Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

not enough time

raguvy
raguvy
really run out of time when playing crow especially, due to the lengthy animations... anyone found a solution?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had the timer flip over, let alone run out of time even when playing multiple cards. I figure out my plays while my opponent is taking their turn so I can then play them quickly.
    PCNA
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped investing so heavily in the Crow deck for this very reason. Granted, I also found that there are easier ways to win games faster, than spending 20 minutes acquiring every Crow card possible...
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raguvy wrote: »
    really run out of time when playing crow especially, due to the lengthy animations... anyone found a solution?

What did you want? To stay combo all day long?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

I think some players would if they could.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 16, 2022 9:34PM
    PCNA
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭

lmao yes, I see players that just want to draw-draw-draw and even hit red-eagle although clearly their last card is a 1 coin card. Its crazy lol
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WitchyKiki wrote: »

lmao yes, I see players that just want to draw-draw-draw and even hit red-eagle although clearly their last card is a 1 coin card. Its crazy lol

Using red eagle to draw one gold when it's your last card is pretty sound. It means your deck gets a full shuffle and redraw ready for next turn, rather than being stuck with at least one guaranteed dud card.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »

Using red eagle to draw one gold when it's your last card is pretty sound. It means your deck gets a full shuffle and redraw ready for next turn, rather than being stuck with at least one guaranteed dud card.

Is it worth spending 2 power? If it's a close game those 2 power may be the difference between a win and a loss.
    PCNA
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that is literally the game, isn't it?

If power points are scarce, then maybe not. If your deck is thin and you are likely to trigger a three or four card combo in your next hand, then absolutely it's worth it.

Also worth considering at the start of the game if you've just bought a few starter cards. Shifting that gold out the way for the chance to draw a 3- or 4-gold card in its place next turn is almost always worth considering.
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    I play Purple all the time and honestly never had the timer flip on me, you really need to push the boundary of how much time you take between playing each card for this to matter I feel like.
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »

Slippery slope strategy since you can still end up with that 1 coin card.
  • raguvy
    raguvy
    dunno about getting to the end of my deck and playing every crow card since i run out of time halfway through my full hand being drawn, sometimes with purchases and then a tavern reshuffle in between. Tot's just been feeling like it's performing extra slow lately and now with the clicking issue i wrote about in a new post... really felt bad for my opponent in the last game XD
  • raguvy
    raguvy
    Cryptor wrote: »
    I play Purple all the time and honestly never had the timer flip on me, you really need to push the boundary of how much time you take between playing each card for this to matter I feel like.

could be but i keep clicking and the cards dont play until they're ready to.. someone else wrote about pre-thinking moves and yeah... but you can't force something to activate before a certain time/gap and that's what i have an issue with
  • raguvy
    raguvy
    like if i know i want to play 3 combo cards from my hand, as far as i understand i cant click and play them in quick succession, each one has to fully play before the next one is activated... and so much time is lost there... also with blue deck animation doing it's thing, moving cards to cooldown
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like if i know i want to play 3 combo cards from my hand, as far as i understand i cant click and play them in quick succession, each one has to fully play before the next one is activated... and so much time is lost there... also with blue deck animation doing it's thing, moving cards to cooldown

Once your move has started and your opponent has been dealt their hand for their next turn you can click the cards quickly. If I have 3 crows that generate drawing more cards I click them all and then they continue playing their combos.
    PCNA