The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wispheart Totem not combo-ing properly?

Morimizo
Morimizo
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I've noticed that the Wispheart Totem card, with four gold combos, never goes beyond the 1 gold payout, whether I have two Druid cards or seven plus with agents played. When the NPC plays it, they receive the proper amount of combo gold. I have tested this over many games with the same result. Does it only combo with particular Druid cards, am I missing something else, is it a bug with my game, or a bug in general?
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since posting the above, I've narrowed down the problem further; if the Wispheart Totem card is selected from the tavern (it's an upgraded Wispcaller), it works fine. If it is earned through the combo of the Draoife Ritecaller agent card, it does not. I can understand if not many have noticed this (if it is in fact behaving this way for them), since it is a relatively rare occurrence.
  • Poxilliz
    Poxilliz
    Soul Shriven
    I posted about it a couple of weeks ago as well : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/621295/druid-king-deck-issue-with-combos-on-summoned-cards

I've only had that bug against expert NPC players (and not always).
    Since then i've been testing other difficulties since some bugs are difficulty-related, haven't had it happen yet against Novice NPCs (which doesn't mean much since it's not a 100% thing against experts).

Haven't been able to test against players.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I missed your very detailed description in your other post, @Poxilliz ; that extra distinction of those cards only combo-ing with the agent that spawned them seems to be what I'm experiencing as well, though it is happening more consistently for me (playing only expert NPCs, so don't know how it might affect novice or proficient).

I hope ZOS can fix this, because the result is that I ignore or replace those agents when they appear in the tavern (and don't play that deck as much as I would like).

Thank you for your response! It's always lovely to know I'm not quite as crackers as I thought. :smile:
  • Poxilliz
    Poxilliz
    Soul Shriven
    Morimizo wrote: »

Thank you for your response! It's always lovely to know I'm not quite as crackers as I thought. :smile:

no worries, same for me :)

Tbh if this bug only occurs in NPC matches i don't think it's that big of a deal : by the time we have (got the agents to provide) enough summoned cards, the game is late enough/ the hand is usually powerful enough to roll the npc in the dust.

In pvp matches your opponent does their best to not let you get these agents/summons.

What i wonder/haven't tested yet is how it affects the patron passive (that spawns a chimera) : if you have 3 agents and 2 summoned, does it count as a 5 combo ? or a 3 combo ? or a 2 combo ? I remember someone reporting not getting a chimera in spite of having played the right number of cards, wonder if it's connected.
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poxilliz wrote: »

What i wonder/haven't tested yet is how it affects the patron passive (that spawns a chimera) : if you have 3 agents and 2 summoned, does it count as a 5 combo ? or a 3 combo ? or a 2 combo ? I remember someone reporting not getting a chimera in spite of having played the right number of cards, wonder if it's connected.

I have definitely noticed this as well! When first experimenting with Druid King, I'd go out of my way to only collect its cards (even at the expense of the NPC getting better cards from other decks) in order to get the Chimera, and it didn't work, even if I had 5 in the draw with the patron favored. Figured I didn't understand the mechanic. But now, in later testing, if I avoid those agents which spawn the Wisp cards, the Chimera pops as intended.