Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Do Guild Stores Work?

Quenzar
Quenzar
From what I can gather it's something similar to how auction houses function in other games? Every time I go up to a guild store vendor though, I scroll through every category of item and nothing shows up.

Do you need to be a member of a guild to purchase from a guild store?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 18, 2022 1:27PM
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need to perform a search. On PC you need to press R to see some results.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, anyone can purchase from a guild store. You have to run a search for items to appear. You can just hit "R" to see everything, or you can select a category first. Or, if you are looking for something specific, enter text into the search box first.
  • Quenzar
    Quenzar
    rauyran wrote: »
    You need to perform a search. On PC you need to press R to see some results.

Pressing R did it! Thanks!

Guess I should have noticed the instructions at the bottom of the screen, eh? ;)
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I couldn't figure them out when I first started playing, either.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quenzar wrote: »
    From what I can gather it's something similar to how auction houses function in other games? Every time I go up to a guild store vendor though, I scroll through every category of item and nothing shows up.

You'd be better off avoiding them. They usually have ridiculous prices, so you already need to have a lot of gold to be able to buy anything.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »

You'd be better off avoiding them. They usually have ridiculous prices, so you already need to have a lot of gold to be able to buy anything.

Prices are high due to the lack of gold sinks in the game, but new players can benefit from this too. Just spent an hour harvesting and sell the raw mats and you have just as much "buying power" as someone who did the same thing 3 years ago.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    I couldn't figure them out when I first started playing, either.
    ... and me too, I made exactly the same mistake the first time I opened the guild store UI.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Quenzar
    Quenzar

I was looking for Provisioning recipes and found the prices to be fairly resasonable vs. the amount of work I'd have to do to have gotten them all myself.

I can see that for other things some of them are pretty outrageous though.
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the most common question from beginners. The thing is that the store's interface is terrible
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I recall it took rather long for me before I realised the reason I found only empty guild stores was me not pressing 'r'.
  • Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    LikiLoki wrote: »
    This is the most common question from beginners. The thing is that the store's interface is terrible

The whole guild store system is terrible. Why Zenimax won't entertain an auction house, despite the fact that it would make buying and selling much easier, is beyond. Only the minority making fat profits from the guild store system, have anything to lose, whilst the majority of players would benefit.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭

To this I say, shop around, you can find some great deals this way. Usually prices in the markets in the major hubs will be higher but going outside of those major hubs and you will find some great deals.
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LikiLoki wrote: »

The whole guild store system is terrible. Why Zenimax won't entertain an auction house, despite the fact that it would make buying and selling much easier, is beyond. Only the minority making fat profits from the guild store system, have anything to lose, whilst the majority of players would benefit.

and here we go again ---- went almost two weeks without an auction house suggestion.

it would be lore breaking
    the minority would control it whereas now they cant
    the majority of players would not benefit.

the guild system is fine as it is --- if there was a central auction house -- rich peeps like me would definitely
    control it - you'd be putting cheap stuff all in the same place for us to buy up and then control the market on it whereas
    now you have hundreds of guild traders so the market cannot be cornered
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post