The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ok so what is considered a holiday quest today?

lurkin777
lurkin777
✭✭✭
I went to Western Skyrim and did one of the long quests and it didn't count. I'm beginning to hate this game or atleast the endeavors!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 18, 2022 1:37PM
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    The event quest from the crown store counted for me
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can open crown store and buy "free" quest starter for the holiday quest.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you referring to daily quests - quests which have a blue arrow, not a black one?

Solitude and Markath - find the 'daily job brokers' with their blue arrows. (don't confuse crafting writs, which also have blue arrows over them).
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    Great. I hate the Harrowstorms!!!!
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    dmnqwk wrote: »
    Are you referring to daily quests - quests which have a blue arrow, not a black one?

Solitude and Markath - find the 'daily job brokers' with their blue arrows. (don't confuse crafting writs, which also have blue arrows over them).

No the a quest that was in the country side. I was sent to someone and they sent me on a long quest!
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can open crown store and buy "free" quest starter for the holiday quest.

The other usual place to find the "holiday" quests, is at the Impressario tents. There's generally either a poster to click on, or an NPC, with a quest arrow.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lurkin777 wrote: »

No the a quest that was in the country side. I was sent to someone and they sent me on a long quest!

I believe a “holiday quest” is considered a quest that gives holiday rewards.

For the current event it is the daily quests from western Skyrim and the reach.
    Edited by BlueRaven on November 17, 2022 7:15PM
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the daily quests that also reward eventtickets did not count for me.

So I started the one from the crownstore.
    I first had to travel half through skyrim to interrupt a ritual, then he wanted me to kill a boss in a delve or public dungeon.
    So I entered Labyrinthion, and entered the door to the temple close to the skyshard. There is a boss duo, a summoner and a frost atronarch.
    Killing them completed my third endeavour, so I stopped to continue the holiday quest.

If you are not interested in that quest lorewise, skip it, it takes too long just to get some seals.
    Kill 2 bosses in Labyrithion, run fungal grotto 1 quickly, and place a furniture 7 times, finished. Did this on 4 logins pretty quick.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on November 17, 2022 7:23PM
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great. I hate the Harrowstorms!!!!

Just be there when it finishes. I had already done The Reach dailies on my current main before event started, so I took a char who had not done any combat for year (only writs and scouting during pvp event) and did a Reach Harrowstorm daily for the other ticket. With no memory how to that class.
    Edited by rpa on November 17, 2022 8:11PM
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you finish the long quest? That was the only one that counted for me.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a notice posted near the Impresario. Read it to start the holiday quest.
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    This quest suck for the reward.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that was the event quest you can get from the crown store, and it's pretty long: you have to kill a delve boss, a Harrowstorm and another mob related to the quest story before it can complete. So make sure you pick up the delve and Harrowstorm dailies beforehand, so you can complete them while you are doing the event quest.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should rename that one to Event Quest or something similar.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should rename that one to Event Quest or something similar.

Event Quests sounds like the ones that give Event Tickets. Holiday Quests are quests unique to the Event. Sometimes Holiday Quests are also Event Quests, but not always.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 18, 2022 4:02AM
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only did it on 1 of my 3 accounts to get the endeavour. The story was nice, but it was a poor reward for such a log quest. For the other 2 accounts I just queued for nFG as tank (dd with taunt) to get the endeavour.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

The "Holiday Quests" are the "intro" quests specific to each event; the ones they offer the short-cut trigger for in the Crown Store while the event is active, which also have an alternative in-game trigger found somewhere around the Impressario pavilions.

In this case, the in-game trigger is a "Slayer's Note" tacked to a tree next to the pavilion.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      BlueRaven wrote: »

The "Holiday Quests" are the "intro" quests specific to each event; the ones they offer the short-cut trigger for in the Crown Store while the event is active, which also have an alternative in-game trigger found somewhere around the Impressario pavilions.

In this case, the in-game trigger is a "Slayer's Note" tacked to a tree next to the pavilion.

During New Life, the main New Life Quests count as holiday quests.
    • jle30303
      jle30303
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      In the cases where there is only one, non-repeatable "Holiday Quest", but the same Endeavour turns up multiple times on separate days, you have the option of (a) completing a different endeavour or (b) doing it on a different character the next time it turns up on a later day.
    • jle30303
      jle30303
      ✭✭✭✭✭

A tree next to *which* pavilion? I can't find it in Vvardenfell, is it available in a different location?

• rpa
      rpa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      jle30303 wrote: »

A tree next to *which* pavilion? I can't find it in Vvardenfell, is it available in a different location?

Impressario. I could not find it with a char who had already done the quest.
      fn1tsexjjjp0.jpg
    • Kiralyn2000
      Kiralyn2000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hmm. I'm a bit disturbed that it's a blue arrow, suggesting that it's a daily. That quest is waaaay too annoying for me to do it every day. :o
      Guess I'll see next time I log in.
    • SPR_of_HA_community
      SPR_of_HA_community
      ✭✭✭✭
      As I understand 2 dayly quests in Skyream and some other special location are concidered holidays quests (you get event ticket for them).

What holiday is in them - I do not know ;)
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Quests and Exploration section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hmm. I'm a bit disturbed that it's a blue arrow, suggesting that it's a daily. That quest is waaaay too annoying for me to do it every day. :o
      Guess I'll see next time I log in.

It's not repeatable.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      jle30303 wrote: »

My preferred Impressario location is always the one in Western Skyrim, just up the hill from the Solitude Docks wayshrine.
      So that's where I went first, and where I found the note.
      T9c5Eeo.png
      (the character I used to grab this screen-cap hasn't run the quest yet, because despite it being a green arrow, it's not a repeatable quest, so the note disappears once you do the quest on a specific character.)
        PC/NA Warden Main