The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Get rid of Combat Medic

OnGodiDoDis
OnGodiDoDis
✭✭✭
ioh1bggaenhj.png

I strongly believe that this passive should be scaled down tremendously, or simply removed and changed to something else. Perhaps a 5% bonus to healing will suffice. Conversely, it could be repurposed to increase the damage of defenders. A 20% damage buff to defenders can help smaller groups take on bigger, steam-roller groups backed by Continous Attack. Emperor alliance does not get this buff. The buff only triggers inside the perimeter of the keep. This will give attackers the upper-hand when attempting to break in, and give the defenders a chance to turn the tide inside if the doors are knocked down. Continous Attack benefits both healers and dps. With this new buff, defenders will be able to more evenly match the damage of attackers, while only suffering on the healing side. This also helps low population alliances that cannot push out to capture things, making them miss out on CA. This makes it very clear that if anyone wants to take a keep, they better come prepared. If a zerg wants to go straight front door, they will be at a disadvantage for not getting CA. It's a risk/reward mechanism. Do you take a resource and give away your position? Or do you go straight FD and fight at a handicap? Keep in mind that CA also increases healing power, so attackers with the buff will not be completely undergunnned. Most of the time, the attackers outnumber the defenders, so this change seems viable. If you think that 20% damage is too much, why have we not said anything about the 20% healing?
Edited by OnGodiDoDis on November 18, 2022 10:56PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should also reduce Continuous Assault or Reach. Maybe both.

• baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be completely okay with them removing continuous attack and combat medic
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this change meant as a way to end stalemates, over healing, and combat the tank meta?

If so I kinda support it... But think giving continuous attack the same treatment would be counterproductive.

Defenders, if they know what they're doing, already have a couple of advantages. Removing continuous attack from the attackers isn't needed, nor is it that difficult to acquire the same buff on defense if proper coordination is being had.

The goal is for more damage and/or less healing right? Let's not lose sight of the goal.
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Is this change meant as a way to end stalemates, over healing, and combat the tank meta?

If so I kinda support it... But think giving continuous attack the same treatment would be counterproductive.

Defenders, if they know what they're doing, already have a couple of advantages. Removing continuous attack from the attackers isn't needed, nor is it that difficult to acquire the same buff on defense if proper coordination is being had.

The goal is for more damage and/or less healing right? Let's not lose sight of the goal.

The goal is more damage and less healing.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If the group does more damage they are effectively reducing the healing by a percentage of the damage leading to no need for a change. In other words, nothing beats an effective attack or defense more than being effective.

• OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

If the group does more damage they are effectively reducing the healing by a percentage of the damage leading to no need for a change. In other words, nothing beats an effective attack or defense more than being effective.

An enemy doing more damage to you does not mean your healing is reduced. Removing a 20% healing bonus means your healing is reduced.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This passive is definitely a bit of an odd bird. Extremely powerful for no effort at all.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In other words, nothing beats an effective attack or defense more than being effective.
    "healing is overpowered in PvP"

"lol git gud zerglings"

"nah cya"

"[snip] where did everyone go? why are all the campaigns and queues empty? why didn't they just git gud?"

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 20, 2022 5:51PM
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other words, nothing beats an effective attack or defense more than being effective.

"lol git gud zerglings"

"nah cya"

"[snip] where did everyone go? why are all the campaigns and queues empty? why didn't they just git gud?"

The fact that so many are blind to this reality is mind blowing.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 20, 2022 5:51PM
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets remove everything and just throw pillows at each other too......
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

"lol git gud zerglings"

"nah cya"

The fact that so many are blind to this reality is mind blowing.

[edited to remove quote]

No, the reason pvp is dying is neglect from ZoS and horrible balancing decisions. No other reason.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jammy420 wrote: »
    No, the reason pvp is dying is neglect from ZoS and horrible balancing decisions. No other reason.
    It's the same problem. We're talking about the same thing from different angles.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point. All the healing skills are constantly getting nerfed for PvP balance, and PvE suffers for it. Meanwhile this passive exists that makes heals 20% stronger in PvP only.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is nice when you all scream for healing nerfs, but please keep in mind that not all classes have op heals. There should even be some that do not have anything close to relevant
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree this passive should be removed, or reduced to 5% max (amongst many other adjustments to the current "tank" meta.

I wrote a pretty detailed post over in the PTS section with a number of suggestions for U37, and combat medic is one of the things I mention. It's crazy that the current strongest healing modifier in the game is a free passive you get for doing nothing.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's rework it so your light and heavy attacks do 50 points of damage to enemy keep structures. Siege weaving!
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how am I going to achieve my 17k honor the dead heals with my 7.5k consistant spell damage?!

They should remove continuous and medic passives. Then make the same buffs consistent to the faction with the lowest population only. Or the least keeps.

I also think they should have an alert system similar to planetside 2. Encourage faction stacks at certain keeps at certain times. Also change the healing to only self healing. Makes ball groups have to build their own support into their builds.

Oh and the alerts. They would only happen at keeps that are on the winning faction keeps...fun fun
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone near a keep, attackers, defenders, random passers-by, get the passive. Technically it is "balanced".

It is actually a pointless passive. It would have benefits if it applied only the faction who controlled the keep.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    But how am I going to achieve my 17k honor the dead heals with my 7.5k consistant spell damage?!

They should remove continuous and medic passives. Then make the same buffs consistent to the faction with the lowest population only. Or the least keeps.

I also think they should have an alert system similar to planetside 2. Encourage faction stacks at certain keeps at certain times. Also change the healing to only self healing. Makes ball groups have to build their own support into their builds.

Oh and the alerts. They would only happen at keeps that are on the winning faction keeps...fun fun

I actually really like the idea of giving Continuous Attack (and perhaps Combat Medic) only to the least populous faction as a constant buff.

The game SORELY needs a mechanic to help even the odds against a pop-locked faction-stack steamroller.
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Everyone near a keep, attackers, defenders, random passers-by, get the passive. Technically it is "balanced".

It is actually a pointless passive. It would have benefits if it applied only the faction who controlled the keep.

It only applies when you're near a friendly keep. Attackers don't get the buff when taking an enemy keep. They get it once it flips.
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    ioh1bggaenhj.png

I strongly believe that this passive should be scaled down tremendously, or simply removed and changed to something else. Perhaps a 5% bonus to healing will suffice. Conversely, it could be repurposed to increase the damage of defenders. …….This makes it very clear that if anyone wants to take a keep, they better come prepared. If a zerg wants to go straight front door, they will be at a disadvantage for not getting CA. It's a risk/reward mechanism. Do you take a resource and give away your position? Or do you go straight FD and fight at a handicap? Keep in mind that CA also increases healing power, so attackers with the buff will not be completely undergunnned. Most of the time, the attackers outnumber the defenders, so this change seems viable. If you think that 20% damage is too much, why have we not said anything about the 20% healing?

Healing is cut by 50% by Battle Spirit. This passive only reduces that nerf.

To be honest, your suggestion would make pvdoor more favorable than riding to a flagged keep to face an unknown situation with an unknown number of attackers. Enemy guards might negate you but they don’t oil.

And for a faction facing an attack by an emperor faction, more healing done rewards cooperation in dire circumstances than more damage. If your keep is under attack by an emperor’s faction, a reduction in your healing is going to kill you much faster than an increase in damage is going to cut through their increased HP and scroll buffs.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    ioh1bggaenhj.png

I strongly believe that this passive should be scaled down tremendously, or simply removed and changed to something else. Perhaps a 5% bonus to healing will suffice. Conversely, it could be repurposed to increase the damage of defenders. …….This makes it very clear that if anyone wants to take a keep, they better come prepared. If a zerg wants to go straight front door, they will be at a disadvantage for not getting CA. It's a risk/reward mechanism. Do you take a resource and give away your position? Or do you go straight FD and fight at a handicap? Keep in mind that CA also increases healing power, so attackers with the buff will not be completely undergunnned. Most of the time, the attackers outnumber the defenders, so this change seems viable. If you think that 20% damage is too much, why have we not said anything about the 20% healing?

Healing is cut by 50% by Battle Spirit. This passive only reduces that nerf.

To be honest, your suggestion would make pvdoor more favorable than riding to a flagged keep to face an unknown situation with an unknown number of attackers. Enemy guards might negate you but they don’t oil.

And for a faction facing an attack by an emperor faction, more healing done rewards cooperation in dire circumstances than more damage. If your keep is under attack by an emperor’s faction, a reduction in your healing is going to kill you much faster than an increase in damage is going to cut through their increased HP and scroll buffs.

I disagree. Higher damage rewards coordinated attacks more than higher healing; it allows us to delete healthbars, completely rendering their healers useless. Emp buff won't stand a chance against a 20% damage boost to defenders.
  • Mankeyyyyy
    Mankeyyyyy
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

It only applies when you're near a friendly keep. Attackers don't get the buff when taking an enemy keep. They get it once it flips.

This isn't true. VERY easy to test out of combat, go do it.

This passive is very strong and only prolongs fights that never end to be honest. Gut it