy, then I use Combat Prayer, Radiating Regeneration, Illustrious Healing, and finally Renewing Undeath to remove negative effects.

Back bar is currently destruction staff to use for soloing and exp gain in quests ... my damage isn't high, but that is not an issue>
I have now run a couple of pugs, and worked with some other players I know, and they say I am doing really well, and that it really helps having a focused healer on the team
My armor is currently Druid's Braid (I am still under level 40)

Any suggestions on where to aim?

Auldwulfe
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can’t comment on necromancy but so far looks pretty good! In most cases you don’t need to purge, though. So you can replace that skill with something else like radiating vigor or a necro skill. Once you’re level 50 you should collect SPC (Spell Power Cure) as groups will expect you to be wearing it. The other set and monster set is of your choice. PA (Powerful Assault) is a good option but it can be pricey. Symphony of the Blades or Spaulder (+ 1pc Magma Incarnate) are good options for head/shoulder but there’s other ones that can be used too.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I can’t comment on necromancy but so far looks pretty good! In most cases you don’t need to purge, though. So you can replace that skill with something else like radiating vigor or a necro skill. Once you’re level 50 you should collect SPC (Spell Power Cure) as groups will expect you to be wearing it. The other set and monster set is of your choice. PA (Powerful Assault) is a good option but it can be pricey. Symphony of the Blades or Spaulder (+ 1pc Magma Incarnate) are good options for head/shoulder but there’s other ones that can be used too.

Thank you for the response!!

Nice thing about renewing undeath is that it is both a burst heal, plus a heal over time, and that morph happens to also purge....
    The other morph uses corpses to extend the heal over time, but I find I can usually recast it, and the others in good time without needing to extend.

I am considering switching Avid Boneyard to Unnerving Boneyard - the latter adds major breach to enemies in the area, the former lets me activate the synergy -- but it is an aoe frost damage, and when the synergy is activated it does a burst of damage, and heals for the same.

Auldwulfe
    Edited by Auldwulfe on November 18, 2022 11:09PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been playing with Sanctuary + Scorions for dungeon runs and Olorime for trials and really like the combo. Sanctuary + Olorime is super easy with stacked fights. I'll swap Sanctuary to Hollowfang for fights where I am not near the group or the tank. Magma Incarnate is my preferred monster set, but I do not run a mythic

@Soarora has some great suggestions. If you're going to run trials, have a few alternate sets/setups with the armorer because tanks and the other healer will commonly have sets like Powerful Assault and Symphony and you don't want to double them up. But there are many good sets and monster sets out there.

Grand Rejuvenation is worth grinding for out of DSA. Roaring Opportunist and Hollowfang are also very good sets. Have not tried Pillager's but it looks strong
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Auldwulfe wrote: »

Thank you for the response!!

Nice thing about renewing undeath is that it is both a burst heal, plus a heal over time, and that morph happens to also purge....
    The other morph uses corpses to extend the heal over time, but I find I can usually recast it, and the others in good time without needing to extend.

I am considering switching Avid Boneyard to Unnerving Boneyard - the latter adds major breach to enemies in the area, the former lets me activate the synergy -- but it is an aoe frost damage, and when the synergy is activated it does a burst of damage, and heals for the same.

Auldwulfe

No problem! I actually was thinking of a different skill… undeath is definitely a good heal to have.
    AoE major breach is great for trash but it’s also something the tank might self-supply through caltrops or boneyard and it is useless for bosses.

PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing with Sanctuary + Scorions for dungeon runs and Olorime for trials and really like the combo. Sanctuary + Olorime is super easy with stacked fights. I'll swap Sanctuary to Hollowfang for fights where I am not near the group or the tank. Magma Incarnate is my preferred monster set, but I do not run a mythic

@Soarora has some great suggestions. If you're going to run trials, have a few alternate sets/setups with the armorer because tanks and the other healer will commonly have sets like Powerful Assault and Symphony and you don't want to double them up. But there are many good sets and monster sets out there.

Grand Rejuvenation is worth grinding for out of DSA. Roaring Opportunist and Hollowfang are also very good sets. Have not tried Pillager's but it looks strong

Instead of Sanctuary I use troll king if people need more healing since it’s only a 2pc. In most content, you can actually heal fine without sanctuary! I only use it in PvP now (because battle spirit is scary). I’ve heard scorions is a good option though.

Right now for vet trials I’ve been seeing roaring opportunist/jorvulds/spaulder (+I use grand rejuvenation if ro/joing) + spc/something/symph. I’ve been using pillagers as spc healer and it’s pretty good as long as trial lead knows how to use it.
    Roaring/jorvulds isn’t good for dungeons though, the equivalent being spc/master architect.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell power cure is one of the sets most favored by healers for its buffs. I run that on my healers and jorvulds. I've also been trying out Powerfull assault, but I'm not yet sure about that.

RR is the best heal because it targets players, has a wide range and sticks to them, but after U35 it heals 40% less and so may need to be spammed a bit more. I pug a lot and my players run right out of most ground based heals. Combat prayer is great, I do my best to target as many as I can. I like Spell power as potions. My food preference varies but mostly things that buff magika.

Elemental drain is good. There should be class heals/buffs also.

PS5/NA
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spell power cure is one of the sets most favored by healers for its buffs. I run that on my healers and jorvulds. I've also been trying out Powerfull assault, but I'm not yet sure about that.

RR is the best heal because it targets players, has a wide range and sticks to them, but after U35 it heals 40% less and so may need to be spammed a bit more. I pug a lot and my players run right out of most ground based heals. Combat prayer is great, I do my best to target as many as I can. I like Spell power as potions. My food preference varies but mostly things that buff magika.

Radiating Regeneration isn’t very good to spam, I just use it as a HoT. It does need to be cast 2x for dungeons and 4x(?) for trials, though. If people run out of my ground heals I just call it a them problem, not everything is the healer’s fault hehe.
    I don’t actually get why ele drain is used, I think it’s better to just have something else on your limited barspace. It drives me up the wall when I see healers ele draining every single enemy they can in a dungeon. Major breach is already done by the tanks, at the very least from puncture and magicka steal isn’t a staple buff at the moment.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Radiating Regeneration isn’t very good to spam, I just use it as a HoT. It does need to be cast 2x for dungeons and 4x(?) for trials, though. If people run out of my ground heals I just call it a them problem, not everything is the healer’s fault hehe.
    I don’t actually get why ele drain is used, I think it’s better to just have something else on your limited barspace. It drives me up the wall when I see healers ele draining every single enemy they can in a dungeon. Major breach is already done by the tanks, at the very least from puncture and magicka steal isn’t a staple buff at the moment.

It does suck down resources to spam RR, but many pugging players are just one feather short of headless chickens and real tanks are rare. When I end up in a dungeon with a real tank I feel lucky. If I get one that can actually hold the boss so I can manage a healing circle, I practically weep with joy. :smiley:
    PS5/NA